coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6711|England. Stoke

Trotskygrad wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well, the concept is the same. You had a weapon that takes a while to chamber another round and fire. You also have a low ammo capacity in the magazine/arrows in your left hand.
no

you chamber a round and that round is ready to fire at full velocity any time after chambering, etc.

when you pull a bow you can't hold the bow at full power indefinitely, maybe 30 seconds max... in almost all FPS with bows this is simulated.

unless you're talking about crossbows, then that's more akin to using a bolt action rifle without a magazine.

plus you can adjust the amount of power in a bow. can't really do that with a rifle on the fly.
And you definitely can't hold arrows in your left hand when shooting a bow...
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5752|شمال
looks a lot like bc2
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i know it's alpha and probably low quality bla-bla but those graphics look terrible.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Any game can look like crap if you turn the graphics down enough. The fact that these are leaked means that it probably is running on lower settings. The official released footage looks significantly sharper.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Yeah considering we already have had a live PC demo where the graphics looked fine, I'm not too concerned by that.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State
looks like BC2 with a health bar
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
This is the future of bf games, don't like it, don't play. It isn't going to be exactly like bf2.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Trotskygrad wrote:

BC2 only needed 3 things to be a good game. A health bar was one of them.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>mfw 510 FPS
https://bf3blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bf3-alpha-screenshot-6.jpg
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

BC2 only needed 3 things to be a good game. A health bar was one of them.
the other two were better developers and another engine.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California

Trotskygrad wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well, the concept is the same. You had a weapon that takes a while to chamber another round and fire. You also have a low ammo capacity in the magazine/arrows in your left hand.
no

you chamber a round and that round is ready to fire at full velocity any time after chambering, etc.

when you pull a bow you can't hold the bow at full power indefinitely, maybe 30 seconds max... in almost all FPS with bows this is simulated.

unless you're talking about crossbows, then that's more akin to using a bolt action rifle without a magazine.

plus you can adjust the amount of power in a bow. can't really do that with a rifle on the fly.
touché
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
So I was just playing BC2 and someone got on the server and said he just played the Alpha test version of BF3. I called BS but he said he works for EA and the server was overseas so his ping was like 243. He said he played one map, it was underground for the most part but also above ground and massive apparently. Said you can blow the walls off all the massive buildings. Sniper holds shift to steady their aim, and prone is back (of course). He said it was a little buggy but I guess that's why they're testing it out.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
you bought that? holy shit some guy comes in with vague information about the game that has been clearly evident from the press-release photos and footage... omfg! you can blow up walls? the operation metro map is half-underground, half above-ground in a city environment? it's massive, i.e. rush? there's prone?!? wow that certainly wasn't mentioned 2 years ago on the EA twitter! sounds like you met a real authentic alpha tester...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i'm into the select and private alpha test for blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO project. i can't say much because it's limited only to family-members and high-profile celebrities, but what i can say is that there's levels, a few different classes, and a massive in-game world. i'll leak more secrets asap.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Yeah whatevs. Go back to reading your Jame Joyce.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
yeah jamie joyce! our day's finest crime-thriller writer!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam
i dont want to be a dick here jake, but uzique has a point. Whether that guy was an actual alpha tester or not, he didnt give away anything we didnt know already.
I highly doubt he was an actual tester, he probably just wanted some online attention.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
lol, never heard that about him
Must be a rare collection you read at Cambridge.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
first editions, they're incredible but jamey joyce gets overlooked easily, you know... competing with clancy, king, meyer, et al.

always be suspicious of people that bullshit in-game about stuff like that. if you're an alpha tester for bf3, why the fuck are you sat on a bc2 server telling people shit they already know? share some beans or at least go play the damn game!
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Yeah well I'm very tired and wasn't thinking all that objectively. I guess I got a little excited at the time
GullyFoyle
+25|5388

Jaekus wrote:

So I was just playing BC2 and someone got on the server and said he just played the Alpha test version of BF3. I called BS but he said he works for EA and the server was overseas so his ping was like 243. He said he played one map, it was underground for the most part but also above ground and massive apparently. Said you can blow the walls off all the massive buildings. Sniper holds shift to steady their aim, and prone is back (of course). He said it was a little buggy but I guess that's why they're testing it out.
I have read that they are currently running an internal EA-only alpha test of the Battlelog & BF3.  Sounds plausible to me.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6711|England. Stoke

GullyFoyle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I have read that they are currently running an internal EA-only alpha test of the Battlelog & BF3.  Sounds plausible to me.
Yes, yes all very plausible by why the fuck would someone who worked for EA start bragging about being part of internal closed alpha test whilst playing BC2...
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
if theyre like nyte
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
GullyFoyle
+25|5388

coke wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yes, yes all very plausible by why the fuck would someone who worked for EA start bragging about being part of internal closed alpha test whilst playing BC2...
Because people like to feel special, and the real people around them don't give a shit about BF3...
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6711|England. Stoke

GullyFoyle wrote:

coke wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Because people like to feel special, and they have no real people around them, so they make shit up about BF3...
Fix't

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard