BVC
+325|6694
BF3 will probably be to BC2 what BFV was to BF42 - good in it's own right, but essentially a glorified mod.

If it were WW2 with a decent portion of the original 42 maps re-made that would be sweet!  Imagine Stalingrad or Berlin with destructible buildings...

Last edited by Pubic (2010-06-11 17:40:06)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

fly a plane above 1500ft, i dare ya.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Pubic wrote:

BF3 will probably be to BC2 what BFV was to BF42 - good in it's own right, but essentially a glorified mod.

If it were WW2 with a decent portion of the original 42 maps re-made that would be sweet!  Imagine Stalingrad or Berlin with destructible buildings...
so you mean bad, as well as being a mod.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Weflect
wut?
+30|5929|Finland
"Get access to the Battlefield 3 Beta"

http://www.medalofhonor.com/battlefield3
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois
EA Adds Battlefield 3 Beta to Medal of Honor Limited Edition
EA sent out a press release announcing that people who order the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive beta access to the Battlefield 3 beta. Yes you read that right, Battlefield 3.

No details about the actual game are offered (or even a logo) other than the beta could start up to 12 months after Medal of Honor releases. The small amount of info also says that Xbox Gold is required for Xbox users so it looks like Battlefield 3 will be a multi platform game.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://i25.tinypic.com/2igoapf.jpg

BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA DETAILS

Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of Beta events. Participation in Beta requires acceptance of Beta Agreement. Must be 18+. Xbox GOLD membership required for Xbox users. Visit www.ea.com/beta for details, including availability.

Electronic Arts Inc. today revealed new details of the Medal of Honor Limited Edition that will be released in North America on October 12, 2010. The Limited Edition* features a host of weapons, powerful ammunition and camouflage. The weapons and camouflage give players a tactical gameplay advantage on day one. EA also announced today that people who own the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive an invitation to the beta** for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3™. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

This Sunday August 1, be sure to check out an all-new Medal of Honor gameplay trailer directed by Linkin Park’s Joe Hahn. The trailer will feature never-before-seen in-game footage set to the band’s recently-announced single ‘The Catalyst’ at www.medalofhonor.com/linkinpark. More details about the Battlefield 3 beta itself can also be found at www.medalofhonor.com/battlefield3.

Medal of Honor Limited Edition also features special content out-of-the-box including the MP-7, a weapon utilized by real-world Tier 1 Operators in the field. With its light weight, high rate of fire as well as its ability to penetrate body armor, the MP-7 handles like a pistol yet allows targets to be engaged like a rifle. The Limited Edition also includes two powerful shotguns with custom slugs. These devastating shotguns and ammunition are ideal for close-range fights.

For the first time in its 11-year history, Medal of Honor leaves the WWII theatre and enters the modern setting of war-torn Afghanistan. The game is told through the lens of a small band of fictional characters. Medal of Honor introduces players to the Tier 1 Operator, an elite warrior and relatively unknown instrument of the U.S. Military that operates under the National Command Authority to take on missions no one else can handle.

Medal of Honor launches on Oct. 12, 2010 in North America and Oct. 15 in Europe for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC. Follow the game on Twitter at:
http://www.twitter.com/medalofhonor or become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/medalofhonor.

* The PlayStation 3 version of the Limited Edition also includes the classic, Medal of Honor Frontline™ completely remastered in HD. **Restrictions and conditions apply to Beta offer. See http://www.ea.com/beta for details.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6641|can
Xbox GOLD membership required for Xbox users.
So much for PC exclusive.
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5534|Cerbere Landing
Sucks for me, I have no interest in medal of honor.

I'll just have to wait until BF3 hits the store shelves.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast

HaiBai wrote:

The small amount of info also says that Xbox Gold is required for Xbox users so it looks like Battlefield 3 will be a multi platform game.
FUCK

Why couldn't they leave consoles out, just this once? BF3 should have been PC only, Bad Company should have been kept for  consoles.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-07-31 04:02:54)

JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6324|England

henno13 wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

The small amount of info also says that Xbox Gold is required for Xbox users so it looks like Battlefield 3 will be a multi platform game.
FUCK

Why couldn't they leave consoles out, just this once? BF3 should have been PC only, Bad Company should have been kept for  consoles.
Because they will make more money if they put it out on consoles. They couldn't give a shit about the PC community, cause they know the money is in the console market.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

I think they realized MoH sucks balls, so they figure this is a way to get BF players to buy it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Doesn't really bother me on the multi-platform front. But I'll aim to get it on PC.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

If they don't have Battlerecorder or the ability to spectate I think I might cry. Or send a letter bomb to the head coder.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

ebug9 wrote:

If they don't have Battlerecorder or the ability to spectate I think I might cry. Or send a letter bomb to the head coder.
I hope they bring back map editor, or at least a vastly improved version of the original.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas

JakAttaK wrote:

henno13 wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

FUCK

Because they will make more money if they put it out on consoles. They couldn't give a shit about the PC community, cause they know the money is in the console market.
Didn't the PC version of BC2 outsell the consoles combined?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Johan Andersson on Twitter wrote:

Frostbite 2 is primarily developed for DX11. XP & DX9 is not supported, 64-bit OS is recommended. Lots of time to upgrade if you havent!
Bye bye XP
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas

ebug9 wrote:

Frostbite 2 is primarily developed for DX11. XP & DX9 is not supported, 64-bit OS is recommended. Lots of time to upgrade if you havent!
Bye bye XP
BF3 is going to be on the frostbite 2 engine?

FUUUUUU
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

JakAttaK wrote:

henno13 wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

FUCK

You can also blame people who pirate games. Console gaming is a lot cheaper for a lot of people. Don't blame someone for making money in the right market.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

ebug9 wrote:

Bye bye XP
Rrrrrrrr time to upgrade my 6 yr old PC....

So BF3 may be out in a year?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-01 03:10:31)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast

Bevo wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Bye bye XP
BF3 is going to be on the frostbite 2 engine?

FUUUUUU
Just another nail in its virtual coffin.

But, if they went back to BF2 style gameplay and expanded on it using the Frostbite 2 engine, it would actualy be pretty good. But they won't now that it's on consoles.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-08-01 03:24:19)

Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5479
DICE and EA can burn in hell for putting this on console. They clearly hate PC gamers and do not care what anyone wants.

ebug9 wrote:

If they dont have the commo rose, jets, BF2 style heli controls/flight, 64+ players in a map, or default conquest mode we should for a lynch party for the producers. If the game pace drops even a hair from BF2, I hope they all get brain cancer.

*begins to clean AR-15 while browsing Google Maps*

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-08-01 09:34:27)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Sacrilegious!
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5479
I almost forgot if they put in kill cams, auto aim knife kills, self health regeneration, perks or any of the Modern Warfare crap I hope all their children die right after they get an immediate sudden case of permanent sterility caused by random painful gentile injuries. I'm tired of stupid people reproducing.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-08-01 15:33:21)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268

Bevo wrote:

Didn't the PC version of BC2 outsell the consoles combined?
Not even close.

People are constantly misinterpreting a comment made right when the game came out to assume that. The PC version sold nowhere near that well.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6707

Dilbert_X wrote:

Penis wrote:

Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release.
aka Q3/4 2011

side note: this is not bf3, this shit is just bc3 being sold as bf3 kthx.

Last edited by TehMyke (2010-08-03 06:01:45)

» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire

TehMyke wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Penis wrote:

Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release.
aka Q3/4 2011

side note: this is not bf3, this shit is just bc3 renamed to bf3. kthx.
proof
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard