steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon
*sigh
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
HSG
+23|6474|British Columbia, Canada
That sucks man. I 'm gonna ask ea about that streak of 103 , there gotta be a vid of someone getting like 120 or something. IG next time record ur match on Sharqi.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6495|Sydney, Australia
Your new kill streak is 56! There's no way you can get that without padding, I'm reporting you to EA again mate, gosh, you'd think that one would've learned their lesson the first time round.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6369
I've managed to get my stats back 99.9% (with the wierd spm, etc.).
But after 2 months it failed again and now I have like -92481848932439849 points, what I find pretty awsm.

Fact: i've given up stats a long time ago.

Q: Whats your age mate?
BVC
+325|6695
Stats ruined Battlefield.

If they hadn't been there, BF2 would have been a better game with a better custom map scene, a better mod scene, and less cheaters.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6521|Polish state of EU

Pubic wrote:

If they hadn't been there, BF2 would have been a better game with a better custom map scene, a better mod scene, and less cheaters.
Than it wouldn't be popular at all. So there would be noone to make a mod for...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
I got "Hacked" to -9,000,000 or so points. Twas my first account since I bought the game, over 1,000 hours in that bad boy.

Sucks, but I just made a new account.

Brought me some more challenges for BF2 and made it that bit more interesting (So now it's even more awesome )
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Pubic wrote:

I disagree, mostly. I'll agree with the part about less cheaters. But for many players like myself, stats (or awards more specifically) have what kept the game going. I'm one of those gamers that buys/plays relatively few games, but the few I do play, I play until I get 100%. I find it fun and challenging going for all the awards, and in the process, I've gotten really into the game. If there wasn't those awards, I probably would've stopped playing after a few months.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

Pubic wrote:

BF2 would have died in a year without stats
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5501| - | - | - | - | - |

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6483|P-way, NJ
Very True
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5867|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Pubic wrote:

I doubt it, you make it sound like no one enjoys playing the game itself, which is the main part of the game.
I think if there were no stats it wouldn't make much difference because most people play because they think the games fun, or was you being sarcastic?
How could BF2 be empty if there was no stats system? I can't imagine it. I probably don't realise how many hardcore stats people there are, but surely if stats are your thing over having fun playing you would play a different game like an RPG or something?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
Playing for the fun of it is fine, but most people like to get something if they are gonna put thousands of hours into something.
Like prizes etc. for competitions, stats are there for the people who don't play all the time and don't want to play competitively.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6654
I can't get over the fact that a rep. called you out over 103 kill streak...I've got a 75 streak and flew my friend to 115-ish, if you are "good" in a helicopter and play enough Sharqi it's gonna happen, or if you're in a jet on a server with the right conditions.

It reminds me of how 2142 came out and some people were glad that there weren't dominant air vehicles...I think a developer gave an interview where he said they had no idea (or intention) that players would get so good at aircraft/helicopters, which was why they had less of that aspect in 2142 (as opposed to the "hard" way of balancing them out with proper AA and countermeasures....).  Obviously this line of thinking still exists.  I bet all of the DICE guys suck ass at their own game(s).
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
DUnlimited
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Pubic wrote:

I doubt it, you make it sound like no one enjoys playing the game itself, which is the main part of the game.
I think if there were no stats it wouldn't make much difference because most people play because they think the games fun, or was you being sarcastic?
How could BF2 be empty if there was no stats system? I can't imagine it. I probably don't realise how many hardcore stats people there are, but surely if stats are your thing over having fun playing you would play a different game like an RPG or something?
Stats system keeps all the public players playing and servers populated. The part of players that actually don't care about stats is a minority, mostly competitive or mod players, and most of them they like stats anyways no matter how much they say otherwise. I, for example don't care about stats but I still find them fun and they definitely are a part of what has kept me playing for all this time.

I am pretty sure public BF2 would die in half a year without stats, maybe leaving 5-10 populated privately ranked servers.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

elite.mafia wrote:

GravyDan wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

LOL
103 kill streak = obviously padding
This is exactly the type of thing a padder would say.  Nice try, Staty McPadder.
you's a trollin
don't you trolls have a meet under the bridge happening right now? What are you waiting for?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DUnlimited
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

wow sup has kd of 4 obvious hacker reported to ea
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

DeathUnlimited wrote:

wow sup has kd of 4 obvious hacker reported to ea
thanks Du, ur teh best
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647
I was curious to try and see what would happen if I tried to email them to get my stats back. Somebody gave me a negative 1 million or something, which I find funny. 

I just want to play with my unlocks and commander preference without servers kicking me for looking like a hacker. Couldn't care less about my stats.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5481
Although 103 is pushing the limit for what is believable I think its possible with a jet. I see J10 pilots with 80+ streaks on full 64 player Wake servers that allow carrier attack all the time. I ran almost a 70+ on Operation Road Rage with an A10, but I suicided in the middle so it didn't count. Vehicles make it easy to rack up high K/D ratios and ridiculous steaks. My current 60 was in a tank on Mass Destruction when the rebels were reduced to only one flag that we just couldn't seem to take in the chemical factory

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2009-06-03 19:14:29)

blacklupus
+13|6690
As it seems the EA staff are noobs themselves, having no clue about what is possible in this game.

Neither do they know how to check properly if someone was cheating/padding or getting PID spoofed.

Got resetted myself with 620k points and they didn't even dare to send me a decent reply on my emails.
Even though i could prove it wasnt me cheating with my account but some PID spoofer. Sent them Hash key lists and Punkbuster material and stuff but they didn't even notice.

And by that time i was on #20 dropping from top ten cuz of inactivity, so i didn't really care about the reset.

As one guy here replied: It's more fun owning noobs as a noob than as a four star. Despite getting kicked/banned because of "cheating".
Churrasco
+4|6287|Whoring the helicopters

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Although 103 is pushing the limit for what is believable I think its possible with a jet. I see J10 pilots with 80+ streaks on full 64 player Wake servers that allow carrier attack all the time. I ran almost a 70+ on Operation Road Rage with an A10, but I suicided in the middle so it didn't count. Vehicles make it easy to rack up high K/D ratios and ridiculous steaks. My current 60 was in a tank on Mass Destruction when the rebels were reduced to only one flag that we just couldn't seem to take in the chemical factory
LOL @ 60+ death streak

Anyways 100+ is OK. It took me a while but I got 117 with heli in Oman.

Last edited by Churrasco (2009-06-15 12:46:07)

nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5611|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

blacklupus wrote:

As it seems the EA staff are noobs themselves, having no clue about what is possible in this game.
Some of them don't even know about BF2, my friend bought a new copy of the game for his new computer, and it didn't install right, so he called them. The tech support guy hadn't even heard about Bf2 somehow, so he couldn't help him. I lol'ed when the support guy said "What's Battlefield 2, oh, that's one of our  games, huh?"

They fail @ tech support and customer service.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5481

Churrasco wrote:

LOL @ 60+ death streak

Anyways 100+ is OK. It took me a while but I got 117 with heli in Oman.
It never happened. Its a stats glitch that happened when the Skunk Works Ghost Town server crashed. It reported that dumb streak and a few days later a purple heart showed up to go with it. I would ask EA to fix it, but even if they did believe me they would probably just mess everything up and I would end up in the same shoes as others with points and no time looking like I had a hacked account. My real death streak is 12. Its not even possible to die that many times in a match on a ranked server.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2009-06-15 13:48:05)

Nihil
+15|5806|Malaga, Spain
If noobish tards like me can get kill streaks in the thirties armed with nothing more than an RPK, or in the forties in a tank, I can only imagine how common it must be for experienced jet pilots and chopper gunners to get into the hundreds.

It reminds me of how 2142 came out and some people were glad that there weren't dominant air vehicles...I think a developer gave an interview where he said they had no idea (or intention) that players would get so good at aircraft/helicopters, which was why they had less of that aspect in 2142 (as opposed to the "hard" way of balancing them out with proper AA and countermeasures....).
I always assumed that they had no idea when they were designing the game of the true potential of some of the weapons. The developers have a life after all. Hardcore players are always going to surpass the possibilities that playtesting reveal. In the case of jets and choppers in BF2, if they were significantly harder to play they would have an almost impossible learning curve, and yet in the hands of an expert they can be effortlessly used to slaughter everybody on the server. It must be very hard to balance games when you have to account for the skills of casual gamers as well as hardcore fanatics.

Last edited by Nihil (2009-06-16 01:41:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard