Super Awesome Member
+494|6402|dm_maidenhead

Mint Sauce wrote:

Looks identical to the last one.
You'd think someone would have noticed.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

quick question, why does chopping off a zombies leg with an axe kill him?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

RavyGravy wrote:

quick question, why does chopping off a zombies leg with an axe kill him?
Because technically they arnĀ“t undead, but humans infected with a kind of rage-virus, hence the punching and kicking you instead of trying to eat your face.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … p?t=906053

boomertank44 brings up a very good point. During one of the interviews during E3 Chet made to try and stop the rage slightly, he said the following:

Chet Failszek wrote:

We have an update for the PC in the coming weeks with a surprise in there (it's not a new campaign or anything, I want to be clear on that), you know, there's some cool new stuff that you're going to find. - Chet Faliszek (6/6/09) http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2750420
So to this, boomertank44 asks:

boomertank44 wrote:

So... WHAT WAS THE SURPRISE, CHET?
Looks like yet more broken promises on behalf of Chet and the L4D team... . Unless the molotov fix was the 'suprise'?

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-06-26 13:56:23)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906053

boomertank44 brings up a very good point. During one of the interviews during E3 Chet made to try and stop the rage slightly, he said the following:

Chet Failszek wrote:

We have an update for the PC in the coming weeks with a surprise in there (it's not a new campaign or anything, I want to be clear on that), you know, there's some cool new stuff that you're going to find. - Chet Faliszek (6/6/09) http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2750420
So to this, boomertank44 asks:

boomertank44 wrote:

So... WHAT WAS THE SURPRISE, CHET?
Looks like yet more broken promises on behalf of Chet and the L4D team... . Unless the molotov fix was the 'suprise'?
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2599
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

lame
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

Mutantbear wrote:

lame
Exactly. Putting the responsibility for creating new stuff into the communities hands instead of bringing on the content yourself as promised and THEN announcing it as a great feature, a kind and bold move from the devs. pah.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
Dont care. Just as i dont care about the first one. All i want is Episode 3 dammit!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
Valve's Doug Lombardi has told CVG that we should expect a Left 4 Dead DLC announcement before the end of the summer for both PC and 360.

At a recent press event that took place in London earlier today, Lombardi told us, "We plan to keep supporting Left 4 Dead 1. There will be some announcements coming before summer's out about what's coming there, and then we haven't shown everything that's in Left 4 Dead 2 yet."

Lombardi added, "I think 8, 9 months from now once everything's been out for a while and everyone's had time to see the complete product of Left 4 Dead 2 and see continued support for Left 4 Dead 1, they may sort of see what we were up to and what the method of our madness was there."

The upcoming DLC will be for both PC and Xbox 360, he confirmed.

As for Left 4 Dead 2, you'll be able to try before you buy with a pre-release demo. "With Left 4 Dead in particular we've found that word of mouth really is the strongest thing," Lombardi told OXM. "With Left 4 Dead 2 we plan do a demo before the game comes out that'll have multiplayer in it and hopefully we can continue the free weekends with the full game post-launch."

Look out for our full interview soon.
Well it sounds like Valve have... something up their sleeve when it comes to both games being out at once. I don't really know what to think anymore . Good to hear about new L4D content though. I hope its going to be something far more substantial than the 1 survival map we got last time.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Valve's Doug Lombardi has told CVG that we should expect a Left 4 Dead DLC announcement before the end of the summer for both PC and 360.

At a recent press event that took place in London earlier today, Lombardi told us, "We plan to keep supporting Left 4 Dead 1. There will be some announcements coming before summer's out about what's coming there, and then we haven't shown everything that's in Left 4 Dead 2 yet."

Lombardi added, "I think 8, 9 months from now once everything's been out for a while and everyone's had time to see the complete product of Left 4 Dead 2 and see continued support for Left 4 Dead 1, they may sort of see what we were up to and what the method of our madness was there."

The upcoming DLC will be for both PC and Xbox 360, he confirmed.

As for Left 4 Dead 2, you'll be able to try before you buy with a pre-release demo. "With Left 4 Dead in particular we've found that word of mouth really is the strongest thing," Lombardi told OXM. "With Left 4 Dead 2 we plan do a demo before the game comes out that'll have multiplayer in it and hopefully we can continue the free weekends with the full game post-launch."

Look out for our full interview soon.
Well it sounds like Valve have... something up their sleeve when it comes to both games being out at once. I don't really know what to think anymore . Good to hear about new L4D content though. I hope its going to be something far more substantial than the 1 survival map we got last time.
That's very good news, however to be honest I expected it. I think that since Valve has proved L4D is going to be well supported, people will be much warmer to L4D2. Most of the negativity came from the fact that they thought Valve was dropping the old game and making people buy the sequel, which I personally didn't think was the case.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
http://www.totalvideogames.com/Left-4-D … 14317.html

TVG: Correct me if I'm wrong, but the DLC you've done has been free and that's the same moving forwards, it's a similar model to Burnout Paradise; do you feel this model works and will it continue with Left 4 Dead 2?

Lombardi: Every time you look at that stuff sometimes there are multiple folks involved. On the PC we own and run STEAM so we own that decision right through to the end. With Xbox there's other folk involved. We were able to do the Survival Pack for free and with the stuff we have coming next we're having conversations to see how that manifests and how that comes out. At the end of the day, Xbox customers and even PC customers are learning that PDLC at a very reasonable price is certainly cool, it's better than not having any DLC at all.

So for us, as time goes forward, who knows what every release will be; certainly there's advantages to doing stuff free that we've invested in over time, and we felt that there were others ways that we were monetizing that. We'll see what happens as time moves forwards but we definitely feel that supporting games post-launch, free or paid, is definitely advantageous; it helps to grow the community, it helps to grow word-of-mouth, keep the product fresh and helps to sustain sales over time.
I have to say I really really hate the impact the Xbox is having on Valve. I wish they'd just stay the hell away from the damn thing as its really beginning to have an effect on us.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-07-07 10:15:55)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

Fuck that.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Fuck Xbox.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-07-07 13:56:39)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6623|EU

Miggle wrote:

Fuck Xbox.

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Fuck that.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6468

legionair wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Fuck Xbox.

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Fuck that.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Everything the 360 has done to the gaming industry has been bad.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

Miggle wrote:

Like raise its profile and inject hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue? Whilst inducting millions of new consumers into the gaming world in general?

K.

By your logic, the gaming industry should stay hardcore and restrictive - because that's a great business model - that way all of these developer teams and game companies will surely get all of their juicy funding packets in order to create tons more hokey, shitty, low-budgetgreat games.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Uzique wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Like raise its profile and inject hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue? Whilst inducting millions of new consumers into the gaming world in general?

K.

By your logic, the gaming industry should stay hardcore and restrictive - because that's a great business model - that way all of these developer teams and game companies will surely get all of their juicy funding packets in order to create tons more hokey, shitty, low-budgetgreat games.
Yeah, because companies making more money always means better quality products.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
I definitely wouldn't say the 360 has done nothing but bad things for the industry, but it's certainly started a lot of bad trends that are being picked up everywhere. Valve's pledge to keep the PC and 360 versions of L4D the same have basically meant the PC version has gotten completely neglected due to the 360's content distribution limits.

And now they're thinking of charging us for stuff we used to get for free. Urgh. Keep the 2 versions seperate I say. No need to change things on our end due to MS.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I definitely wouldn't say the 360 has done nothing but bad things for the industry, but it's certainly started a lot of bad trends that are being picked up everywhere. Valve's pledge to keep the PC and 360 versions of L4D the same have basically meant the PC version has gotten completely neglected due to the 360's content distribution limits.

And now they're thinking of charging us for stuff we used to get for free. Urgh. Keep the 2 versions seperate I say. No need to change things on our end due to MS.
The previous generation of consoles was completely seperate from PCs, which was exactly how they should have been.

Cheap consoles with local multiplayer. For the casual player who enjoys playing with friends.

The current generation has gotten good enough that it's bad, they're still not as good as PCs, but they're close enough that you can make the same games for both, not to mention they've added (weak) online multiplayer, and have scrapped local multiplayer.

Not to mention that Microsoft throws money at developers to make 360 exclusives, and is often more involved in game sales than the devs themselves. Microsoft is taking over gaming, which is having a hugely negative effect on game quality.

I own 2 versions of 007: Nightfire, the Gamecube version, and the PC version. They're literally 2 completely different games, and I love them both for their own reasons. I would be thoroughly pissed if the Gamecube version were on PC, as it was hardly as good gameplay-wise. But I loved it for it's local multiplayer with friends.

I love Burnout revenge with friends, but in the Current gen Burnout game (paradise) there is no local multiplayer. They released what they call "Party mode" for $10 which is pass-the-controller multiplayer, which is actually worse than it would be to just pass the controller whilst playing single player.

I bought Killzone 2 with a friend after seeing a movie, when we got back to my place I popped it into my PS3 and tried to figure out how to do splitscreen. Too bad, I should have read the box. It doesn't have any. It was also a terrible game.

Uzique, the massive influx of console users and money hasn't had a good effect on gaming. I have plenty of friends who obsess over their 360s because it's their first ever gaming experience. I'm quite sure if they played older PC games they would prefer them, but their only experience is with overpriced shit.

And since when has High Budget meant High Quality? High budget movies are rarely the best. Why would high budget games be any different?

If a company can make loads of money off a shitty game with great marketing, why wouldn't they? It's a shitload easier than putting a lot of effort into development, and it often makes a lot more money.

PS2 > Any Current Gen Console.

Games were better before the 360.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
yeah I actually agree with all that. More than ever the 360 is encroaching on PC games, and its causing a massive drop in the number of decent PC games to play. Battlefield is a good example of this .
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6468
Also Eckbawks introduced Matchmaking and pay DLC. Two evils that need a cure.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2009-07-07 16:40:45)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Agreed with Miggle.

Why the fuck do they release console games that have only online mp?

Wtf is the point of a console without split-screen shenanigans... At least Ninty understand this (Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc.)....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

yeah I actually agree with all that. More than ever the 360 is encroaching on PC games, and its causing a massive drop in the number of decent PC games to play. Battlefield is a good example of this .
Battlefield, Call of Duty, Bethesda's Games, Everything.

They even made a shitty console Civilization game. Thankfully, that never made it to PC.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-07-08 18:07:04)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Miggle wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Battlefield, Call of Duty, Bethesda's Games, Everything.

They even made a shitty console Civilization game. Thankfully, that never made it to PC.
Protip:

That Civ game on consoles wasn't shit. It's quite good, a lot like Civ4 actually. Some major differences and a lot less micromanagement, but still pretty good.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard