Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6621|London
oh lol didn't realise it slowmoed in lockon.

anyhow you're right, I'm not doing the events anymore they suck. But oh wait the missions suck too Maybe if I take a break from the game the combat will get fresh again.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6567|Austin, Texas
I was afraid of Assassin's Creed syndrome, which is pretty much why I didn't get the game.

I liked AC for the $10 it cost, but $50 for a fluid controlling yet stale repeating missions isn't really my cup o tea.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6812|UK

Flecco wrote:

Vilham wrote:

tbh game looks fun gameplay wise, but that really does seem to be it. plenty of abilities is always good.
Isn't that the point of a game... Gameplay...
yes but without good story,  thorough polish, some multiplayer and lots variety (ie not just an entire game focused on combat) you basically have a pretty shit and only rent worthy game.

O and thats not to mention most games have fun gameplay, that doesn't mean they are all good. Sounds to me this game gets old fast.

Last edited by Vilham (2009-06-14 09:26:16)

bennisboy
+829|6692|Poundland

Aries_37 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

was awesome fun for a few hours but is already becoming a bit stale

I hate the targeting system, they should prioritize the faggots with the missile launchers as they're the only ones who can actually hurt you. As it is I'm having to run around and find the missile launcher guys by eye, which is no easy task when everything around you is exploding, dieing, and you're getting hit by a constant stream of rockets.

It's way too difficult to trip strike teams and way too easy to get away from them.

The missions so far have all sucked balls. I just did the one where you have to defend the apartment from patrols. There are like 10 of them. Tedium is an understatement.  And despite that missions are still better than the crappy little 'event' things, I've lost count of how many times I've eaten a commander, got into a base, and killed everything inside or ate some people and left. This game has assassin's creed syndrome written all over it.
Holding tab puts everything in slow mo each time you mouse over a new target. It's easy as shit to find the right thing to kill. Keep moving and their rockets always miss, too.

Strike teams are a joke, kick the choppers out of the sky, musclemass throw stuff, whipfist, or just kill everything at once with a devastator

The apartment defense mission was incredibly easy, too.

In fact the whole game was easy. I just finished it, the final boss was a joke. Upgraded musclemass throws with any one of the wrecks lying around, stun, take 25% of health away, repeat and win.
yeah the game is really easy. The fact you can regain chunks of health so easily is pretty bad too. It's easy and tedious and reminds me so much of assassin's creed.

The point I was making about strike teams is that they're too hard to trigger, you have to lounge around in one area for aaages before they get called in. Didn't know about the slo mo thing though, playing with a 360 controller so dunno what button it is, haven't been told how to do it yet.  Is it an unlock ability?
Nobhead, go to the military areas n strike teams get called in quickly.

I wouldnt call the game easy, I'd say it sticks to its premise of making you seem like a demi-god.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6515

https://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/lulzhax/prototypef2009-06-1521-50-10-96.png

I guess I've played these events too much.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6699

NooBesT wrote:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 … -10-96.png

what.

I started a new game on hard instead of going for platinum events
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6826|Great Brown North
after playing this for awhile i would say it's a rent at best
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6509|cuntshitlake

I am broadcasting on xfire if someone is interested in how this game looks like.'

http://www.xfire.com/live_video/duhax/

Sleeptiem

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-06-17 17:43:46)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6515

Lucien wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 … -10-96.png

what.

I started a new game on hard instead of going for platinum events
I didn't "go" for them. I had all but like 3 gold after completing the game. I just got those and then did few platinum events.

This being one of them.

I did start on hard too, god damn Cross is a lot harder.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6711|NT, like Mick Dundee

It's Spiderman 2 with better graphics, a few new features, dumbed down 'web-swinging' and a few new moves in combat.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5680|Southern California
I'm so pissed that once you beat the game you can't use APC's or Blackhawks anymore.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6509|cuntshitlake

-MetaL* wrote:

I'm so pissed that once you beat the game you can't use APC's or Blackhawks anymore.
wat?
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5680|Southern California

DeathUnlimited wrote:

-MetaL* wrote:

wat?
Yeah I can't find any in the city besides Attack choppers and Tanks.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5543|England
got boring quick imo
Flecco
iPod is broken.

SamBo:D wrote:

got boring quick imo
Shaddup, I got this instead of Red Faction yesterday, don't say shit like that.

If it continues like it is atm though, methinks I'll play through it a few times. Bit of a shame about the movement system. In spidey 2 you could end up moving across the city very, very fast.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6788|FUCK UBISOFT

Flecco wrote:

got boring quick imo

If it continues like it is atm though, methinks I'll play through it a few times. Bit of a shame about the movement system. In spidey 2 you could end up moving across the city very, very fast.
spidey 2 was better than this, and it was fucking treyarch
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DUnlimited
+1,160|6509|cuntshitlake

-MetaL* wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

-MetaL* wrote:

wat?
Yeah I can't find any in the city besides Attack choppers and Tanks.
There are apc's near some of the event missions. Don't know about bh's though.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Miggle wrote:

Flecco wrote:

got boring quick imo

Spidey 2 had better movement, better progression in terms of abilities etc. etc.

City felt bigger too. Better missions, better side activities. That said, I'm still enjoying Prototype. Guess with the right hype there's a market for these types of games.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5766|Gulf Coast

I just finished it, doubt I'll go through it again. It got a little repetitive after a while but it was fun. Pretty decent graphics and sound, controls were easy but I didn't always like the "priority" lock on targeting sometimes, maybe that was just me. Overall it was fun but I probably could've just rented it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

El Beardo wrote:

I just finished it, doubt I'll go through it again. It got a little repetitive after a while but it was fun. Pretty decent graphics and sound, controls were easy but I didn't always like the "priority" lock on targeting sometimes, maybe that was just me. Overall it was fun but I probably could've just rented it.
Same. Should have gone for Red Faction tbh. Meh, shit happens.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5951|CA

Miggle wrote:

Flecco wrote:

got boring quick imo

I thought it was Fizz Factor?  Or did they turn into Treyarch?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

TopHat01 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I thought it was Fizz Factor?  Or did they turn into Treyarch?
Treyarch did most of the recent console Spiderman games m8.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6389
It´s total carnage. Like senseless mayhem. I LOVE it.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6202|Vancouver | Canada
Just beat it.
"Grow that back."
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6389
Is there a Quicksafe button?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer