blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

An Oklahoma State Trooper pulled over an ambulance on its way to the hospital Sunday, resulting in the police officer placing a chokehold on a paramedic as a patient lingered in the back.It was all caught on video by the patient’s son, who was following in another car.

The officer was apparently upset that the ambulance did not yield for him.However, it is evident that the ambulance had a real emergency on its hands, unlike the cop, who had been speeding towards some incident he was able to resolve in minutes, enabling him to refocus his attention on the ambulance.

Paramedics say they were rushing a woman to the hospital who had suffered heat exhaustion when they noticed the trooper traveling at a high rate of speed behind them. They say the trooper had its emergency lights on but had its sirens off.

The driver of the ambulance did not notice the trooper until it got right behind him. He pulled over allowing it to pass.Through his microphone, the officer allegedly said, “You should consider checking your rearview mirrors.”The driver of the ambulance said he responded by lifting his hands in bewilderment.

Three blocks later, the trooper was seen pulling out of a side street - apparently having addressed his emergency or having picked up a female passenger - and pulled the ambulance over.

At first, paramedics thought the woman in the passenger side was having an emergency.According to the paramedic’s transport incident report:

The officer got out of his vehicle in a state of rage. He approached my partner and yelled, “Get your ass back here. I am giving you a ticket for failure to yield.”

He also added, “What do you mean flipping me off?”

The trooper wanted to cite the driver of the ambulance but the other paramedic insisted on driving the patient to the hospital first, then allowing the driver to be cited.The trooper then told the second paramedic that he was under arrest for obstruction and attempted to grab the paramedic’s arm.

But the paramedic reminded him that it was a felony to assault a paramedic in the line of duty, especially when he needs to transport a patient to the hospital.They struggled briefly before the paramedic was able to hop in the back of the ambulance to tend to the patient.By that time, another trooper had pulled up and started banging on the side of the ambulance, telling the paramedic that he was under arrest for assault.

The officers finally allowed the paramedics to transport the patient to the hospital where they planned to arrest the paramedic.But then they finally got smart and contacted the district attorney, who insisted on reviewing the evidence before filing charges.Police say they have their own version of the truth that was recorded by their dashboard cam. Of course they are refusing to release it.

At one point in the hospital, the trooper told the paramedic that he was so enraged about the perceived “flipping off” gesture that he considered pulling his gun out and using deadly force, according to the paramedic’s transport report.
Who do u think was right the officer? the paramedic? Should the officer have pulled over the paramedic in the first place since the ambulance was trying to take the woman to the hospital... Do you think the trooper was too aggressive since he placed that EMT in chokehold? Also the EMT said the cop was so angry, that he thought about using deadly force on the EMT... little over the line isn't? where do you stand? Whats your view on this entire story?

source

Last edited by blademaster (2009-05-28 11:42:00)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Goose stepping nazi bastards tbh.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
yea the choke hold was definitely over the line and unnecessary looks like he was trying to prove his authority... like I'm the boss u better listen the fuck up...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

Fire the cops and lock them away
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky
an EMT and a Paramedic are two very differen't certifications.

Fucking Cops anyway..  string him up in town square and throw rocks.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6638|Your moms bedroom
get yo popcorn ready

fucking cops man, there are so fucking stupid and so full of themselves. Hey, lets give some testosterone filled narrow minded 20 year olds badges and guns.

Cops say they have dashcam evidence that paramedic assualted them first

Last edited by Locoloki (2009-05-28 12:11:37)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

"But the paramedic reminded him that it was a felony to assault a paramedic in the line of duty, especially when he needs to transport a patient to the hospital."

I watched the video but I didn't hear him say that. But he MUST have said something along those lines, otherwise that cop would surely have put the black guy in cuffs after he resisted, like the cops always do

I think the key though in dealing with cops, is just NOT to yell at them or look irritated at them. They get all freaked by it lol, and want to arrest you for something like, hurtin their ears drums, or obstruction of justice (Which sounds to me like a contradiction after watching that video)

Edit: Could that cop doing the choke hold be any more white? "Sorry Sergeant Albino!"

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2009-05-28 12:21:22)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Ohhhhh cops.... You have to treat them like little kids. Just let them boss you around a little and play along with it so they can have their little power trip.

Not only do I hope the cops get in deep shit for this, I hope the patient sues and gets a bunch of money from the police force, which will in turn lead to more deep shit for the dumbass officers.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Oklahoma...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
Hopefully, the cop's getting fired.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Where's lowing defending the cops?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
The guys in red are obvious criminals in need of a beatdown.

Paramedic report

This the black EMT's report.

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-05-28 14:41:46)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6573|London
Well this one's not as bad as some of the other stories that have come up. Yes the police have no right to stop an ambulance en route to hospital, but the EMT made a real meal of it as well. He was clearly being quite aggressive, and the policemen were telling him to calm down while choking him (which seemed more like a restraining move than a choke, the EMT guy hardly flinched).
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

Aries_37 wrote:

Well this one's not as bad as some of the other stories that have come up. Yes the police have no right to stop an ambulance en route to hospital, but the EMT made a real meal of it as well. He was clearly being quite aggressive, and the policemen were telling him to calm down while choking him (which seemed more like a restraining move than a choke, the EMT guy hardly flinched).
It's dangerous to delay getting a hyperthermia patient to hospital.  If body temp rises above 41 degrees, the brain starts to die.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5979|Toronto
This is ridiculous. Not only should he be fired, he should be tried for criminal negligence. Also, as was pointed out, he is now a felon for assaulting a paramedic in the line of duty.

Good to know America's streets are made safe by these guys.
I like pie.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6309|South Jersey
Don't worry, if this doesn't land his stupid ass in jail(the cop) his comeuppance will come in about 20 years, when other authorities find his correspondence with 12 year olds Jimmy and Molly in his basement. Then he will be mercilessly raped in prison. What goes around....
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky
i'd like to jump on the I hate Cops band wagon.. but its fucking full.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5573|The Wild West
no it aint
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Well, shoot. I for one would like to hear one of the LEO types explain why this is okay or whatever.

It's not just the cops behavior, it's the way his fellow officers were belligerent at the hospital afterwards.

I read every story about this, I watched all the videos, I read many of the comments in the articles.

Now, to be sure, they are innocent until proven guilty, but will the cops ever be tried as felons for assaulting the paramedic? Not likely, therefor the public must decide the guilt based upon the evidence as it is now.

At the least, the officer was a power mad dullard with a small penis syndrome combined with a Napoleonic Complex. He is of the ilk that would smack down a " darky " because he is " uppity ". He is flirting with a God Complex as well, knowing that tape was rolling, and apparently feeling no qualms about breaking the law on camera.

At the worst, he is a racist red neck goat fucker who should not be on the tax payers tit. He should be reassigned to a penitentiary where one is more free to be a sadistic evil prick.

Remember, it is a felony to assault a paramedic when he has a patient in his care.

Of course, not all cops are bad, and they perform a required service in a large society, but when they consider themselves above the law, they then become an enemy more dangerous than most islamic fanatics because he has the weight of a tax funded gun in his belt.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/griffin/ … letter.pdf
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
Calling lowing
Earth to lowing
Come in lowing
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6766
No wonder people dont trust police. Do police ever diffuse a situation or just escalate it?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

BN wrote:

No wonder people dont trust police. Do police ever diffuse a situation or just escalate it?
depends on the cop I guess....
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6766

blademaster wrote:

BN wrote:

depends on the cop I guess....
yeah, ur right. Its wrong to judge them all by this.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5981
I think its a bit unfair to be generalising and saying things like people dont trust police or that police only ever escalate situations. Obviously only the bad things get shown, do they show successful policing or jobs well done on the news?

Regardless the officer was in the wrong here, he was itching for a fight and he found one
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

thraSK wrote:

Obviously only the bad things get shown, do they show successful policing or jobs well done on the news?
Ya, I've never had a bad experience with police so you're right. A lot of times the good ones don't get the respect they deserve, and maybe then it drives em kinda mad.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard