Racoon_Flyer
+10|5931|Cambridge, UK
Airsoft > Paintball

All I can say is don't expect to get much range or accuracy out of a bog standard paintball gun, and don't sit around at the back scared of being hit.
specops10-4
+108|6740|In the hills
Rule #1 dont get shot anywhere from within 5 feet especially crotch or inner thigh.  I was shot 2 times one on my inner thigh and one right on my nuts. 

I got a bruise on my ball and it pretty much disappeared for a few weeks.  And my inner thigh was bleeding like a mofo and I ended up getting 3 stitches. 

We were playing in shorts and T-Shirts and I went around a wooden barrier and kneeled down.  Turns out I didn't see my friend prone on the other side of the barrier.  One of the more painful things that has ever happened to me.
link52787
+29|6519
If you are taking cover and the paintballs are going above your heat, please don't raise your head up to see where they are coming from

Cover your neck.  A paintball hit the back of my neck when I first played paintball.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

Snake wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Only place I would advise not to get shot is in the ass
Are you seriously suggesting that the ass-shot hurts more than the crotch-shot? 
Well, when you have BALLS OF STEEL! like me

I only got shot in the ass though.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
its super fun when the tanks running out, and you have to use your gun like an arty piece
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6651

FatherTed wrote:

its super fun when the tanks running out, and you have to use your gun like an arty piece
Lol.

I always loved hearing someone run out of gas and then start cursing their inevitable forthcoming doom.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6460|cuntshitlake

Mekstizzle wrote:

What are paintball guns like in terms of accuracy/range (oh, and rate of fire), I might go in the summer, never been yet
Accuracy is poor'ish, depending on the gun. With basic rental stuff you can hit something at around 20-30m. With more competitive markers it's around 50m max.

As for range the balls fly about 60-100m

As for ROF on the rental semi-auto you can put out around 3 balls a second, with good markers up to 15-20.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6153|Vancouver | Canada

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

What are paintball guns like in terms of accuracy/range (oh, and rate of fire), I might go in the summer, never been yet
Accuracy is poor'ish, depending on the gun. With basic rental stuff you can hit something at around 20-30m. With more competitive markers it's around 50m max.

As for ROF on the rental semi-auto you can put out around 3 balls a second, with good markers up to 15-20.
Good markers can hit 40 bps.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
I'm going with 40+ guys(all family members/friends). Most of them don't play paintball often so I'm assuming it will be less 'fun' for me.

I'll take all the advice into consideration. Just hope I can wake up the next morning for school.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5996|Vortex Ring State

12/f/taiwan wrote:

I'm going with 40+ guys(all family members/friends). Most of them don't play paintball often so I'm assuming it will be less 'fun' for me.

I'll take all the advice into consideration. Just hope I can wake up the next morning for school.
Lol... Less experienced opponents = more fun, cause you don't have uber-skilled players sniping you.
spasticus5
A TEN! A TEN!
+9|6195|San Clemente(best city ever)

fermatx wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Lol... Less experienced opponents = more fun, cause you don't have uber-skilled players sniping you.
QFT...plus its easier to flank then becuase they dont pay attention.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6340|California
I don't paintball. I .22 and kevlar...

Srsly now:

Don't puss out.
If you are going with friends, stay in groups (help).
Don't burn paint.
Mask on.
Knee pads are immense help. Especially on outdoor/natural arenas.
Be fast.
Don't try to be all militaristic.
It doesn't hurt.
Buy paint grenades if they allow it cause they are
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6153|Vancouver | Canada

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Don't try to be all militaristic.
This too.

I hate Milsim monkeys.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

RavyGravy wrote:

buy a cup
this
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
BVC
+325|6693
If you can buy more paint, do it - and use it.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5979
Wear a cap backwards to protect the back of your head and some of your neck, if you get those facemasks which just cover your face and sides of head but not top & back
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

thraSK wrote:

Wear a cap backwards to protect the back of your head and some of your neck, if you get those facemasks which just cover your face and sides of head but not top & back
Not a bad idea tbf.

Hat with the masks can be annoying

And most of the time your looking towards the enemy, not away...

Need to add up the pluses and minuses
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6460|cuntshitlake

tazz. wrote:

thraSK wrote:

Not a bad idea tbf.

Hat with the masks can be annoying

And most of the time your looking towards the enemy, not away...

Need to add up the pluses and minuses
That is indeed a good idea for a beginner. Only after playing for some time you realize that the hits don't hurt that much or atleast not for a long time. After that you become ultimate like me and realize it's stupid to get hit at all
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
gloves
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6713
Hide behind your boyfriend
Love is the answer
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast
The first shot really hurts, after that it doesnt really.

Paintball guns are useless at long ranges.

Make sure you get a fully functioning weapon, the one I had had didnt have a saftey and i couldnt cock it properly.

Be prepared for muscle pains for a few days afterwards

Last edited by henno13 (2009-04-26 03:06:12)

blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5745|Croatia
oh yeah,wear baggy clothes,you'll never feel the hit
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5751|Roma

DefCon-17 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I have a very fast finger movement, and i people actually thought that i was using an automatic paintball gun.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast

aerodynamic wrote:

Def Con-17 wrote:

Death Unlimited wrote:

Accuracy is parish, depending on the gun. With basic rental stuff you can hit something at around 20-30m. With more competitive markers it's around 50m max.

As for RIF on the rental semi-auto you can put out around 3 balls a second, with good markers up to 15-20.
I have a very fast finger movement, and i people actually thought that i was using an automatic paintball gun.
hax

The marker I had couldn't hit shit at 10m when going for the accurate semi auto approach.
Im surpirised I got a positive KD ratio, which mostly made up utilizing suprise buttsecks on a group of guys in a house which got me five kills

Last edited by henno13 (2009-04-26 06:27:48)

blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5745|Croatia

henno13 wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Def Con-17 wrote:

hax

The marker I had couldn't hit shit at 10m when going for the accurate semi auto approach.
Im surpirised I got a positive KD ratio, which mostly made up utilizing suprise buttsecks on a group of guys in a house which got me five kills
I dunno,when I went balling,the guy asked us how me want the power set up.I believe he set it to 95(CO2 compression)and it was quite powerful and relatively accurate with slight deviation on higher distances

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard