https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6398|NSW, Australia

buy a cup
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6171
Don't be a wuss, and don't be afraid to get shot, It doesn't hurt. (this doesn't mean go shirtless. . .Where BDUs if you have them, or just jeans and a long shirt if not. If your not scared of being hit, you'll do way better). Keep elbows tucked in when peeking corners and keep as low a profile as possible. Know what the range of your gun is, and don't burn ammo unless you think theirs a good chance you can hit them. No Rambo. Play smart. GLHF
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6623|New Hampshire, USA
Move up.  I dont care that they are shooting at you, thats what cover fire and speed is for.  I hate nubs
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5975
Keep your barrel pointed at the ground unless you're actually shooting at someone and always wear your facemask, dont take it off at all if you're in the 'ring'

Otherwise have fun and dont get caught up about getting shot! It's more of a shock and a sudden adrenalin spike than anything else. The bruises look cool and are relatively painless anyway
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
What are paintball guns like in terms of accuracy/range (oh, and rate of fire), I might go in the summer, never been yet

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-04-25 06:44:54)

h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Move up.  I don't care that they are shooting at you, that's what cover fire and speed is for.  I hate nubs
Everyone has to start somewhere.
At any rate, most public places use respawn (or if its speed ball you'll get back in the action soon enough anyways). Definitely keep moving, nothing as aggravating as 15 people hiding behind barrels. Keep it fast pace and you will have more fun, as will everyone else. If its woods ball in particular, find someone who looks like they know what they are doing (or a group of them, they tend to stick together or in a couple small groups) and try and stick with them. They will usually be more than happy to help you out and give you a few tips, just don't be an asshole about it, and if they want to go flank way around and your wearing bright pink, let em.

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO GET HIT.
You will get hurt. It will hurt a little bit. Get over it and keep moving. Once you get hit a couple times you should do better, might even want to consider having someone shoot you in the chrono area or something, all the time I see people come and hide for the first hour until they get hit and then they start having fun because they aren't scared about it any more.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6183|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
I did paintball for the first time 2 weeks ago. Its great fun and i have to admit, i owned you'll be fine and the getting shot does'nt really hurt!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

Seriously, they do not hurt as much as people make out unless you get hit at close range. Ive only done it once, and only got hit 4 times when I went Got loads of kills and went through ~ 800 paintballs Fucking epic.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5740|Croatia
1.never take you mask off unless you're in safe zone
2.if you have semi automatic markers one guy taught me a trick to make them "full auto":

a. place your finger on the trigger like so
b.Bounce your finger between the trigger and trigger guard fast and hard and marker will fire really,really,fast

3.Even if you're out of balls,when you fire the marker it will sound the same(the compressed CO2 exiting the barrel).Use that in your advantage(I know one time when I was out of balls,I somehow managed to sneak up on my friend,yelled "FREEZE!" and started shooting.He shat himself and started jumping around)
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
cover your balls, i got shot there like 3 times and it hurts!
but its gonna be a lot of fun.
i always go playing paintball with guys who play some tactical war games, like a friend of mine who is joining the usmc and the other one the italian army, so we always team up in three try to be as tactical as possible. eg. covering the flanks, cover, move and clear etc.
its fun...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5677|SQUID
aim for the groin
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6646
Most of these previous tips (don't be afraid to move up, don't be afraid to be hit, work together to flank, etc...) are good.

My personal advice would be to warm up beforehand like you would before playing a more tradional sport (i.e. - stretch and stuff)...this is probably common sense for some people, but I thought I'd throw it out there.  I played paintball all the time back in highschool, and loved it, but I also have a bad knee to show for it, which I probably could've avoided if I had followed the advice I just gave.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Dookie0119
+43|5770
Treat Paintball like a regular sport you would play.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

Just don't waste paintballs like I did. Take your shots carefully and don't just spray them everywhere. I spent so much money on extra paintballs because I didn't take my shots carefully.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6323|teh alien spaceshit
don't try to be accurate in paintball.
Paintball guns are not very accurate.
It's a speed game, so move up and rush a lot.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada
Safety:
- ALWAYS keep your mask on when you're on the field. If you have to re-adjust it, call over a ref to help you out.
- ALWAYS keep your finger OFF the trigger if you're not playing. No excuses.

Misc:
- Use the "3 second rule". In general, a player will need 3 seconds to bring his gun up and shoot at you the moment you break cover. Use this to your advantage. Of course, if he already has his gun up and knows where you are, it's different..
- Flank the other team.
- Don't be predictable when shooting. Keep popping out of different places around your cover.
- Snap-shoot: Get your gun up behind cover, aim at the general direction of the opposing player, then snap out of cover, only exposing half of your head and upper body, take one or two shots, the snap back. Takes a little practice to do properly.
- Don't "chicken wing": Sticking your trigger elbow out like a chicken wing. Keep it tucked.
- Talk to your team. Yell out the opposing team's positions.
- Don't wipe off hits. It's lame, and if you're caught, people usually don't forget.
- Most important of all (next to the safety ones): Have fun.

Also, if there are any experienced players on the field, you could ask them for some advice. The experienced players at my local field are usually up for giving newer players advice.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-04-25 09:56:34)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I always get my nutcup and throat shield from my hockey equipments. If the terrain is completely in the woods I also use knee and elbow pads. Kneepads mainly because my knees are fucked up. If you have time today, go rent this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379184/
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6512|Adelaide, South Australia

I was shot 3 times the one time I played (Well, it really was only twice).

I took a double-hit to my marker front on and the paint coated my mask pretty much completely, so I had to walk off to get them cleaned properly. The third time I was hit, I was trying to flank on the same side as an enemy player and we got stuck behind barrels less than 6 metres away from each other. Neither of us could move without our opposing teams seeing. The stalemate ended when my knee-groove in the mud came loose and he shot me in the knee.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
man the time i got shot twice in the nuts i just fell on the ground, in the middle of the paintball place. so everybody started laughing and stopped playing.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Only place I would advise not to get shot is in the ass, now that one did hurt. Other than that, go nuts, within the limits of the field.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

Don't be a pussy.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

Only place I would advise not to get shot is in the ass
Are you seriously suggesting that the ass-shot hurts more than the crotch-shot? 
WienerBreath
Hai guys
+14|5494|Fort Hood, Texas
Don't blind fire. People hate that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard