Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
Disclaimer: Below post contains social networking site and girl1/girl2 bullshit. It's slightly convoluted and fairly uninteresting. Proceed with caution.

As you all well know, prom is coming up for most high schools (3 weeks here, fairly soon). I was fairly undecided on who I wanted to take, hence it's pretty late.

Anyway, one of my friend's friends thinks I'm pretty cute. She was kinda talking through my friend, and basically this girl (girl 1) was told that I was "seriously" considering asking her to prom (not my exact words, I realize it's due to the method of communication, but I digress). She's pretty cute, but definitely not the brightest girl out there. I'm not sure I could stand spending a whole night with her.

Well, her best friend, who I think is much better looking and from our minimal interaction, seems to possess a little bit more intelligence. I asked my friend (who was relaying between me and girl 1) to get her number for me, making sure that girl 2 was aware that I wanted it.

Girl 2 and I have been talking for the past 7 hours (SMS) about everything and nothing. She seems to be fairly interested.

Here comes the issue. Somewhere in the past (current) conversation with girl 2, she mentioned myspace, and while I'm not a regular user, I went and found her, and added her. About an hour and a half later, her best friend (girl 1) also requested to add me. Not wanting to be a doucher (and unaware of the potential problem), I accepted.

Now while looking over girl 2's page, I see a conversation between her and girl 1 about what else, but me.

So now girl 1, who has just recently added me on myspace and thinks that I am "seriously considering" asking her to prom sends me a message, or a comment or whatever.

It appears that both girls think I will ask them to prom, however they don't appear to be communicating about it. The problem is, if I blow off/hint to girl1 that I'm busy etc., and ask girl 2 who never talks to girl 1 about it, it might seriously fuck up their friendship. They are literally best friends, and I'm not sure girl2 would still go with me if she realized she was tearing apart her friendship with girl1.

It seems to best way to deal with this is either,

(1) Be straight up with girl1, tell her I'm more interested in her best friend
or
(2) Try to get girl2 to talk with girl1 about me. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, but it definitely could blow up in my face.

Ideas?

Last edited by Bevo (2009-04-18 17:02:49)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
You can take both, if you got the money
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast
Pics?

Jk. Dont ask me.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
It's kind of urgent tbh. I do realize that this thread exists, but this subject matter seems to deviate enough from that thread's original intention to make a new topic.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6755|d
Depends what kind of girl, girl 1 is. If you think she will accept that you like her mate more and not get in the way, then tell her the truth. However if you think girl 1 will screw your chances with girl 2, then just play girl 2 against girl 1. This way girl 2 will all be like "you just jealous bitch".

getitnope?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

mafia996630 wrote:

Depends what kind of girl, girl 1 is. If you think she will accept that you like her mate more and not get in the way, then tell her the truth. However if you think girl 1 will screw your chances with girl 2, then just play girl 2 against girl 1. This way girl 2 will all be like "you just jealous bitch".

getitnope?
I honestly don't know. I don't know either of them well at all, I mean girl 1 has been around 3-4 times when I'm tailgating at baseball games, and girl 2 has only been there once.

The positive thing though is they're both sophomores, so if they miss out on prom it's no big deal. It's not like they're relying on me being their senior prom date.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6732

Is there a 3rd option by any chance?

Because, if you do pick one, then there is a 95% chance that a massive fucking fight will ensue. And you being in the middle of that fight is nothing but headaches.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Bevo wrote:

I don't know either of them well at all, I mean girl 1 has been around 3-4 times when I'm tailgating at baseball games, and girl 2 has only been there once.

The positive thing though is they're both sophomores,
Desperation.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

Jestar wrote:

Is there a 3rd option by any chance?

Because, if you do pick one, then there is a 95% chance that a massive fucking fight will ensue. And you being in the middle of that fight is nothing but headaches.
I'm a fairly eloquent but straightforward speaker, so I don't think that option 1 will turn out that badly. I'm kinda leaning towards it at the moment, but I'm willing to hear opinions or perhaps alternatives.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5739|Croatia
try with the one who you think is more interested in you and tell her about her friend how you do not wish to interfere in their friendship and shit
profit
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6755|d

Bevo wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

getitnope?
I honestly don't know. I don't know either of them well at all, I mean girl 1 has been around 3-4 times when I'm tailgating at baseball games, and girl 2 has only been there once.

The positive thing though is they're both sophomores, so if they miss out on prom it's no big deal. It's not like they're relying on me being their senior prom date.
Well if you don't know either of them that well, my best advice will be to GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCT. Trust me, it works!
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

Macbeth wrote:

Bevo wrote:

I don't know either of them well at all, I mean girl 1 has been around 3-4 times when I'm tailgating at baseball games, and girl 2 has only been there once.

Desperation.
Not really. I mean they weren't certainly my first choices, but they're both fairly good looking (jailbait etc), they both think I'm good looking, and I'm a year ahead, so they're only really a year below me.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Bevo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Desperation.
Not really. I mean they weren't certainly my first choices, but they're both fairly good looking (jailbait etc), they both think I'm good looking, and I'm a year ahead, so they're only really a year below me.
I tease. Good luck.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6708|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
In option number 2, there is no potential for it to blow up in your face.  It will blow up in your face, period.

On, the other hand, option number 1 only has a 95% chance of total disaster.

The easiest way to do this would be to do as mafia suggests and play them off against each other, though there are two problems.  One is time constraints.  The other is that girl 1 will probably wind up hating you and girl 2 quite a bit.  Having taken this path before, I can honestly say that the results can be rather....interesting and potentially hazardous to your physical and mental health.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6264
All I can say is fuck women friendships.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
I'm in the middle of creating the option 1 draft to girl 1. I don't think it will be that bad, because I never really talked with her at all. Also, I forgot to mention, one of my friends has recently dated her and I can use this as an excuse.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5739|Croatia
or you could try this

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6755|d

Bevo wrote:

I'm in the middle of creating the option 1 draft to girl 1. I don't think it will be that bad, because I never really talked with her at all. Also, I forgot to mention, one of my friends has recently dated her and I can use this as an excuse.
We all knew you had it within you! Gud luck, will see you when you post ;

"Dear BF2s, I need help gettin laid"

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

99.4% of teen friendships will end by age 22 ... so it doesn't really matter whether or not there is an issue.

Ask girl 2 and move on.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6445|USA
3 way
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

OrangeHound wrote:

99.4% of teen friendships will end by age 22 ... so it doesn't really matter whether or not there is an issue.

Ask girl 2 and move on.
This was the plan, regardless. I realize it's just a prom date (nothing major), but I'm planning on attending prom regardless and if this turns out to blow up my face I'm down 2 potential dates.

Anyway, I sent the message off... but it may have been too late already. Girl 2 hasn't sent me a message in the past 45 minutes (no mention of leaving etc), so I can only assume that they're already bickering.

Oh, and the issue wasn't having the balls to go through with option 1 (@ mafia ), but the outcome of the options.

Here's for hoping for the best! <333
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)
1. Buy gun.
2. Take gun to prom.
3. Kill everyone in prom.
4. Kill self.
5. Profit.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

1. Buy gun.
2. Take gun to prom.