Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I find Gears of War so repetitive that it becomes incredibly tedious about halfway through. I've completed both games and I have absolutely 0 desire to play either of them ever again.

Hide behind wall, shoot over wall, move fowards.

I also have no desire to try the multiplayer. The entire game is slow and restricting. Boring.
You hated it so much, you played the second one all the way through!

Rofl.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I find Gears of War so repetitive that it becomes incredibly tedious about halfway through. I've completed both games and I have absolutely 0 desire to play either of them ever again.

Hide behind wall, shoot over wall, move fowards.

I also have no desire to try the multiplayer. The entire game is slow and restricting. Boring.
LTP

SP is a little tedious, but hey, if you don't take cover you lose your head. Thats the whole point of the game...make you take cover, not stand in the open and fire like a retard. Either like it or not I guess...for me, I just think "shit, get my head down QUICK!"

The only part I find repetitive is Horde, but its still great fun and I play it fairly often. MP isn't played like you mention above...it is so fast and furious, you really need to learn to fire quickly and accurately, whilst wall-jumping, rolling and roadie running. Never mind trying to evade grenades/boomsticks, etc. People who sit and hide behind walls just do nothing. Mind you, that does kind of depend on what skill level you, and the other players are at, but even then, it is still fast-paced.

I <3 it. For long time life and playability, its the best replacement Ive found for BF2 The cover system makes it 100% /win
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Poseidon wrote:

Rofl.
I didn't 'hate it so much'. I said towards the end I got incredibly bored, and I did. At first I was like "Wow the first true next generation game. This is great!". But after about 2-3 hours it was seriously starting to drag and then by the end I was fed up. I kept playing because I wanted to see the ending, and was glad I did because the train bit was cool. That was a few years ago now.

And then Gears 2. Zavvi (a shop) was shutting down at the time and were selling gears for about £22 soon after it came out, so me and my flatmate went half and half and so we got it for very cheap. I didn't really have a lot of interest in it because of the first, but was happy about buying it because I wanted a co-op game since i'd not played one in a while. Plus of course I wanted to see what was new. We both enjoyed it more than the first for most of the way through but again, towards the end, I was completely fed up with it. But yeah I finished it because I enjoyed spending time with my flatmate and he wanted to finish it so I was hardly going to say no. Plus, again, I wanted to see the ending .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-08-10 12:15:30)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Rofl.
I didn't 'hate it so much'. I said towards the end I got incredibly bored, and I did. At first I was like "Wow the first true next generation game. This is great!". But after about 2-3 hours it was seriously starting to drag and then by the end I was fed up. I kept playing because I wanted to see the ending, and was glad I did because the train bit was cool. That was a few years ago now.

And then Gears 2. Zavvi (a shop) was shutting down at the time and were selling gears for about £22 soon after it came out, so me and my flatmate went half and half and so we got it for very cheap. I didn't really have a lot of interest in it because of the first, but was happy about buying it because I wanted a co-op game since i'd not played one in a while. Plus of course I wanted to see what was new. We both enjoyed it more than the first for most of the way through but again, towards the end, I was completely fed up with it. But yeah I finished it because I enjoyed spending time with my flatmate and he wanted to finish it so I was hardly going to say no. Plus, again, I wanted to see the ending .
So the game hooked you and you still bash it. Interesting.

Plenty of games have dragged on for me but I've still loved them. Dead Space being a pure example. The whole scavenger hunt thing got old pretty quickly but the game itself was still fun as hell.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

edlT wrote:

Block all images from his pb album lolz

sorry but low res images raping my screen are a no-no :S
And I care becuase?
because you posted them for people to look at?

lol@nerd shit bs. You are on a internet forum.
yeah but not everyone here is a nerd.
I posted the shots cos I found them funny, I dont care about the quality or any of that.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

bennisboy wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

And I care becuase?

I posted the shots cos I found them funny, I dont care about the quality or any of that.
We do...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

FloppY_ wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I do...
i thought they were quite amusing tbh
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

FloppY_ wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

We do...
Good for you.

Oh n cheers krazed
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Poseidon wrote:

So the game hooked you and you still bash it. Interesting.

Plenty of games have dragged on for me but I've still loved them. Dead Space being a pure example. The whole scavenger hunt thing got old pretty quickly but the game itself was still fun as hell.
Yes I bash it. It was an interesting premise but it was also a one trick pony. At first the hide, then shoot mechanic was very interesting and fresh because it had never been done before.

However it was the only game mechanic. You've been in one firefight you've been in every firefight. The same can be said about a lot of generic fps games but at least in them you're moving. It's boring. Very boring. I enjoyed the 2nd game during the parts I did mostly because I was appreciating the environments, not the game itself.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Middleeaster/MigIBil.jpg
Am not a big fan of racing games, but GRID is

Last edited by Beduin (2009-08-15 04:35:30)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Meh, the lack of support for gamepads annoyed me. I don't like racing games where you can't feather your steering. I had to use a joy2key program to even use my gamepad, and it was terrible. Throttle was either on or off, as were brakes. I played it until I think the third season then I uninstalled.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6382|Belgium
I still haven't beaten that final race, the 1 on 1 on Le Mans. The opponent always passes my in the final section of the track.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
shoot out his tires!

wait...nvm
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6613|England
Made me go reinstall EaW seeing this ^_^

until I couldnt find the disc
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

This...
https://interactive.usc.edu/members/tisoyama/PerfectDark-Battle.jpg

...and this
https://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/670/670581/perfect-dark-zero-20051123110200350_640w.jpg

Original is better, but Zero's graphics are better
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I love Perfect Dark. It was so ahead of it's time in terms of the singleplayer. Many things about it (like being able to ingure enemies who drop guns, pick up other's etc) are only recently being put back into modern games. Also I love the way it continued Goldeneye's way of increasing the difficulty. Not only does it do the normal increase damage taken etc, but adds new objectives with each difficulty which essentially makes it a brand new experience with every new difficulty level.

Also Laptop Gun <3

I can't wait for the 360 XBLA release so I can have a steady framerate.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-08-16 15:54:34)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
zero made me sad pants
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I deliberately stayed away from it. From previews it looked like a disgrace to the name, and I never wanted to experience it firsthand.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I deliberately stayed away from it. From previews it looked like a disgrace to the name, and I never wanted to experience it firsthand.
In all honesty, it is kind of a disgrace to the name. I play it because PD is my alltime favourite game, and I doubt it'll ever be beaten. In excess of 100k kills in Combat Simulator kinda proves that point Only thing I never got was rank #1...surprisingly

PDZ's storyline was fine, until they introduced mystical powers into a futuristic game...just didnt work, the voice acting and mission "briefings" were poor, and the game feels...slow. They also copied pretty much all of the gun-sounds from PD (you will notice them), as well as the player animations - they seem identical to the original. Mind you, it is what, 3-4 years old (?), but PD feels in better shape compared to it, bearing in mind it is 8-9 years old...
PD's choice of weapons was staggering...it must have crossed 40 or 50 different weapons, all with secondary functions. It was fucking /win !

I just want to complete Perfect Agent on PDZ now, hence why Im playing it. I picked it up at the start of the year for £10 and polished it off then...I don't care how bad a game is, for £10, you cannot go wrong If anyone has it, and wants to get some coop achievements for it with me, give me a shout

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I assume you mean the original PD...if that is true/confirmed...WAAHHOOO!!!
Although I kinda cba to complete the whole game again on Perfect, all the secret levels, trainings, timed cheats to unlock, challenges (30 challenges...1, 2, 3 & 4 players ), coop... That was a LOT of work
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England

Last edited by SamBo:D (2009-08-17 13:28:09)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Snake wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I assume you mean the original PD...if that is true/confirmed...WAAHHOOO!!!
Although I kinda cba to complete the whole game again on Perfect, all the secret levels, trainings, timed cheats to unlock, challenges (30 challenges...1, 2, 3 & 4 players ), coop... That was a LOT of work
http://kotaku.com/5280795/perfect-dark- … k-required

Rare's Nintendo 64 first-person shooter Perfect Dark is coming to Xbox Live Arcade later this year. Winter, says Microsoft. This is what it looks like.

In a word, Perfect Dark looks sharper, thanks to its high-definition upgrades and "sporting a silkier framerate than ever before." In hard numbers, that translates to 1080p resolution and 60 frames-per-second. The official Xbox.com product page also touts "All the original game features are included plus new Xbox LIVE ones."

First screens of the Xbox Live Arcade port of the 2000 classic await you in the gallery below.
https://kotaku.com/assets/images/gallery/9/2009/06/medium_3598897795_3bb40818cb_o.jpg
https://kotaku.com/assets/images/gallery/9/2009/06/medium_3598897907_634e65713a_o.jpg
https://kotaku.com/assets/images/gallery/9/2009/06/medium_3599706910_807185e5d5_o.jpg
Edit: Just for the sake of comparison, here's the one you posted
https://interactive.usc.edu/members/tisoyama/PerfectDark-Battle.jpg

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-08-17 17:22:36)

bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5956|Aus, Qld
https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/84954b0c086d832a0d77e4dc8f62d112dfe3aa69.png

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/cf22357c7f6caec3901085d40a90151ea0399fde.png
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
What the hell? How did you get so many people bunched up like that? Were they all in that pool and you closed it or something? Or is it just really nice chicken.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England
what game is it
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
It's Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard