Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6166|'straya
The bible says Homosexuals and people with poor eyesight should be killed. Do all Christians go around killings gays?.

Extremist sects (in all religions) will take some BS interpretation of religion and exploit it for their own purposes. it been happening for hundreds of years.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5628|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

The bible says Homosexuals and people with poor eyesight should be killed. Do all Christians go around killings gays?.

Extremist sects (in all religions) will take some BS interpretation of religion and exploit it for their own purposes. it been happening for hundreds of years.
I am familiar with the part about killing Homosexuals (I think), but I do not recall where the "people with poor eyesight should be killed" section is.

Please enlighten me.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6166|'straya

nickb64 wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I am familiar with the part about killing Homosexuals (I think), but I do not recall where the "people with poor eyesight should be killed" section is.

Please enlighten me.
sorry don't know exactly where it is... it was on a TV show but i can't be bothered re-watching the episode to find it lol
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6698|Disaster Free Zone

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

cba to read all 250 posts...

Has anyone pointed out that the article linked to in the OP does not mention any kind of 'molestation' at all - only a 'marriage'?
Yes on page 2.

Dilbert_X wrote:

I read it, no molestation, just marriage.
Lowing response.

lowing wrote:

1. Ummmm yeah marriage implies sex.
Which it doesn't, but that doesn't matter does it?

Also

Lowing wrote:

2. Also, like I said, geting married at 15 is not the same thing as marrying an 6 or 8 year old, for obvious reasons.
Why? It's not obvious to me, please explain. What makes getting married at 18 ok, but not ok at 17? Who came up with this arbitrary age requirement for marriage and more importantly what makes it right?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)

DrunkFace wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Has anyone pointed out that the article linked to in the OP does not mention any kind of 'molestation' at all - only a 'marriage'?
Yes on page 2.

Dilbert_X wrote:

K, thx.

DrunkFace wrote:

Lowing response.

lowing wrote:

In lowing-land it does.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5767|شمال

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

In lowing-land it does.
lolwing-land tbh
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6546|Global Command

DrunkFace wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Yes on page 2.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Lowing response.

lowing wrote:

Also

Lowing wrote:

2. Also, like I said, geting married at 15 is not the same thing as marrying an 6 or 8 year old, for obvious reasons.
Why? It's not obvious to me, please explain. What makes getting married at 18 ok, but not ok at 17? Who came up with this arbitrary age requirement for marriage and more importantly what makes it right?
6 or 8 is way different than 17 or 18.
Don't be thick.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

In Africa it's not very uncommon for older men to marry young girls and they are in most cases not Muslims either ...

What lowing fail or refuse to understand is the difference between marriage between an elder and a youngster and the part were they have sex, I'm pretty sure that nearly all of them awaits the sexpart until the girl/woman is ready to have children ...

Yes that is often way younger than what we westerners are used to but that is really more of a cultural difference and not so much a religious difference ...

You should really look around and see how Islam is practiced in different parts of the world lowing because the differences are huge ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

ATG wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Yes on page 2.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Lowing response.

lowing wrote:

Also

Lowing wrote:

Don't be thick.
Well to be honest, I wasn't even going to respond that idiocy, or those that supported it.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6307|Éire

nickb64 wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Please enlighten me.
You mean you don't know the Bible inside out, from cover to cover? You're letting the side down, lowing knows everything about the bible AND the Qua'ran and he's not even religious.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

nickb64 wrote:

Please enlighten me.
Abraham killing a son is okay. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is okay. The killing of first born Egyptians is okay. But hold on, there's a few blind who may be killed too!? Now I am outraged.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada
TBH how did this last 11 pages? We are debating about another cultures laws. We have no right to judge them, just bc it doesnt abide by our laws or morals, doesnt mean we are better. Islam is fucked up, i agree, but it still doesnt give us the right to judge them.

Are muslims marrying YOUR kids? Stoning YOUR women? no. so chill out and worry about problems that actually affect you.
Wreckognize
+294|6502
Isn't ethnocentrism a beautiful thing?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6698|Disaster Free Zone

ATG wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Lowing wrote:

Don't be thick.
My point isn't about the age it's about who came up with this arbitrary figure. There's a big difference between 18 and 40, so why is 18 acceptable to you? What makes you believe this arbitrary figure is right and who told you it was right or did you just 'know'? Do you think you might have a different perspective on things if you had been born in a different country?

Now I'll go on an unrelated tangent about a tribe in New Guinea to show what differing perspectives and cultures can do. In this tribe it is customary for the young boys (about 1 year old) to preform oral sex on their fathers as a way of getting nutrience the same as babies drinking their mothers milk, at the same time they are removed from their mothers until the age of about 10 when they become a 'man' and can marry. It is thought that if the boys drink their mothers milk (or have contact with them) it is sissy (for lack of a better word) and will corrupt the 'warrior' in them.

Now what makes you so sure that your values, morals and customs are correct? And what makes everyone else's wrong?

There is no 'correct' answer, there are no 'right' and 'wrong' when it comes to most customs just different perspectives.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

TBH how did this last 11 pages? We are debating about another cultures laws. We have no right to judge them, just bc it doesnt abide by our laws or morals, doesnt mean we are better. Islam is fucked up, i agree, but it still doesnt give us the right to judge them.

Are muslims marrying YOUR kids? Stoning YOUR women? no. so chill out and worry about problems that actually affect you.
What you say is true. THe problem comes into play with the ever increasing intrusion of this culture into western society, not to assimulate to the west but with the attitude and intention of accomodation and eventual replacement.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

What you say is true. THe problem comes into play with the ever increasing intrusion of this culture into western society, not to assimulate to the west but with the attitude and intention of accomodation and eventual replacement.
i agree yet a muslim living in the UK cant legally do this. he will still get jailed
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

i agree yet a muslim living in the UK cant legally do this. he will still get jailed
Shara Law is apparently already a part of the British legal system. Give it time.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Shara Law is apparently already a part of the British legal system. Give it time.
Sharia law courts in the UK have already been covered, and the sensationalist approach dismissed. I'll search around for the thread
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=92916

There ya go. Havn't re-read it, but im 99% certain it was proved to be mostly stupid reporting, and that yes they operate, but the overall judgement STILL must fall within UK law. We also have Jewish and Sikh courts iirc
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Sharia law courts in the UK have already been covered, and the sensationalist approach dismissed. I'll search around for the thread
I agree, it has been covered, and it has been dismissed, we call it appeasement, or your head in the sand. Take your pick
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

I agree, it has been covered, and it has been dismissed, we call it appeasement, or your head in the sand. Take your pick
It's not appeasment if the facility already exists for other faiths to do the same thing, if anything it would be discrimination.

I will concede the UK does appear to love appeasement atm, though this is hardly contained to Islamic issues, and definatly not contained to the UK.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

It's not appeasment if the facility already exists for other faiths to do the same thing, if anything it would be discrimination.

I will concede the UK does appear to love appeasement atm, though this is hardly contained to Islamic issues, and definatly not contained to the UK.
Perhaps, it is just that, some appeasement, is a little more dangerous and harmful, than other forms of appeasement
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

destruktion_6143 wrote:

That's my point though. Islam in itself isn't fucked up. It will moderate as the countries modernise, become more moderate and in general move away from the eye for an eye tit for tat you impugned upon my honour bullshit.

The problem is a cultural one that Islam has been tacked onto, this kind of shit didn't start with Islam and it isn't restricted to it.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Flecco wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

That's my point though. Islam in itself isn't fucked up. It will moderate as the countries modernise, become more moderate and in general move away from the eye for an eye tit for tat you impugned upon my honour bullshit.

The problem is a cultural one that Islam has been tacked onto, this kind of shit didn't start with Islam and it isn't restricted to it.
You may be right, however, Islam without a doubt, is the ball carrier for such behavior in the here and now. It must be, since when ever some wants to turn the tables and point at Christianity as a problem too, they gotta go back to the fuckin' crusades to make a point. Islam, shit, all ya need is todays paper.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

lowing wrote:

Flecco wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

You may be right, however, Islam without a doubt, is the ball carrier for such behavior in the here and now. It must be, since when ever some wants to turn the tables and point at Christianity as a problem too, they gotta go back to the fuckin' crusades to make a point. Islam, shit, all ya need is todays paper.
Already recommended you a book which has some theories on why things are like this. Has a lot more to do with socioeconomic factors and cultural development outside the sphere of religion. Outside, but not unrelated.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard