PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma

steelie34 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

and don't give me some shit about technical stats, because the only thing that makes any real difference in a dogfight is the pilot, not the plane.
Which implies that they're basing their assumptions on technical specifications. Sounds reasonable to me.
yeah but they are probably wrong.  just because something "should" be able to do something, doesn't mean it will.  i think they should make all the planes about equal, to level the playing field.  too many people think they are awsm because of that j10.
Any thought to maybe its a superior dog-fighter IN GAME because they made it, and nothing to do with the real world?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Good find - that does look very promising.
Im surprised at the hit-detection being including, considering the wait we have had, if that works: it will be worth it.

PlayazOnly wrote:

What does that mean?Speedexploit with Parachute and Car/APC?
If someone stands in front of the plane because they didnt get it then the plane takes off and kills the guy on the runway the player will not be able to punish the pilot and the pilot will not lose any points.
This only works for the plane and only while it is doing its take off from the runway. So if you run over someone with a jeep on the runway you'll lose points and can be punished. You can't fly low and TK someone on the runway either.
Now THAT is impressive - I didnt think they would/could ever fix that. If that also includes the provision of C4/nades/AT/M95 shots, then I will be seriously impressed.

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

It's supposed to be a inf based PLA map. http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/page.php?do=dicevisit
Thanks for the link. I remember reading that but it's been a while so I forgot about it. It looks a bit bland, but if it plays well, I don't mind.
Then we can hit up some BF2 again ole buddy
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

Snake wrote:

Im surprised at the hit-detection being including, considering the wait we have had, if that works: it will be worth it.
It is fixable, I just wonder if DICE can fix it as good as Myke
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Sydney wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

As no one is reading the sticky I'm giving this its own thread.

- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
The fuck? AA is PERFECT as it is, Air to air missiles actually require skill and timing to hit (except against F35 or Mig29) and ground based AA missiles have 100% accuracy if you don't deploy flares...

I'm suspecting this little fix might ruin everything.
Its probably referring to when you have a lock, but your missiles suddenly fly off at right angles in the opposite direction.
TehMyke
D:
+343|6679

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I just wonder if DICE can fix it as good as Myke
shhhhhh
Laika
+75|5914
The AA fix is bullshit. AA doesn't need fixing, flares do.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6119|San Antonio, Texas
May I do a dance of joy? April 09 hopeful date. If not, May it is. This summer's BF2 might be different. :p
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

"AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective."

i may have to reinstall just to see the babies cry
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Snake wrote:

That's like comparing sugar pills to aspirin to fix a headache.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon

PrivateVendetta wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Which implies that they're basing their assumptions on technical specifications. Sounds reasonable to me.
yeah but they are probably wrong.  just because something "should" be able to do something, doesn't mean it will.  i think they should make all the planes about equal, to level the playing field.  too many people think they are awsm because of that j10.
Any thought to maybe its a superior dog-fighter IN GAME because they made it, and nothing to do with the real world?
i just think it throws off the game balance.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

-Jets are fine
-AA is perfect and requires a semblance of skill (too many nubs whine and complain since they can't just *click*click*click* on the mouse and expect to get kills)
-Who wants to bet that the "fix" for runway grieving will somehow fuck a bunch of shit up and soon enough people will find a way around this and the problem will be worse than before?
-Cheating fixes? Ok, cool
-Better hit detection? Oh sweet Jesus they better get this fucking right. I'm so sick of knifing people or shooting people in the head only to have a puff of powder show up and then the enemy turns around and takes me out.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

mtb0minime wrote:

-Cheating fixes? Ok, cool
-Better hit detection? Oh sweet Jesus they better get this fucking right. I'm so sick of knifing people or shooting people in the head only to have a puff of powder show up and then the enemy turns around and takes me out.
And hacking prevention fixes. They're good too.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

mtb0minime wrote:

too many nubs whine and complain since they can't just *click*click*click* on the mouse and expect to get kills
one can say the same for teh jet noobs.  fuck you dont even have to land to rearm.  gayness.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5565|Dublin, Ireland

12/f/taiwan wrote:

- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD_98FqHcgU
They listened to the spanners with an IQ of -1.

Apparently, jets & helis dominate maps and can't be stopped, even with the help of numerous AA sites, amazing powerful beasts on the carrier (USS Essex) and numerous other ways to take down such vehicles.

E: I'll be happy if they make the reg any better than it is now.

E: They will fuck up the game more than it is... This game has gradually got worse after every patch, I don't see why it will start to get any better.

Last edited by Oisín | Irishpride (2009-04-08 13:11:05)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

DeathUnlimited wrote:

- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
If only that will work properly, I'm going to cream my pants.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

Fat_Swinub wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Snake wrote:

That's like comparing sugar pills to aspirin to fix a headache.
Well I know I have had 100% reg on a random pub server with 160 ping. I doubt they can do much better.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-04-08 13:24:07)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
E: They will fuck up the game more than it is... This game has gradually got worse after every patch, I don't see why it will start to get any better.

thats a good point lol they need to revert back to when blackhawk was awesome when u were able to kill anyone with the chain gun
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard

blademaster wrote:

thats a good point lol they need to revert back to when blackhawk was awesome when u were able to kill anyone with the chain gun
Or you could drop like 5 claymores
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6622|The Netherlands
hitreg would be nice
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6211|Man Diego

usmarine wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

too many nubs whine and complain since they can't just *click*click*click* on the mouse and expect to get kills
one can say the same for teh jet noobs.  fuck you dont even have to land to rearm.  gayness.
The same could be said about rearming the AA missiles from an ammo pack?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Ataronchronon wrote:

The AA fix is bullshit. AA doesn't need fixing, flares do.
Static needs fixing vs jets. Mobile AA is perfect as it is - sometimes, it can be too dominant.

Thinking about it, Im worried about this "AA fix" for the AF jets...Ive a feeling they are going to get raped hard. The only tweak Id like to see, is the addition of mobile AA to both Dalian and Oman.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Snake wrote:

the addition of mobile AA to both Dalian and Oman.
Why these didn't have it from the start we'll never know.

Also on Wake but you don't play Wake.
JAyThaRevo
+31|6257|Austria
rofl stop whining about the aa

for me the patch sounds promising
lets see
Laika
+75|5914
Between fixing the hitboxes and making AA better, I have a feeling this patch is going to force us chopper whores to adapt. On the other hand, TVing J10s might become easier.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas
Can I get my PKM sniper rifle back? Or my blackhawk ownage gun?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard