America's Army13%13% - 10
Red Orchestra5%5% - 4
Swat 46%6% - 5
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon/Splinter Cell8%8% - 6
Total: 72
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6007|Vortex Ring State
Go ahead and debate it. I want to watch.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6277
I voted PR.

I would have voted Rainbox Six, if it wasn't for the fact that in recent years they've gone from realistic tactical shooting to Xbox arcade games. I loved Raven Shield back in the day
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
Tf2.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6415|Somersetshire
Splinter cell is 3rd person
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

Poseidon wrote:

Tf2.
The poll is for most boring, I mean realistic, not least.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6443
No operation flashpoint poll is worthless.
Trotskygrad
бля

Fat_Swinub wrote:

No operation flashpoint poll is worthless.
Armed Assault = MP OFP
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Tf2.
The poll is for most boring, I mean realistic, not least.
Congrats, DSL, you missed the joke!

In srs, I'd probably say PR. If you like walking.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast
OFP
and when DR comes out itll kick PR up the ass

Last edited by henno13 (2009-04-04 13:22:54)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6527|Adelaide, South Australia

RO, RO, RO your boat...
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5944
I've only played Armed Assault and Project Reality from that list.

Oh the two ArmA has awesome graphics, just wonderful, and PR is pretty arcady but realistic and fun nontheless. 

The damage system in ArmA is better, but the screen effects of suppression and those thinga are better for PR.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

henno13 wrote:

Opf

Operation Pointflash?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
henno13
+230|6356|Belfast

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Opf

Operation Pointflash?
oh /facepalm

Last edited by henno13 (2009-04-04 13:22:27)

Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5944

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Opf

Operation Pointflash?
From the damage system on one of the videos there seems to be a damage direction indicator from COD4 meaning it would be somewhat arcady because he didn't even twitch yet he got hit by a bullet. Or WTF?
firebolt5
+114|6163
Project Reality
henno13
+230|6356|Belfast

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Opf

Operation Pointflash?
From the damage system on one of the videos there seems to be a damage direction indicator from COD4 meaning it would be somewhat arcady because he didn't even twitch yet he got hit by a bullet. Or WTF?
in DR the devs say that you can die in one shot, a shot to the arm restricts aiming and a shot to the leg restricts movement.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6714|67.222.138.85
You are comparing games you play with a fucking keyboard and mouse to real life.
Trotskygrad
бля

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Opf

Operation Pointflash?
I think damage direction indicators are fairly realistic (if they have only 4 directions) due to the fact that if you get shot, you probably can feel from what direction. I've never been shot with a bullet before, so I am not speaking from experience.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
The only one on the list where I didn't come close to dying of bordom was INS, so I put that.

Odd, in INS all the combat is at close or mid range, and also the maps are small and can be walked across in a reasonable amount of time.

hmmmmm
Trotskygrad
бля

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You are comparing games you play with a fucking keyboard and mouse to real life.
WTF? I'm not saying that these are realistic... I'm asking which is the MOST realistic. It's like asking which car model looks the closest to the real thing.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6714|67.222.138.85

fermatx wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

WTF? I'm not saying that these are realistic... I'm asking which is the MOST realistic. It's like asking which car model looks the closest to the real thing.
It's like asking which piece of wax fruit tastes the most like the real thing.
Trotskygrad
бля

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

fermatx wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It's like asking which piece of wax fruit tastes the most like the real thing.
Exactly. Except that these wax apples everyone bites. And the real apple is rotten, moldy and covered in shit.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5761|Roma
Armed Assault = Gets close, but needs more polish.
    Insurgency Mod = its fun, its pretty realistic in weapons and stuff but not the whole package
    Project Reality = Even though i love that mod more than anything else, the bf2 engine shows its weakness when playing PR. Its to limited. Plus its a running simulator
    America's Army = No No No No No                           no.
    Red Orchestra = Well, its realistic weapon wise and damage i guess but the whole doesn't feel realistic.
    Swat 4 = Well, no.
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon/Splinter Cell = No.

Armed Assault is the only that gets close but i do not find none of these really "Realistic".
You cannot capture the real fear of war in a game, unless the game actually kills you whenever you get shot and die in game.
Actually, I think Pr is the closest to reality among the above games.
The feel and mood you get playing the game, whether as a sniper or the pilot of a BH or the driver of an APC. The mood you get into with the VOip communicating with your team mates, squad leader and commander.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2009-04-04 14:08:18)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
Has to be Red Orchestra for me. PR, well.....no, not at all. And the thing is, with PR, they realised they couldn't make a realistic game using the BF2 engine so instead they just focused on doing lots of other stuff. When you look at the mod, the "realism" aspect is indeed a very small part of the mod. I'd say these days, you could call PR a BF2 mod which just expands BF2, rather than am actual BF2 realism mod.

They care more about adding new content/maps and getting the British Army into the game, as they had to pretty much give up on actually trying to make BF2 a better/more realistic game as they were so limited, what they managed to pull off with what they had, was good, though

RO feels realistic although it can at times feel......clunky

Then again what do I know about the realism of war
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5761|Roma

Mekstizzle wrote:

Has to be Red Orchestra for me. PR, well.....no, not at all. And the thing is, with PR, they realised they couldn't make a realistic game using the BF2 engine so instead they just focused on doing lots of other stuff. When you look at the mod, the "realism" aspect is indeed a very small part of the mod. I'd say these days, you could call PR a BF2 mod which just expands BF2, rather than am actual BF2 realism mod.

They care more about adding new content/maps and getting the British Army into the game, as they had to pretty much give up on actually trying to make BF2 a better/more realistic game as they were so limited, what they managed to pull off with what they had, was good, though

RO feels realistic although it can at times feel......clunky

Then again what do I know about the realism of war
true the game feels very limited in every way, but it does capture that team work very well.
something that you don't see much in games.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard