ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Do you have one?

That empty space in your heart that nothing can fill.

What comfort does the atheist offer?
What knowledge we agnostics can purvey?

These questions annoy me.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

ATG wrote:

That the truth shall set you free.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
The comfort that any illusion of meaning to be gleaned from existence is defined by no one but yourself. Standards are your own to set, to live and die by. So long as you do not cheat yourself, you cannot be wrong.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The comfort that any illusion of meaning to be gleaned from existence is defined by no one but yourself. Standards are your own to set, to live and die by. So long as you do not cheat yourself, you cannot be wrong.
What he said.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Beautiful and insightful post.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

This.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

ATG wrote:

ya i help animals..and people also and i dont need a book or building to tell me its right or wrong...or to do it.
ATG
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

So, if your inner voice says: " smash that babies skull in ", and you resist because of some inne moral voice you cheat yourself?

your suggested theme song.

wah1188 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Beautiful and insightful post.
I bet he would also suggest that mankind is on top of the chain.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Certainly not. Even if I did think that way and acknowledged it, it would easily give fodder to the "religion is a crutch for the weak crowd", which it shouldn't be.
Flaming_Maniac

ATG wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

So, if your inner voice says: " smash that babies skull in ", and you resist because of some inne moral voice you cheat yourself?
Precisely.
ATG
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ATG wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Precisely.
troll idiot..goddamnit...

you can't be serious.

please tell me you are not serious.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5595|Vacationland
Um why do you need a being or a book to tell you what to do if you have your good friends logic and reason to guide you through life
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Well you could justify smashing a babies skull in. Somehow.

Seriously, there has to be some circumstance where it would be acceptable.

Last edited by Macbeth (2009-04-02 20:51:45)

Flaming_Maniac

ATG wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ATG wrote:

Precisely.

you can't be serious.

Letting anyone corrupt your moral standards into believing anything less is the only path to self-destruction. Be it God, the church, the education system, or society as a whole.

You tried to turn it upside down by using an obscene example you thought I couldn't say yes to, an example that would never come to pass in a rational person where generations of both reason and internal instincts preempt any such notions from entering the head. The answer is still the same however. If that is what you believe, that is exactly what you should do, just as every person who believes you are a threat to themselves and to mankind as a whole should put an axe in your head.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

Narupug wrote:

Um why do you need a being or a book to tell you what to do if you have your good friends logic and reason to guide you through life
That same reasoning didn't work out that well for the Manson family...

Of course, your total lack of punctuation leaves interpretation of your statement somewhat open. I'm assuming you meant "your good friends' logic and reason to" and not "your good friends, logic and reason to".
chittydog
less busy

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ATG wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Precisely.

you can't be serious.

Letting anyone corrupt your moral standards into believing anything less is the only path to self-destruction. Be it God, the church, the education system, or society as a whole.

You tried to turn it upside down by using an obscene example you thought I couldn't say yes to, an example that would never come to pass in a rational person where generations of both reason and internal instincts preempt any such notions from entering the head. The answer is still the same however. If that is what you believe, that is exactly what you should do, just as every person who believes you are a threat to themselves and to mankind as a whole should put an axe in your head.
Just like some points of religion, this rational doesn't work in the real world. It assumes everyone is psychologically stable as well as intellectually sound and that there is some common system of morality. There's a book called Conversations With God that echos your sentiments. If you haven't already read it, you'd probably find it interesting.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5595|Vacationland

chittydog wrote:

Narupug wrote:

Of course, your total lack of punctuation leaves interpretation of your statement somewhat open. I'm assuming you meant "your good friends' logic and reason to" and not "your good friends, logic and reason to".
I'm sorry I should have punctuated better so that people like you can't come around and twist the meaning, just so you know I meant "your good friends, logic and reason, to guide you through life."
Flaming_Maniac

chittydog wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ATG wrote:

you can't be serious.

Just like some points of religion, this rational doesn't work in the real world. It assumes everyone is psychologically stable as well as intellectually sound and that there is some common system of morality. There's a book called Conversations With God that echos your sentiments. If you haven't already read it, you'd probably find it interesting.
It assumes the psychologically stable and intellectually sound reign supreme. Without that basic premise, all else is moot - we're fucked anyways.
chittydog
less busy

Narupug wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Narupug wrote:

I'm sorry I should have punctuated better so that people like you can't come around and twist the meaning, just so you know I meant "your good friends, logic and reason, to guide you through life."
Don't be a fool, stay in school.
chittydog
less busy

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It assumes the psychologically stable and intellectually sound reign supreme. Without that basic premise, all else is moot - we're fucked anyways.
Looking at some of the world leaders today, I think we're fucked.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6524|South Florida

ATG wrote:

Do you have one?

What knowledge we agnostics can purvey?

These questions trouble me.
Believe me sir, the atheist offers no comfort.
Comfort is the sole reason one goes to god.
I will not speak for everyone, but i feel the atheist offers a feeling of pride and freedom. It turns morality into a choice, and those whom choose to keep morality even while not at smite-point, are the people i want to see advance in society.

Agnostics are not the speakers of knowledge, they are those who decide not to choose.

ATG, the unknown is scary. Un-answerable questions cause such frustration, i know. But when you look at the big picture, the imprint you've left on man-kind, the children you have made, the people you have helped.
15 more years! 15 more years!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

this game is stupid.

if god doesnt stop someone from putting a baby in the microwave.....or explain why he/she/it let it happen.  then you are a fucking idiot for worshiping said thing.

and that god has a plan BS is not applicable.  if he wanted the baby dead, he doesnt need a microwave for a painful death right?

fuck i hate religion.

Last edited by usmarine (2009-04-02 21:06:26)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6524|South Florida

usmarine wrote:

this game is stupid.

if god doesnt stop someone from putting a baby in the microwave.....or explain why he/she/it let it happen.  then you are a fucking idiot for worshiping said thing.

and that god has a plan BS is not applicable.  if he wanted the baby dead, he doesnt need a microwave for a painful death right?

fuck i hate religion.
Truth.
All logic points towards no supreme being.

I could unload but really, i dont think its appropriate
15 more years! 15 more years!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
In this day and age, it doesn't matter if you believe in God or not. You can still be a good Christian/other religious denomination regardless of if you propose the idea of the deity or don't---it's just not an important part, but the lessons of Jesus and such are.

Think about it, how many "religious" arguments are just stupid-ass "God v. no god" things?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Logic, reason, morals all so stupid and pointless. If it feels good do it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard