BF2s' little helper
+209|6766|Denmark
My comp has five bullet holes 5.56 caliber. Same as eg. the M16

https://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3125/p10000685qg.jpg

Well... well... yea, I was bored
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6690|England and damn proud
mine was i bougt a new pc for 2000 gbp i lifted the box up the stairs then on the last step the box fell apart, the monitor was in 2 peices and and the tower fell down and hit every single step on the way down, lets just say it didnt work after that;) but at least i was able to use the mouse and key board:D
beerface702
+65|6701|las vegas
once liek 5 years ago

a cup of water was on a desk i was foolish and removing hardware while the case lay on it's side on teh floor

cat jumped on desk water spilt into PSU first, and mobo

PSU capacitor hold energyeven un plugged, poof wise man said

since ive learned drain those pesky psu's
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
smashed my 300usd 17inch dell monitor... and i got a samsung 19" after that so kinda good i guess
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6512
i pooped in my case of my comp and than about a week later i ended up selling it at a garage sale.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6567|The real world
give it a major kick when it decided to overheat again during a game of bf2, every day
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

ran out of liquid coolant for my cooler, so i used Log Cabin Maple Syrup for coolant... dear god the stickyness
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6683|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
Almost fried the processer due to a bad heatsink and fan which I replaced. My poor baby was dying *pets computer*

heh
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

stryyker wrote:

ran out of liquid coolant for my cooler, so i used Log Cabin Maple Syrup for coolant... dear god the stickyness
now that really sucks, why didnt u just add water...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
Punched it in it's fat face got him down and fucking kicked the shit out of it.
It was there crying as i squeezed it's small balls.

I HATE MY COMPUTER!!!

Last edited by jord (2006-07-16 02:04:29)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6663|Brisbane, Australia

I installed neonapster without reading the fine print

Yayz! Bargin Buddy is my friend nowzzz!!!

God, all you peoples problems are physical, what about the shitty things you installed
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
I unstalled Norton once

*shudder*
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6784|UK
Got a load of magnets and stuck them on the side then when I needed to clean it I opened up the side of the case and poured a bucket of hot soapy water in there. Then I proceeded to use the DVD drive as a cupholder before riding it down the stairs.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6708
I electrocuted an old, old video card while trying to install water cooling. I took it back to fry's and told them it was 'defective'
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6737|Louisiana

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

MarianCieslar wrote:

I have 3.06Ghz, 1024MB RAM, GeForceA6600GT TDH and i must play BF2 on low details and 800x600!!!!
I do not know why???I think i have good PC.Help me
O.o

Wow... I have a 2.0GHz(Athlon 64 3200+) Proc, 2 gigs of ram, and a 6600GT and I play BF2 on high. and I mean.. EVERYTHING on high.
That Athlon 64 helps a lot. I have the same video card as you, but with 1.5 gigs of RAM and a 2700+, and I get about 30 fps at 1024x768 with everything on low, except textures at medium.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
Me, AMD 4400+ with dual core cpu and nvidia 7800 GTX  SLI and 2 gigs.
It's too valuable. I'd no sooner work on that as adjust the timing in a Ferrari.
Hire a pro, you'll sleep better.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6575|NYC / Hamburg

installing ATI drivers for a nVidida card. not good. had to reinstall something.

and from a verly long time ago: wondered why the PSU fan didnt spin. Took a scrw driver and gave it a proper turn to free it up. must have pushed it in too far be because i was suddenly sitting in a dark room and my pc was smoking.

also i once killed the elecricity supply of a couple of villages when i was sailing in denmark. accedentally touched the grounding wire (the yellow-green ine) to the "life" one. not fun
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Aardcore
+60|6721|USA, Arizona
For my dad, it was vacuuming the inside of the tower... the uh... static charge it created through the suction/friction shot everything to shit.

For me, it was using a magnetic tipped screwdriver to put a computer together. WORST. MISTAKE. EVER!
]GoD[JiN
+4|6568
once was replacing/upgrading my CPU cooling fan on what was at the time my brand new 3200 64AMD costing over £300 (when they first came out ) i removed the CPU to clean the heat paste off it and dropped it bending all the pins on the back ......fooked it was wen too get another CPU and the guys in the shop laughed o.O.......didnt end there .......upon replacing the new CPU with my oob3r l33t newer then new one, like 45 mins old in a bit of a mood with my self i got paste on the pins on the back and popped it back in blowing the mother board o.O thinking the CPU mite be ok .........i tryed to clean the CPU pins with alcohol ......well almost alcohol could find any so i used meh wife's nail polish remover ,,,,,,,,,witch isn't the same at all fooked that CPU too

price of a new fan cooler £20

price of 2 new 3200 64AMD CPUs £600

price of a new mother board £100

price of cotton wool and nail Polish remover £6

blowing up almost 1k,s worth of comp in under 2 hrs

priceless ! o.O

Last edited by ]GoD[JiN (2006-07-16 16:24:03)

InnerMonkey
+62|6726
The only stupid thing I've done is I once installed a copper shim on an Athlon in the wrong orientation and I shorted and fried the cpu.  No biggee as it was old, but somewhat embarrassing for an 'old hat'.

I've used gunfire to retire multiple PC stuffs, mostly monitors.  12 guage shotguns and a .45 semi auto make nice holes!  A suprising thing to discover was the toughness of an IDE drive.  High powered rifles took care of those though.

I've thrown a few smaller parts in the furnace at work (coal-fire power generation facility).  Not eco-friendly in the slightest, but a laptop goes up in a puff of smoke almost instantly.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6851|Reykjavík, Iceland.
My old PSU literally blew up, just a big BANG and lots of smoke.

I almost cried!
InnerMonkey
+62|6726

Aardcore wrote:

For my dad, it was vacuuming the inside of the tower... the uh... static charge it created through the suction/friction shot everything to shit.

For me, it was using a magnetic tipped screwdriver to put a computer together. WORST. MISTAKE. EVER!
I've seen the vacuum thing happen first hand, but would guess that the screwdriver thing wasn't your problem.  The magnet isn't strong enough to damage anything magnetically (that I'm aware of).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard