Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida
1. Guns are the best tools for protection, and for crime.
2. As said in number 1, guns are good for crime. Criminals commit crimes.
3. Criminals commit crimes by breaking the law. That is why they are criminals. So, a law that bans guns will not be followed by said criminal.
4. Now, criminal has a gun, and he is going to commit a crime because he knows innocent people do not have guns.
5. Innocent person gets raped, shot, robbed, and has no tool more powerful or effeciant than the gun the criminal has.

Thus crime is easier for the criminal.

However, if the criminal knew there was a chance he could get shot back, the criminal would not be so inclined to rob you.

It's a god damn proven fact that gun laws do not stop the use of guns by criminals.

And finally, guns were protected by the 2nd amendment for one main reason.

Protection against an over powering government.

Whats happening in the world?

Gun laws are getting more restrictive.
Government is becoming more controlling every single day.
15 more years! 15 more years!
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6509

Mitch wrote:

Criminals commit crimes.
3. Criminals commit crimes by breaking the law. That is why they are criminals.
thanks Mitch
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
moved
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

So you make a statement about government controlling guns. Now what.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

And some of you labeled me a troll

I don't think you know any serious criminals Mitch. If you have a gun or not most of them don't really give a fuck and will still try something anyway or just kill you before you have the chance to.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

Gooners wrote:

So you make a statement about government controlling guns. Now what.
Im displaying two ideas here.

1. Gun control just doesnt work, yet people still believe it does.
2. Government doesnt want you to have guns, because they dont want an armed resistance in the event of a civil war.

Macbeth wrote:

I don't think you know any serious criminals Mitch. If you have a gun or not most of them don't really give a fuck and will still try something anyway or just kill you before you have the chance to.
I agree, some criminals are completely insane. Would you feel better facing them with a gun or without a gun?

Theres an old saying, "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy"

Last edited by Mitch (2009-03-31 18:20:17)

15 more years! 15 more years!
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6200

Mitch wrote:

3. Criminals commit crimes by breaking the law. That is why they are criminals.
I agree.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Mitch wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I agree, some criminals are completely insane. Would you feel better facing them with a gun or without a gun?

I don't need to worry I can't be killed of a woman born.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5545|Toronto
...how do you figure people are less likely to commit crimes if there are more guns held by law abiding citizens?

Last I checked Canada's crime rates were a hell of a lot lower than all comparable cities in the United States. Care to explain?

Fairly reliable source on most nations stats:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m … h-firearms

Stats for 3 major Canadian cities:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s … hub=Canada

US government source:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa030500c.htm

(BTW the conclusion drawn in the last section of the US gov. source is seems off. It specifically says the stats given by Canada are per 100,000 people, making all statistics comparable to those given by the US. The size of the countries should mean nothing when compared as such. What am I missing?)

Mitch, stop making D&ST threads that should hinge on statistics without posting any sources.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

bahaha +1
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

Macbeth wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Cesarean sections have been on the rise man...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Fuck, well then I'll just have to cut down the forest around where ever I live then.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Fuck, well then I'll just have to cut down the forest around where ever I live then.
I still don't understand how they didn't notice that the trees were fucking moving.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I still don't understand how they didn't notice that the trees were fucking moving.
IIRC they did. What I wonder though what Malcom, Macduff and everyone else thought that nobody would notice walking trees and bushes.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
All I know is it worked. Man I love that play. Our teacher indoctrinated it into us, we studied it for an entire semester... he made us 'own the text.'
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

All I know is it worked. Man I love that play. Our teacher indoctrinated it into us, we studied it for an entire semester... he made us 'own the text.'
If you are not being sarcastic I want to hug you.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver

Pochsy wrote:

...how do you figure people are less likely to commit crimes if there are more guns held by law abiding citizens?

Last I checked Canada's crime rates were a hell of a lot lower than all comparable cities in the United States. Care to explain?

Fairly reliable source on most nations stats:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m … h-firearms

Stats for 3 major Canadian cities:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s … hub=Canada

US government source:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa030500c.htm

(BTW the conclusion drawn in the last section of the US gov. source is seems off. It specifically says the stats given by Canada are per 100,000 people, making all statistics comparable to those given by the US. The size of the countries should mean nothing when compared as such. What am I missing?)

Mitch, stop making D&ST threads that should hinge on statistics without posting any sources.
Your Canadian comparison is faulty on teh basis that Canada doesnt have comparative population dense areas with an extremely high poverty level.  These area's are dense with crime and violent ones especially.   Due to this fact the numbers will always be smaller for Canada.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5613|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
Study by John Lott/David Mustard of University of Chicago(1997 Journal of Legal Studies) studied impact of Right to Carry Concealed Handgun Laws on Crime rate between 1977 and 1992: Reduced murder 8.5%, reduced rape 5%, and reduced severe assaults 7%. During that time, if right to carry had been common in US, there would have been 1,600 less murders, 4,200 less rapes, and 60,000 less severe assaults.

Vermont 1980(most freedom to carry concealed weapons): murder rate: 22% of National Avg., robbery rate: 15% of National Avg.

Trained Concealed Carry Permit Holders shoot innocents in error 1/3 as many times as Police annually.

Effect of "Shall Issue" Concealed Handgun laws in US: multi-victim public shootings down 84%, death in said shootings down 90%, injury in said shootings down 82%

Dade County, Florida created a tracking system to track the frequency of crimes committed by their 21,000 Concealed Weapon Permit Holders in 1987, between then and 1992, 4 crimes were committed by permit holders, none involving injuries, no innocents were harmed by a permit holder. The program was abandoned in 1992 because there were too few crimes to render it useful. The entire state of Florida recorded a total of 18 crimes by permit holders between 1987 and 1994. As of 1998, there was one incident when a permit holder shot someone after a traffic accident, but the shooter was determined to be acting is self defense. As of 1998, no permit holder had shot a police officer, while there were several cases of permit holders saving the life of an officer.

The Supreme Court and various lower courts have held that "police are not obligated to protect individuals from crime".

I can email all sources to anyone who wishes to dispute this information. (I am doing a research paper on the topic of Gun Control)
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I... I... I agree. I agree with Mitch.
BVC
+325|6697

nickb64 wrote:

Dade County, Florida created a tracking system to track the frequency of crimes committed by their 21,000 Concealed Weapon Permit Holders in 1987, between then and 1992, 4 crimes were committed by permit holders, none involving injuries, no innocents were harmed by a permit holder. The program was abandoned in 1992 because there were too few crimes to render it useful. The entire state of Florida recorded a total of 18 crimes by permit holders between 1987 and 1994. As of 1998, there was one incident when a permit holder shot someone after a traffic accident, but the shooter was determined to be acting is self defense. As of 1998, no permit holder had shot a police officer, while there were several cases of permit holders saving the life of an officer.
Wow, thats some compelling info.  The fact that the tracking programme was abandoned due to lack of crimes says it all.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
guns are scary.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6391
Criminals will do what they do. Everyone has the right to defend themselves and firearms are the best tool.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
west-phoenix-az
+632|6391

Pochsy wrote:

This thread was moved from EE.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

moved

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2009-03-31 21:19:36)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
A Bobby in the U.K. says, "Stop or I'll say stop again."

A L.A. Police Officer shoots first and then says, "Stop or I'll fire."

If I were a criminal I think I would worry more about pilfering someone's home in the United States vs. U.K..
west-phoenix-az
+632|6391

Harmor wrote:

If I were a criminal I think I would worry more about pilfering someone's home in the United States vs. U.K..
Especially when the state law allows deadly force without retreat if in your home.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard