Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Versus Mode Changes

* Tank melee attack can now hit multiple Survivors in one swing
    * Fixed Tank punch being able to hit targets behind walls
    * Fixes to 'Tank parking'. The Tank will now run back and attack the Survivors if he becomes AI due to two players expiring the frustration meter
    * Fixed a case where a Tank frustration meter could run out right as he was in his death animation and he would come back to life
    * Fixed a case where the Tank was moving too slowly while crouching and being shot
    * Tanks now have the possibility of spawning in a slightly different position for the first and second teams
    * The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first
    * The Smoker tongue can now target and grab victims through common infected
    * Increased the cone in which a Smoker can grab a target
    * The Witch no longer cuts Smoker tongues in a radius around her
    * Boomers that explode in mid-air will now hit Survivors directly below them with Bile
    * Reduced the damage that burning Hunters do to pounced victims
    * Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to avoid 5 seconds of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.
    * Fixed some cases where versus score was not being recalculated properly. It is no longer beneficial to pass pills between players at the end of the round or heal other players and then shoot them
    * Fixed a case where it was possible to spectate an AI infected and hit +use to take them over

Server Changes

* Added convar sv_gametype that allows server operators to limit the types of games that will start on their server. Default value is 'coop,versus'. Can be changed to just 'coop' or just 'versus' to limit to those game types

General changes

* Fixed a case where players would join as a dead Survivor when a living Survivor was still available
    * Fixed a case where restarting a level due to the team dying would give more than the max primary ammo on restart
    * Fixed the speaking icon showing up on the local player during level transition if voice_vox was set to 1
    * The scoreboard now shows the numeric value of a player's ping

GameUI

* Quick match will now try to match to any campaign. Removed the preference to match to games according to the player progressing through all campaigns
    * Games in a finale are now joinable via the Friends and Steam Group games list
It's all.. so... good...

The game isn't horribly broken anymore judging by those patch notes. Smoker fix, Tank buff (closet camping nerf! ), general UI and VS fixes all around. Great stuff.

(RIP Fire Hunter but oh well)
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6479

I'd just like to know the new fire hunter damage.

Lets hope they actually fixed the smoker target shit this time.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6445
* The scoreboard now shows the numeric value of a player's ping

Literally the only good fix they've ever done.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280

NooBesT wrote:

Lets hope they actually fixed the smoker target shit this time.
The Smoker works . Just had a game of 1-5 No Mercy, and I only missed a smoker grab once.

Excellent update.

Also the Steam Forums say that Fire Hunters do normal damage now . Oh well never mind I don't care because the rest of the update is so good. Also the Tank multi-hit thing isn't actually in effect yet. For some reason. Valve say they're looking into it.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-11 19:38:31)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6354
WHen do the new maps come out. I can´t stand no mercy no more!

THe rest is good though. If the shits working htis time (looking at the smoker...)
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280

Sisco10 wrote:

Play Blood Harvest like I do then it's miles better.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-12 06:36:45)

Sisco
+493|6354

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Nah, can´t stand that more no more. Stupid cornfield
It´s time for Dead Air versus. Damn time.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6166|Vancouver | Canada
The on-fire Hunter fix makes me a sad panda.

..Everything else is pretty awesome though.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280

Sisco10 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Meh, part 4 and 5 for both NM and BH suck balls. Parts 1-3 on both are good though. They need to make finale's fun, and part 4 playable for infected.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5975|London, England

* Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to avoid 5 seconds of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.
Still a problem
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Sisco
+493|6354

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Meh, part 4 and 5 for both NM and BH suck balls. Parts 1-3 on both are good though. They need to make finale's fun, and part 4 playable for infected.
I kinda like the NM finale. But he way through the construction site is shit, for both survivors and zombies. Blood harvest has even more crappy parts in levels. Might be because I played them so much, dunno.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
I think the NM finale is definitely better than the BH finalle yes, but part 4 on both campaigns is an absolute breeze for the survivors (BH 4 takes about 30 seconds if done properly), and yeah BH's finale is just painful.

I think overall though BH is far more enjoyable. Anyway. Not long now before 'new' maps .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-13 09:04:57)

h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6363|Troy, New York
* The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first

This is my favorite. This game is actually insanely balanced considering how different it is from other games. (I.e. zombies vs Humans not just guns vs guns- balance is great)
I still wish boomers took more fall damage so you could suicide bomb more easily.
I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6381|Ohio

Damnit now i have to do math when drinkin to figure out when I can take a piss. Can't wait to see how many times I get kicked for not calculating the last 5 secs right. Valve needs to put in a halftime or something after the 3rd map to help the drunkards.

Great change though.
Sisco
+493|6354

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I think the NM finale is definitely better than the BH finalle yes, but part 4 on both campaigns is an absolute breeze for the survivors (BH 4 takes about 30 seconds if done properly), and yeah BH's finale is just painful.

I think overall though BH is far more enjoyable. Anyway. Not long now before 'new' maps .
True. It might be a feature though, you know, letting them ease up before the massive assrape that is a finale.
But how do you rush through BH4 that fast?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
Skip the barn, skip the station, run through the house and you're at the end
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481
Fixed? What, they stopped it being vapidly boring and repetitive?

Sounds like an awesome patch to me, where do I get it?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5573|Stoke, England

Uzique wrote:

If your head wasn't so far up your own arse you'd see it
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481
Rolling on my floor laughing.

But I'm right no? L4D is boring as fuck after the first 10 hours.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kez
+778|5713|London, UK

Uzique wrote:

But I'm right no? L4D is boring as fuck after the first 10 hours.
No you're not right

I enjoy it
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481
Oh shi- it's Kptk and Samtheman in the same thread, careful you don't mass report all my posts again when I upset your opinions boys
Kez
+778|5713|London, UK
Um... Okay.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6166|Vancouver | Canada
L4D is boring as fuck when you play with strangers.

It's awesome playing with friends.
(Real friends, not e-friends)
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280

Uzique wrote:

I'd agree with you if the only option was campaign, but VS is one of the most varied games there is.
Sisco
+493|6354

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Skip the barn, skip the station, run through the house and you're at the end
Hm, that sounds like it´s really fast

I don´t go for that kinda playstyle usually anyway, cause I like to KILL ZOMBIES!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard