Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
Maybe I'm picky but I only like playing with certain amount of players (24-40 for IO, don't mind 64 players if it's a large map like Dragon with vehicles). Not just that though, I like the correct map sizes so the round isn't long, drawn out or ends up in the whole team leapfrogging flag to flag with no one firing a bullet because the maps are so big people go around the edges.

So I'm looking for 32 man servers running 32 player size maps mostly which there seems to be hardly any of these days. Ideally, if it were a karkand IO server I'd like it to have mine FF on (and if possible friendlyfire set at 55% so claymores don't kill teammates but just give a team damage). Without draconian rules too (no bunnyhopping, no C4, no commander, no joining on the 3rd day of the month with the letter 'j' in your name). Ideally, no rules at all.

If anyone knows any good servers that fit that criteria or even better, an SF server please tell me. It's stupid at the moment that I load BF2 with about 700 servers passing through my filters and it's a chore to find one I'm satisfied with. I boot up ETQW and even though maybe 40 servers show up I find a perfectly fine server in seconds that I'm happy with.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5897|CA

It's a hit or miss these days, most servers are high points, so it's a 16 man server with the 64 map so the round is longer.  I've found a few 32 man servers running the 32 sized map, =E= Karkand Boobies does (IIRC), but the mine FF is off.  (It's hard to find a server with mine FF on)
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6139|Texas
=TBU= TeaBaggers United - Ghost Town
69.12.110.93:16567

32 players, 64 size, no vehicles, claymore FF enabled, no rules.

Sounds like exactly what you want.

Edit: I play this server all the time, its great.

Last edited by GGF0RCE (2009-02-28 11:00:17)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
Seems ok except the 64 player map part. Might give it a try. Ghost town is far from my favourite SF map though (much prefer mass destruction, devil's petch, iron gator).
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5586|Dublin, Ireland
EA Polska

Best teamwork / map rotation / player base / server quality there is out there.

You also wont be kicked for owning the noob admins.

<3 ~ Irish
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
One of their servers is passworded, empty and 16 player karkand. The other is Warlord and empty. I'm guessing you're talking about the warlord one. Thanks for the heads up.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5681|Notts, UK

Fat_Swinub wrote:

One of their servers is passworded, empty and 16 player karkand. The other is Warlord and empty. I'm guessing you're talking about the warlord one. Thanks for the heads up.
no he's not
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6278|eng
VooDoo Karkand is good. But i would say the best pub server on bf2 is .pl PL4FC 24/7 Karkand. 24 players on 32 map, with good players and admins.
#rekt
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427

Mint Sauce wrote:

VooDoo Karkand is good. But i would say the best pub server on bf2 is .pl PL4FC 24/7 Karkand. 24 players on 32 map, with good players and admins.
PL4FC have a no commander rule and aren't good admins at all. I've gotten kicked there in the past for bunnyhopping IIRC (but I've definitely seen other people get kicked for bullshit). Dunno about voodoo karkand, I might check them out.

Edit: might have been baserape. Either way they're complete crybabies and the sort of clan that makes me have to post threads like these in the first place.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2009-03-01 17:23:18)

GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6361
voodoo is reccomended I am verry close with that clan. if you have been kicked you either deserved it or a noob has admin .
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
Trip report on voodoo. Absolutely terrible. I hate 64 size karkand in IO with a passion. It's the worse map to play in IO. You get USMC idiots spending 10 minutes walking around the edge of the map so they can capture flags without contest which makes the game drawn out and unfun. That server in particular has stupid rules like no locked squads. The only karkand IO I want to play is 32 player sized, that way half your time isn't treking across the other side of the map. So yeah, thanks but no thanks.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
Again: EA Polska

Reason: Map rotation runs almost all maps, in the following order...

2 X Map_32
2 X Map_16

/Next Map

Goes like that trough all the maps, good community base too.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

2 X Map_32
2 X Map_16

/Next Map

If only it was IO and if only I'd get a ping better than 100 there

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-03-02 13:36:07)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

2 X Map_32
2 X Map_16

/Next Map

If only it was IO and if only I'd get a ping better than 100 there
The server is populated ALL the time, it would be epic if there was such a server in the NL/UK...

EPIC.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
IP Irish? Just want to make sure which one you're talking about.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6278|eng
Meh I hate 64 size too, but i don't really have a choice. For 32 size try 50K^ or |BEWARE|
#rekt
gnot<3
Leave blank to use forum default.
+45|5547
good servers = 32 size and 32 slot & up

64 size too, if there's at least 40 slot server. search and you'll find them.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5681|Notts, UK

Fat_Swinub wrote:

http://game-monitor.com

hai
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427

JoshP wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

http://game-monitor.com

hai
Used that already and I said it came up with 2 servers so I want to make sure which one he's talking about.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5681|Notts, UK

Fat_Swinub wrote:

the one with the rotation.... l2read

and if it's a pub server it's hardly going to be passworded

think more
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
Just had a few rounds on the EA Poksla vanilla server. Pretty good actually. 16 player mashtuur was a lot more intense than it usually is (probably because of the vehicles so it isn't an entire server of snipers). Sharqi was good in 32 player as well but that's probably because the Mi-28 pilots weren't any good. Usually if MEC get air domination it's an easy win for MEC. I might give that a try again, thanks for telling me about it Irish
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
No Problemo.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6702|Sweden
Candys IO server. 38/40 man no rules regarding jumping diving except baserape. Runs allot of maps with fitting size the smaller map for the Dalian, Songhua etc. The Admins are good they rarely interfer unless theres a obvious cheat or massive baserape. Also worth mentioning theres often a large amount of squads on both teams working together.

Only downside the usual nadespam you get on IO. They have a SF server too dunno how its populated lost that copy a long time ago.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
I've played on their SF server and it's a real blast when it isn't running 64 sized devil's perch (seriously, it's unplayable with only 27 players). I haven't tried their vanilla server, I didn't even know they had one. I'll check that out as well.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned

madmurre wrote:

Candys IO server. 38/40 man no rules regarding jumping diving except baserape. Runs allot of maps with fitting size the smaller map for the Dalian, Songhua etc. The Admins are good they rarely interfer unless theres a obvious cheat or massive baserape. Also worth mentioning theres often a large amount of squads on both teams working together.

Only downside the usual nadespam you get on IO. They have a SF server too dunno how its populated lost that copy a long time ago.
Idiots, they banned me for 'Suspected Cheats', anybody with an IQ above 1 will get kicked from that server run by complete twats.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard