blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661
Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF)

The al-Qaide-linked terrorist group Abu Sayyaf has reportedly asked between $5 and $10 million ransom for the release of three workers of the International Committee of the Red Cross they kidnapped last month.

The Muslim secessionist group Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which is helping the Philippine government negotiate for the release of the kidnapped ICRC workers said the bottom line of the abduction is money.

Khaled Musa, MILF deputy spokesman advised the government to negotiate with the kidnappers on the basis of the interest of the victims, which is money. The government has maintained a no-ransom policy on any kidnapping case.

Musa said the government is now in a dilemma because it wants to go after the terrorist group using its military, but does not want to harm the victims' lives. At the same time, its no-ransom policy is not acceptable to the kidnappers who only want one thing, and that is money.

He said it is very rare even for a terrorist group to use kidnapping as a political tool.

source

Last edited by blademaster (2009-02-09 13:27:22)

Brasso
+1,549|6646

fuck you with the title
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ColCarnage
taw
+283|5611

haffeysucks wrote:

fuck you with the title
really I thought this was an entirely different story
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

blademaster wrote:

MILF deputy spokesman
Harr harr

Sorry for the derail, carry on ... on topic
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661

haffeysucks wrote:

fuck you with the title
<3 u 2
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6683

Paying the ransom will just fund further kidnapping, as in the case of prior kidnapping/ransom paid situations.  Hell, awhile back, they upgraded their equipment with powerboats faster than what the military had, and also purchased satellite mobile phones.  They are purely pirates at this point.  Muslim agenda is just a shield.  Just go in and kill the kidnappers.
P_Diaz
+6|5577|USA

ColCarnage wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

fuck you with the title
LMAO!!!!!! You got me too!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

As the men from the Iranian Embassy Siege said, the only way to deal with a terrorist is by force and two in the head.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6502|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I am glad they have a set number to start negotiations with....
rdx-fx
+955|6607
MILF™s [merciful MILF, may my piece be inside you] we negotiate with.

Islamo-fascists infringing on the MILF™ [merciful MILF™, may my piece be inside you] name and trademark, not so much...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina
We need to send some of our soldiers over to the Philippines to help out with the MILF hunting.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6593|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Serious topic totally got derailed amirite

Awesome name for a group...
rdx-fx
+955|6607
"Musa said the government is now in a dilemma because it wants to go after the terrorist group using its military, but does not want to harm the victims' lives. At the same time, its no-ransom policy is not acceptable to the kidnappers who only want one thing, and that is money."

Tricky, that -  Having it both ways. Only works for bisexuals and quantum physics problems.

Now it's just a matter of seeing who compromises their position first.

Unless they're a bisexual quantum physics professor.

Then all bets are off.
Warhammer
+18|5696

P_Diaz wrote:

ColCarnage wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

fuck you with the title
LMAO!!!!!! You got me too!
LOL! @ this title. Thought it was completely different.

Last edited by Warhammer (2009-02-10 08:32:22)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6508|Connecticut

haffeysucks wrote:

fuck you with the title
Malloy must go
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5766|شمال
MILF means something else? right?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
prototype
+52|6327
I wish a MILF would want to kidnap me

I think I will go kill myself.

Last edited by prototype (2009-02-11 10:01:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard