JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK
Seeing as FM disapproved of our presence in the "What tech did you buy thread", time to migrate.

Gogogo.

iPods are the best Digital Multimedia Players, and far better than all the competition, rite?

https://i43.tinypic.com/14y70ig.jpg

<3

My Collection:

2nd Gen iPod Shuffle 1GB, Silver
1st Gen iPod Nano 2GB, Black (bought second hand, only 1 headphone channel works, used as an alarm clock)
6th Gen iPod Classic 120GB, Black, pictured above

Last edited by JoshP (2009-02-09 09:12:39)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
I have 3rd gen 8GB iPod nano and 1st gen iPhone
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
1st gen 32GB Touch here.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

4gb mini (broken)
5th gen video 30gb (broken)
6th gen Classic 80gb
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

4GB iPod mini
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

My player has better battery than your player, can play pretty much any format there is, has a better screen, a working equalizer, better sound, and it'll grow along with SD cards. It can already be 80GB if I want it to.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

80GB Gen5.5

I hate the damn thing but it was the only player with loads of space at the time

I want drag & drop and loads of codec support
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

6th gen Classic (plays video) 120gb Silver ipod.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

Sydney wrote:

1st gen 32GB Touch here.
Thought the first gens were only 8 or 16?

I've got a 32GB 2nd ten iPod touch. Posting with it right now
JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

My player has better battery than your player, can play pretty much any format there is, has a better screen, a working equalizer, better sound, and it'll grow along with SD cards. It can already be 80GB if I want it to.
lol80gb and i doubt the battery is better, proofz or it didn't happen
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I've had three.. last one being a video (sitting in the drawer next to me). I left ipod because they did not have wifi and wifi was .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

1st Gen iPod Touch 16GB
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

JoshP wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

It's rated at 10h video and 52h music. I left it playing on my stereo for two days straight (yes, even at night, with the stereo off), and it lasted just about 50h. Video I haven't been arsed to test, as I don't wanna stare at the 2.5" screen more than I have to.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Kmarion wrote:

I've had three.. last one being a video (sitting in the drawer next to me). I left ipod because they did not have wifi and wifi was .
My ipod has wifi
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
2nd gen iPhone. Fucking love it. <3

Even with all the Vista 64 bullshit with iTunes.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Freezer7Pro wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

It's rated at 10h video and 52h music. I left it playing on my stereo for two days straight (yes, even at night, with the stereo off), and it lasted just about 50h. Video I haven't been arsed to test, as I don't wanna stare at the 2.5" screen more than I have to.
compared to this from Apple...
https://images.apple.com/ca/ipodclassic/images/specs_battery20080909.jpg

I think Freezer wins. Specially when talking about batteries.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Sydney wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

My ipod has wifi
Yes. They showed up very late with wifi.

Does you ipod automatically sync your podcast whenever you get near a mcdonalds or any wifi hotspot?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Freezer knows his battery shit Josh.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
Lol 2.5 inch. iPod has got you beat there. 3.5 is especially as I watch quite a lot of films.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Peter wrote:

Lol 2.5 inch. iPod has got you beat there. 3.5 is especially as I watch quite a lot of films.
Q5W has a 5 inch.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK

ebug9 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

JoshP wrote:

http://images.apple.com/ca/ipodclassic/ … 080909.jpg

Except he only has 5 albums so he doesn't really need long battery life

lolol
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Peter wrote:

My player costs 1/3 of the Touch. It's mainly an audio player, the video and picture features are merely extras.

JoshP wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

http://images.apple.com/ca/ipodclassic/ … 080909.jpg

Except he only has 5 albums so he doesn't really need long battery life

lolol
Sigh. If you do know where I can find music that I like in some kind of quality, do share.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-02-08 17:00:06)

Sydney
2λчиэλ

Kmarion wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

My ipod has wifi

Does you ipod automatically sync your podcast whenever you get near a mcdonalds or any wifi hotspot?
I've never used podcasts, in fact I'm not even quite sure what the hell podcasts are other than some sort of internet radio show perhaps?

Also, usually the only two places I connect to wifi is at home or at school.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

Sydney wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sydney wrote:

My ipod has wifi

I've never used podcasts, in fact I'm not even quite sure what the hell podcasts are other than some sort of internet radio show perhaps?

Also, usually the only two places I connect to wifi is at home or at school.
fapping in the school bathrooms ftw
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

Miggle wrote:

Peter wrote:

Q5W has a 5 inch.
Sup has a 20 inch I hear.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard