Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
The people dying montage was
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
zeidmaan
+234|6434|Vienna

FOVs gif (not mine)

https://img408.imageshack.us/img408/173/bc2fov.gif
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5887|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I don't understand why they let you change FOV, if they left it at a static number then no one could gain any advantage and it would always look normal
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6625|Greenwood, IN
Damn this game is sexy.

https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/BFBC2/BC2_05.bmp
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|6003|Perth, Australia
I thought most people set the FOV based on the monitor size and whether or not it's widescreen.

A widesreen monitor requires a higher FOV than a 4:3 one. Hence why many PC gamers were complaining about it.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5807|Catherine Black

Rod Foxx wrote:

I thought most people set the FOV based on the monitor size and whether or not it's widescreen.

A widesreen monitor requires a higher FOV than a 4:3 one. Hence why many PC gamers were complaining about it.
More FoV = more viewing space = less chance of getting killed. You shoulda seen it when I played CoD4 competitively, I had 5:4 with 90FOV at 16:10 aspect ratio looked very crushed to say the least.

Last edited by Finray (2010-03-03 05:43:07)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5377|London, England
Man, this game is fun but a lot harder than bf2 was. I think it's just the fact that I don't know the maps yet.

Have yet to hear a single person talk over ptt though
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6565

JohnG@lt wrote:

Man, this game is fun but a lot harder than bf2 was. I think it's just the fact that I don't know the maps yet.

Have yet to hear a single person talk over ptt though
You really need to take advantage of the cover in this game to survive. You get about 1 or 2 seconds in the open before someone starts taking pot shots or just straight mows you down.

I think voip is broken too.

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I don't understand why they let you change FOV, if they left it at a static number then no one could gain any advantage and it would always look normal
It's because they were lazy and left it at 55(!) FOV. That is at least 10 below normal console standards. Standard PC FOV is 80-90 and I agree, it wouldn't have been as big a deal if they locked it at a decent size.

There really isn't that much advantage to be gained. The larger your FOV, the smaller targets are on your screen. I don't care if someone can see me on the edge of their screen, i'm still going to dump a mag into their face after their first shot.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2010-03-03 09:42:11)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

360 perspective for now.  PC maybe this weekend.

- Has spotting been nerfed?  You could spot a few, then like I spent a good few seconds trying to spot a runner, but he just wouldn't light up.  Same with vehicles.  On the demo, I could spot till my fingers bled.

- What's the deal with the game continuing even if no one is left on the other team?

- What 'swith the other team bailing out because they don't want to be the defender/attacker for certain maps?...

- I seriously miss BF2's prone.

- I love the LMG's.  You could snipe like the PKM's on BF2.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-03-03 09:39:26)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5377|London, England

Ilocano wrote:

360 perspective for now.  PC maybe this weekend.

- Has spotting been nerfed?  You could spot a few, then like I spent a good few seconds trying to spot a runner, but he just wouldn't light up.  Same with vehicles.  On the demo, I could spot till my fingers bled.

- What's the deal with the game continuing even if no one is left on the other team?

- What 'swith the other team bailing out because they don't want to be the defender/attacker for certain maps?...

- I seriously miss BF2's prone.
I asked in game what the prone key was and I got laughed at. I miss it too. Just doesn't feel right running around with a LMG and spray/praying.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6305|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Finray wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

More FoV = more viewing space = less chance of getting killed. You shoulda seen it when I played CoD4 competitively, I had 5:4 with 90FOV at 16:10 aspect ratio looked very crushed to say the least.
Not true mate...

The higher your FOV the harder it is to see targets in the direction you are looking since it appears further away...

There is a balance to be made!

On another note: I hope they keep prone the hell away from BC2... It will ruin the gameplay completely imo
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Well obviously there's drawbacks to something like 360 degrees FOV, but up to 110 works well. Just look at Quake Live.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

Well obviously there's drawbacks to something like 360 degrees FOV, but up to 110 works well. Just look at Quake Live.
55 & 65 looks best imo.. anything else looks like you are looking at it through a wide-angle lens tbh
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

55 & 65 looks best imo.. anything else looks like you are looking at it through a wide-angle lens tbh
Are your eyes aligned vertically or something?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

Those larger FOV's look interesting.  Curious if they translate well to three screens.
FloppY_
­

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

Are your eyes aligned vertically or something?
Nope...

As soon as the gif goes beyond 75 it starts getting warped

20" 1680x1050 btw

Ilocano wrote:

Those larger FOV's look interesting.  Curious if they translate well to three screens.
no need to...
Tri-monitor support is available even for BF2 and I think DICE will support ATi's Eyefinity...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-03-03 12:14:58)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6540|Austin, Texas
I set mine to 80. I'll check it out later.

My FOV in TF2 is 90... granted there's less distance to see, but still.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487
Okay, well here is an explanation for the "fish-eye" effect.

When you type that number in the settings.ini file, that's the vertical FOV, not the horizontal one. The H-FOV will from that scale with your resolution. So if you have a 16x9 monitor and want a 90 degree H-FOV, you need to set that number (the V-FOV) to 60.

Hope this was enlightening.

So the fish-eye comes from when silly people like yourselves think it's the H-FOV and set it to 90 without realizing it, so the H-FOV ends up being like 135 or some shit.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2010-03-03 13:54:00)

Scratch[USA]
+105|6566
Why on single player when I try to exit mid game nothing happens?  The only way out is to hit the resume game button.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6540|Austin, Texas

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Okay, well here is an explanation for the "fish-eye" effect.

When you type that number in the settings.ini file, that's the vertical FOV, not the horizontal one. The H-FOV will from that scale with your resolution. So if you have a 16x9 monitor and want a 90 degree H-FOV, you need to set that number (the V-FOV) to 60.

Hope this was enlightening.

So the fish-eye comes from when silly people like yourselves think it's the H-FOV and set it to 90 without realizing it, so the H-FOV ends up being like 135 or some shit.
who the fuck decided to make the FOV vertical? people know it by the horizontal value
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

So after literally 30 min of searching and attempting to get into games that were supposedly full or ones that didn't give me a connection error, I managed to join the end of a Rush round. Round ends after 2 min of play time and then loads up the next round. Next round finishes loading and I get dumped to the main menu with a message telling me the server is full. No shit it's full, I was one of those people in it!

GG Dice.

The joys of picking up an online-excessive multiplayer game on launch day.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6331

I'm starting to think canceling my pre-order was a good idea judging by all the bugs I'm hearing about. I think I'll wait for a few patches to come out before I buy it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6761|FUCK UBISOFT

if you kick up your FOV and get into a jeep, your squadmates will float around in the car when you move your mouse.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6733|Purplicious Wisconsin
Damn I want this game.

Blade4509 wrote:

This game is good, when I can connect, or even being able to log in consistently would be nice.
Played at friend's comp I presume?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

War Man wrote:

Damn I want this game.

Blade4509 wrote:

This game is good, when I can connect, or even being able to log in consistently would be nice.
Played at friend's comp I presume?
The fail is strong in this one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard