Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … aging.html

Kalms, the patch programmer, explains why patching BC2 is hard.

The engine and development system they have sounds downright terrible, as does the autopatcher which can't even open BC2's archives.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-06-29 16:41:07)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1199353-software-engineering-file-formats-build-processes-packaging.html

The engine and development system they have sounds downright terrible, as does the autopatcher which can't even open BC2's archives.
Well, I guess that explains the lack of mods.

I wish that would have realized that they might want to put frostbite on the PC when they were creating it though.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Gah, would love it if I could make a ww2 mod. I even have the classes figured out.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1199353-software-engineering-file-formats-build-processes-packaging.html

Well, I guess that explains the lack of mods.

I wish that would have realized that they might want to put frostbite on the PC when they were creating it though.
all in the name of obfuscation and performance
Christbane
+51|6236
the patch is downloading on my steam.
GullyFoyle
+25|5388
twitter.com/zh1nt0: "Good morning everyone! Let's get patched up and keep checking twitter, the blog and the forums for some exciting community news!"
twitter.com/zh1nt0: "If you restart your game client you will see map pack 1 & 2 again."
twitter.com/zh1nt0: "We'll enable map pack 3 once we see that the new game client + servers are stable. (You will not need to download anything.)"

New buglist thread for the new patch:  R8 R15 Bug list

twitter.com/winsrp: "@zh1nt0 I finally got the bronze for the M1 since now it works, but didn't get the award for all weapons bronze nor all bronze starts.. bad."
(this may now be being held back by the SPECACT weapons...)

Pressing the tilde "~" key should contract/expand the size of the new chat window.
Chat window spamming may cause lag spikes - Forums.electronicarts.co.uk
New patch broke custom resolution support? - forum.ea.com
GullyFoyle
+25|5388
Denkirson updated table:
https://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5411/weaponsu.png

Note that semi-auto rifles, VSS and G3 now recover 5.0 spread per second now (used to be 4).
The headshot multiplier for HMG_bullet (M95) is now 2.3x.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GullyFoyle wrote:

Denkirson updated table:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5411/weaponsu.png

Note that semi-auto rifles, VSS and G3 now recover 5.0 spread per second now (used to be 4).
So judging from the chart the new LMG whoremachine is the SAW thanks to it having 2x the mag capacity and otherwise beeing identical to the others?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America

FloppY_ wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Denkirson updated table:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5411/weaponsu.png

So judging from the chart the new LMG whoremachine is the SAW thanks to it having 2x the mag capacity and otherwise beeing identical to the others?
Yeah and if you were gonna use the M16 you might as well just use the AEK instead.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
War Man
Did they just make the xm8 to be superior to the m416?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Haven't played it, but after reading some comments and whatnot, it seems like the new patch messed up more things than it fixed? Is that not what always happens with patches from DICE?
War Man
I like the chatbox, only thing I hate about it is that it doesn't disappear quick enough when someone or I type.
FloppY_
­

War Man wrote:

I like the chatbox, only thing I hate about it is that it doesn't disappear quick enough when someone or I type.
and that it doesn't go away by itself

From what I played today it appeared when someone typed something (ofc) but then didn't go away untill I made it do so...
Ioan92
+337|5723
New patch is fucking awesome.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
Did they fix the knifing? Might have to start playing it again!
FloppY_
­

JakAttaK wrote:

To be accurate they "unfixed" what they "fixed" in the last patch

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

JakAttaK wrote:

They just reverted it back to the way it was.

So now instead of not being able to knife people in the back, there's the old problem of your knife not locking on for no reason sometimes, which is also frustrating.

I wish they would have just kept it the way it was and just let us knife people in the back. After the first patch at least they fixed the problem where it wouldn't do the charge thing sometimes even if you were right next to them.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
I actually started to enjoy arica harbour
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
But knifing is do able right? Cause its pretty much the only weapon i used, and when I joined to not be able to hit shit...I raged a little
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

hahah they move the UAV on Atacama
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America

jsnipy wrote:

Yeah, it's kinda nice but now it's perfectly placed for a CG strike.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
War Man
UAV placements are retarded, they should be in buildings
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

Blade4509 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Yeah, it's kinda nice but now it's perfectly placed for a CG strike.
I think it's kinda dumb tbh. You can still get sniped out of it super easy.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Killer Creation just sent my clan a message about Server R16 beta patch that's supposed to fix the rubber band lagging. Hopefully it works
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6390

War Man wrote:

UAV placements are retarded, they should be in buildings
Each team should have it's own UAV. It should either be in their base in a building or on the battlefield in a building. Either way, there should be multiple random spawn locations for the UAV and it should only show up on the map for your team. I think that would be better. As it is now it's too easy to kill the UAV operator.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard