Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

On January 9th, the Windows 7 Beta will be available for Windows enthusiasts to download via the Windows 7 page on Windows.com. The Windows 7 Beta is going to be available download-only (we’re not sending out physical media) and available for a limited time to the first 2.5 million people who download the beta.

The Windows 7 Beta will be available in English, German, Japanese, Arabic, and Hindi, and each language will be available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions (except Hindi which will only be available in 32-bit). Because the Windows 7 Beta will be offered download-only, it will be provided to you as an ISO image (an .iso file) that you download. After downloading either the 32-bit or 64-bit ISO image of the Windows 7 Beta, you will be required to burn the ISO image to a DVD to install Windows 7. So you want to be sure you have a DVD burner before spending the time downloading the ISO image.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show … p?t=684478

Looks cool, I think I'll give it a download
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Winston_Churchill wrote:

On January 9th, the Windows 7 Beta will be available for Windows enthusiasts to download via the Windows 7 page on Windows.com. The Windows 7 Beta is going to be available download-only (we’re not sending out physical media) and available for a limited time to the first 2.5 million people who download the beta.

The Windows 7 Beta will be available in English, German, Japanese, Arabic, and Hindi, and each language will be available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions (except Hindi which will only be available in 32-bit). Because the Windows 7 Beta will be offered download-only, it will be provided to you as an ISO image (an .iso file) that you download. After downloading either the 32-bit or 64-bit ISO image of the Windows 7 Beta, you will be required to burn the ISO image to a DVD to install Windows 7. So you want to be sure you have a DVD burner before spending the time downloading the ISO image.

No please don't download it... I want to make sure there is 1 of those 2.5 mil' for me
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
I already have it.

It's Vista with a new task bar.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

No please don't download it... I want to make sure there is 1 of those 2.5 mil' for me
No, theyre mine!
Brasso
+1,549|6629

you can have my share as far as i'm concerned...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6174|Sydney | ♥

Windows 7 has been flying around torrents now for weeks, its not THAT bad, but i still prefer xp.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK

CrazeD wrote:

I already have it.

No. It's vista minus the epic fail that was vista.

W7 = epic
Vista = epicfail
XP = pretty cool

It's what vista should have been

I <3 windows 7

although i should really use it moar instead of keeping on XP 24/7 lulz

also, what build will the beta be? How easy will it be to upgrade from previous versions (i'm using build 7000)? (I know i'll probably have to reinstall, but are there any shorter methods than a full reformat?)

Also, the only 64 bit o/s i've used is XP (briefly)and that had shit drivers (no netgear ones). Ii have old hardware and some probably unsupported obscure hardware. How likely is it that 64 bit drivers will exist for a) my netgear wireless stick b) my other crappy hardware? (i.e. should i bother getting 64 bit lolz)
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
Are drivers going to work on it? Do want if so.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

doesn't the term "epic fail" or even the term "epic" get old in the slightest for you?  i've said the word about "epic" maybe 4 times in my entire lifetime, but with the amount it's used now it makes me sick to think that i used such a word.  on one end, you have JoshP using it.  on the other, you have a fat chick in my math class (who is so FUCKING LOUD i can't hear the goddamn teache)r using it.

the population of people who use the word "epic" in any other form than that of an "epic" tale, such as The Odyssey, are those that don't deserve to pass their genes on.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-01-08 18:58:23)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

I might end up with windows 7 directx 11 without ever having played anything with directx 10. lol

haffeysucks wrote:

doesn't the term "epic fail" or even the term "epic" get old in the slightest for you?  i've said the word about "epic" maybe 4 times in my entire lifetime, but with the amount it's used now it makes me sick to think that i used such a word.  on one end, you have JoshP using it.  on the other, you have a fat chick in my math class (who is so FUCKING LOUD i can't hear the goddamn teache)r using it.

the population of people who use the word "epic" in any other form than that of an "epic" tale, such as The Odyssey, are those that don't deserve to pass their genes on.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6138|New Jersey

haffeysucks wrote:

Agreed. 

Anyone who tries to get a point across using the words "epic" or "fail" has their opinion immediately discounted in my book.  If you really knew what you were talking about and had an intelligent point that I should consider, epic and fail would not be in your vocabulary.

Anywho, I will definitely try Windows 7 out, hopefully on someone else's computer though.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5928|NY/CT

tazz. wrote:

Windows 7 has been flying around torrents now for weeks, its not THAT bad, but i still prefer vista.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
I'm there!!!
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine

JoshP wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

I already have it.

W7 = epic
Vista = epicfail
XP = pretty cool
There's nothing wrong with Vista.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5716|Vancouver, BC, Canada
My Vista install is getting very sluggish, and I'm heavily toying the idea of installing 7 as my main OS.

I'll be sure to download the ISO tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll install it yet.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
I'm already drooling!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California

CrazeD wrote:

JoshP wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

I already have it.

W7 = epic
Vista = epicfail
XP = pretty cool
I had to install a new version of solid works on my vista laptop, there is a vista version and an XP version... I only had the XP version which is designed not to install on vista (pops up with its own message telling you to use the vista version)

Right click, run in XP sp2 compatibility mode and it works perfect! Doesn't it even "emulate" 3.1?

Vista haters always just sound like mac commercials to me.

Kinda annoys me that they are already moving on instead of sticking with vista for a while and letting people see they were wrong about it.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6341|Atlanta, Georgia
Can i use vista 32x drivers with windows 7 32x?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5904|CA
Should download through torrents or wait for this beta?
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5716|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm waiting for them to release the official beta.

Mabe they'll pull another Vista and give away more copies to testers (Unlikely but...)
Benzin
+576|5998
Go for the official beta for those of you wanting to make the early switch. Any problems with the 7000 build should be resolved in the official beta. But then, I was reading some articles on the Net that said Build 7000 IS the official beta version. Just a rumor, though.

Crazed, there is also plenty of things wrong with Vista. Let me put it to you like this: On a bare bones laptop my friend bought, Vista was eating up 75 to 80% of her 1GB of RAM. We went and put an extra stick of RAM to get her to 2GB and now that's been cut roughly in half. Why in the hell does the OS NEED that much RAM? XP never used that much crap. I think it was JoshP that checked out how much RAM Win7 was using in idle and it was significantly less than Vista. First mistake fixed right there.

I would image anything that worked in Vista should work in Win7, though. It's got that thing to go find drivers and everything like that real fast.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6360|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
This beta is build 7000
Benzin
+576|5998

ceslayer23 wrote:

This beta is build 7000
Is it for sure? Source?
rdx-fx
+955|6590
Windows 7, build 7000:

It's what Vista should've been.

Tighter, more efficient than even XP.
Good features of Vista, almost properly implemented.

In short, it seems to take all the best features from XP, XP x64, Vista, and Server 2003 - and throws in a good number of applets from the former Sysinternals authors.

Now, if only Win-7's DirectX-11 implementation allowed DirectX-9 games to run.
My one major complaint with Win-7 is that none of the DirectX-9 games will run on it.
If I wanted a pretty GUI-based OS that couldn't play my DX9 games, I'd get an iMac and be much much happier.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6219|Phoenix, AZ

CrazeD wrote:

JoshP wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

I already have it.

W7 = epic
Vista = epicfail
XP = pretty cool
They did do certain things right in W7 that wasnt done in Vista though...

Like Vista came bundled with a bunch of software that gets auto installed with the O/S

With Windows 7, iirc, you SPECIFY to download all that software (like the Live product line, like Windows Mail? Im not sure though I dont use that shit)

theres many other small things like that, and maybe some large things too (havent heard about anything groundbreaking, though, then again I haven't looked into W7 all that much)

imo, I dont see any reason to upgrade to Windows 7 ASAP, but I probably will a while after its out, after the bugs are worked out and what not... I mean Vista works like a dream right now (Ultimate x64)... WAY better than XP IMO
Yeah, ill get it eventually, just not in any rush

Last edited by GodFather (2009-01-09 05:22:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard