phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
My car has a slight pull to the right, but I don't know why. I took it to get aligned today, and the guy said that my alignment wasn't off, and he couldn't see anything that would be making it pull to the right. I am going to take it to the dealership tomorrow, but what do you think the problem could be?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
Is the pull proportional to the acceleration?

a la http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_steering?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
No, it's just a slight pull no matter what the speed is.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

phishman420 wrote:

My car has a slight pull to the right, but I don't know why. I took it to get aligned today, and the guy said that my alignment wasn't off, and he couldn't see anything that would be making it pull to the right. I am going to take it to the dealership tomorrow, but what do you think the problem could be?
piss off your girlfriend?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
I pissed on her if that helps.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

phishman420 wrote:

k
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
tie rod.

take it to a suspension guy.

or rather, wait for Reciprocity to tell you what the deal is.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

Parker wrote:

tie rod.

take it to a suspension guy.

or rather, wait for Reciprocity to tell you what the deal is.
It's still under warranty, so I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow. Just wanted to see what people think is wrong with it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
smoke less weed or try driving whilst not high (just to check.....just incase..)
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
Adjust the deadzone, lolololol.

..Couldn't resist.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

Mekstizzle wrote:

smoke less weed or try driving whilst not high (just to check.....just incase..)
I drive to work and back not high every day.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

move the fat chick to the other side of the car.

but rly, what year is your car?  make and model?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
I don't let the fatties ride with me; I just let them come over for late night booty calls.

2006 Acura TL
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

phishman420 wrote:

I don't let the fatties ride with me; I just let them come over for late night booty calls.

2006 Acura TL
well they alignment guy might be......a nub.  sometimes in bad cases it takes replacing upper control arms and slotting the mounting holes to get the alignment to work correctly.  i doubt that is the problem with an acura though.  might be as simple as rotating the tires.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

The tracking is out, and the guy at the garage doesn't know what he's doing.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6627|IRELAND

ghettoperson wrote:

Breaks could be rubbing on one side.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

usmarine wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

2006 Acura TL
well they alignment guy might be......a nub.  sometimes in bad cases it takes replacing upper control arms and slotting the mounting holes to get the alignment to work correctly.  i doubt that is the problem with an acura though.  might be as simple as rotating the tires.
Nah, I had the tires rotated a few weeks ago. I hope it isn't a serious problem, and if it is, the warranty better cover it. If it pulled worse, I would be worried, but it is a very slight pull.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

phishman420 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

2006 Acura TL
Nah, I had the tires rotated a few weeks ago. I hope it isn't a serious problem, and if it is, the warranty better cover it. If it pulled worse, I would be worried, but it is a very slight pull.
Maybe rotating the tires is what fucked it up in the first place?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
It was doing it before that; it's done it since I got the car 2 months ago. Haven't gotten around to worrying about getting it fixed because I don't notice it half the time.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال
Could be alot of things...

Basic things: Check air pressure , test it on flat road..
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

Beduin wrote:

The first day or so I had my car, the air pressure warning came on for the right front tire. I checked it and it seemed fine, and the warning hasn't come on since then.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

phishman420 wrote:

Beduin wrote:

The first day or so I had my car, the air pressure warning came on for the right front tire. I checked it and it seemed fine, and the warning hasn't come on since then.
Hmm, I'd check that - would eliminate a possibility.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6649|Keyboard

JahManRed wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Breaks could be rubbing on one side.
FYI, brakes are always rubbing.

For the OP, I think that usmarine has a point about this.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
-make sure tires are the same size. -obvious, but you'd be surprised
-check tire pressure.
-check tire wear.

-possibly damaged/worn/loose strut, lower control arm, tie rod end, ball joint.  damaged steering racks don't usually cause pulls, but it is possible. 

-could be a binding brake caliper.

-Have you ever curbed your car?
-Does the car pull any more or less when the brakes are applied?  When the park brake is applied?

also remember that roads are built with a crown to facilitate drainage.  Right side is lower than the left so vehicles always tend towards the right.  The effect is usually compensated for in the alignment.

beyond that I'd have to experience to condition, or percieved condition.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

phishman420 wrote:

piss on her some more and post pics haha jk

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard