ParadoXic
+11|5757|Vancouver, Canada
Whaaaaat? Wow I mean yeah if they played something like Lil Wayne for 20 days straight I would go insane, but if it was like The Liks, KRS-One, Wu-Tang, Jurassic 5 or something like that I'd be a happy camper.
The#1Spot
+105|6561|byah

SEREMAKER wrote:

they should have just blasted Thriller

I was about to say that was a big girl in the pink.
The#1Spot
+105|6561|byah

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

About time that music found a use.

If the artists are given royalties they wont complain.

But yeh, wheres the Soulja boy.
Na Aqua Im a barbie girl for 20 days will be worse.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6644|Little Bentcock

Cheez wrote:

They listen to that everyday anyway
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6495|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Read about this yesterday on the NIN website. Reznor got pretty pissed about it. He's prolly one of the guys Morello mentioned about.

Should've used that damn Mamma Mia Movie singalong version instead
VicktorVauhn
+319|6414|Southern California
They  were probably just using what ever music they had there, you don't have to pick THAT bad of a song, and 3 minutes of audio that is basted at you in a loop for almost a month non fucking stop is gonna get pretty rough.

Good, Bad or indifferent to the actual song, that is a pretty "good" pick if I am thinking of the right song...the beginning and bass line would be pretty hash if it was blasting, the way its mostly just hard quarter notes, if that makes any sense.

Haven't they always blasted music as a tactic?
Ultrafunkula

VicktorVauhn wrote:

They  were probably just using what ever music they had there, you don't have to pick THAT bad of a song, and 3 minutes of audio that is basted at you in a loop for almost a month non fucking stop is gonna get pretty rough.

Good, Bad or indifferent to the actual song, that is a pretty "good" pick if I am thinking of the right song...the beginning and bass line would be pretty hash if it was blasting, the way its mostly just hard quarter notes, if that makes any sense.

Haven't they always blasted music as a tactic?
Bet there have been some strong reactions if they have played some 9min long versions of  Mr. Self Destruction, especially for someone who has jallaaahuallaaaaaahu for morning radio easylistening instead of Radio Rock.

We actually did something similar to this for our buddy at his bachelor party. 6am in the morning he was dressed as a pimp and put in the car wearing black sprayed ski goggles and wearing huge earphones that had very shitty wedding ballads and pop crap. Needless to say he had handcuffs on so he couldn't do anything but "enjoy" the trip. He got his payback at the paintball arena
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6375|Troy, New York

Roc18 wrote:

The prisoners are lucky they didnt play Soulja Boy for 20 days. That I would end up killing myself over.
this
Mebe their saving it for osama.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6461|King Of The Islands

Adams_BJ wrote:

Cheez wrote:

They listen to that everyday anyway
Yeah, but I'm banking on this being their equivalent of Soulja Boy.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire
Trent Reznor is not going to be happy when he finds out his music is being used for right-wing torture purposes.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5786|Belgium
Should've played Rick.
Rick Astley.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6568
Merzbow FTW. I guess the objective is torture though, not murder. GL HF.

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6761|Comber, Northern Ireland
lol fucking a! i heard in gitmo they got blasted with death metal.....>AWESOME
Ultrafunkula

Braddock wrote:

Trent Reznor is not going to be happy when he finds out his music is being used for right-wing torture purposes.
He is already aware and quite pissed about it.
jord
+2,382|6700|The North, beyond the wall.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Good job nobody's heard of him, thus nobody cares what he thinks, eh?
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6600|Columbus, OH
I KNOW Blazin Hazen is in the U.S. Army torture song track...how can it not!?!?
Ultrafunkula

jord wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Good job nobody's heard of him, thus nobody cares what he thinks, eh?
If you by nobody mean yourself, then I forgive you my musically handicapped friend

j/k plz don't rape me
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6758|Salt Lake City

Five minutes of any (c)rap music would make me lose my mind.  If they did that for 20 days, that would go down a cruel and unusual punishment in my book.
brutal bert n ernie

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6219|Winland

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

brutal bert n ernie

I haven't (in a sober state of mind) laughed at something on the net for a long time. Long time being years.

Awesome.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6148|So Cal

rdx-fx wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

they should have just blasted Thriller
Nah, I think this would've been more appropriate;

David Bowie & Trent Reznor - I'm Afraid of Americans.

Listened to that alot a few years ago.
good motivational deployment music.
^"I'm afraid Of David Bowie" for singing songs like these when he's already 60 years old. lol
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
ParadoXic
+11|5757|Vancouver, Canada

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

brutal bert n ernie

Lol at the end. XD +1.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6178|Vancouver | Canada

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Five minutes of any (c)rap music would make me lose my mind.  If they did that for 20 days, that would go down a cruel and unusual punishment in my book.
I can tell it took massive brain power to make this post.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL
I can hear our neighbors shitty rap through the wall every day, keeps me up every night

go cry some more
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6251|NSW, Australia

Last edited by Nappy (2008-12-17 22:25:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard