Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
LOL
https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45297000/jpg/_45297146_shoegrab226.jpg
Source

wrote:

A surprise visit by US President George Bush to Iraq has been overshadowed by an incident in which two shoes were thrown at him during a news conference.

An Iraqi journalist was wrestled to the floor by security guards after he called Mr Bush "a dog" and threw his footwear, just missing the president. The soles of shoes are considered the ultimate insult in Arab culture. During the trip, Mr Bush and Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki signed the new security agreement between their countries. The pact calls for US troops to leave Iraq in 2011 - eight years after the 2003 invasion that has in part defined the Bush presidency. Speaking just over five weeks before he hands over power to Barack Obama, Mr Bush also said the war in Iraq was not over and more work remained to be done. His previously unannounced visit came a day after US Defence Secretary Robert Gates told US troops the Iraq mission was in its "endgame".

'Size 10'

In the middle of the news conference with Mr Maliki, a reporter stood up and shouted "this is a goodbye kiss from the Iraqi people, dog," before hurtling his shoes at Mr Bush, narrowly missing him. "All I can report is a size 10," Mr Bush said according to the Associated Press news agency. The shoe thrower was taken away by security guards and the news conference continued. Correspondents called it a symbolic incident. Iraqis threw shoes and used them to beat Saddam Hussein's statue in Baghdad after his overthrow.

Last edited by Roc18 (2008-12-14 12:26:16)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Damn right, our president has the reflexes of a cat!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
Who throws a shoe? I mean honestly...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
Fuck George W. Bush and fuck his administration. As the protestor shouted: "This is the end". Fuck him and fuck everyone who had the macho ignorance (Team America fuck yeah!)/sheer stupidity to ever have supported his military actions outside of Afghanistan. Fitting that one of the supreme Arab insults - of attacking someone with your shoe - seen when the Saddam statue was toppled - was used in anger against this evil cunt too.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-12-14 11:48:22)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Would been awesome if Bush took his off and threw them back.

/dreams
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6171|New Austin, Not
Ahahahaha
Someone should edit the video to make it look like it's a quick-time event a la God of War style.
san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live

CameronPoe wrote:

Team America fuck yeah!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
Geezer had a clear shot....
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

jord wrote:

/dreams
Rofl.

That woulda been like that scene from Saving Private Ryan.

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

CameronPoe wrote:

Fuck George W. Bush and fuck his administration. As the protestor shouted: "This is the end". Fuck him and fuck everyone who had the macho ignorance (Team America fuck yeah!)/sheer stupidity to ever have supported his military actions outside of Afghanistan. Fitting that one of the supreme Arab insults - of attacking someone with your shoe - seen when the Saddam statue was toppled - was used in anger against this evil cunt too.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK

jord wrote:

/dreams
hahaha

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
Just watched the video.

Bush must have been awesome at dodgeball in gradeschool. Fuck that, I bet he still plays.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5861
shame he wasn't stoned by some iraqis, that would have succeeded
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

* Bush jumps over desk and goes Ike Turner on a reporter *
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
His shoe dodging skills seem to be quite refined
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SEREMAKER wrote:

Or he could've done what Bill Maher did with some 9/11 truthers.

9/11 truthers are up there with my most hated people in the world.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-12-14 12:18:41)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
Maybe he was calling him "his dog" (as in "his homeslice" or "his ese"). And the shoes were a gift.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

Poseidon wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Yes but you are a NWO disinfo agent tbh  <3

Frank Caliendo will probably do a parody of it at some point
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
Haha the after-speech he gives on the video is awesome...

Bush is such a dunce, how do people like that get to such high offices of power. He's a vacuous airhead. "Uuh, it is one way to gain attention". Wut!

Love the cheeky bemused grin he has on his face when he ducks too, hahahaha. Cheeky fucker.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698

Poseidon wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

lol, that man is awesome.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Uzique wrote:

Bush is such a dunce, how do people like that get to such high offices of power. He's a vacuous airhead. "Uuh, it is one way to gain attention". Wut!

Love the cheeky bemused grin he has on his face when he ducks too, hahahaha. Cheeky fucker.
Watch him in the vids of debates during his run for Governor of Texas... Idk I think pressure got to the guy because he seemed really on top of his game then.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Flecco wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Watch him in the vids of debates during his run for Governor of Texas... Idk I think pressure got to the guy because he seemed really on top of his game then.
Senility tbh.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland
so cliché
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Poseidon wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Senility tbh.
Well that's how I stumbled upon the debate vids. My Dad reckons it's proof of pre-senile demetia but idk... I just reckon 9/11 fucked the guy up a bit.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال
guys... You know this is EPIC!

reminds me of this one : http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=6ykYNT1TY2Y

These two videos represents the progress in Iraq! lol lol lol 
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard