usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

lulz...
-----------

ASSALAMU ALIKUM...I AM IN GREAT NEED OF HELP AND ADVISE REGARDING MY HUSBAND. WE ARE A FAMILY OF 3 MYSELF, MY HUSBAND AND MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER THANKS TO THE ONE ABOVE. HOWEVER THE PROBLEM WHICH I HAVE WITH MY HUSBAND IS THAT HE HAS RECENTLY BOUGHT A PUPPY DOG IN THE HOUSE! FORTUNATELY HE DOESNT KEEP IT HOME BECAUSE OF ME BUT GETS IT IN WHENEVER I AM NOT AROUND OR AT WORK, HE SPENDS THE DAY WITH THE DOG AND KEEPS IT IN HIS SHOP SAYING IT IS FOR HIS SECURITY?! WE AHRDLY SEE HIM THESE DAYS AS HE IS WITH THE DOG AND FRIENDS. WHEN HE DOES COME HOME LATE NIGHT AFTER DROPPING TH EDOG AT HIS FRIENDS HOUSE I DONNOT FEEL LIKE GOING NEXT TO HIM KNOWING THAT HE HAS TOUCHED THE DOG ALL DAY. PLEASE ADVISE ME

It has been reported by Abu Hurairah that the Prophet of Allah said, ‘whosoever owns a dog then everyday two carats from his good deeds will be reduced, except for guarding dog or walking dog’

Issues:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->1-     <!--[endif]-->It is prohibited to own or to buy a dog for other prescribed reasons,because, reduction of ones good deeds only occur in the case where the owner of such commodity is incurring a major sin.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->2-     <!--[endif]-->Is it allowed to own a dog for other prescribed reasons?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.     <!--[endif]-->Imam nawawi said ‘the scholars have disagreed in allowing owning a dog for other than these 3 reasons, like gaurding houses, routes. The most correct opinion is that it is allowed to own them for such reasons, basing upon analogy of those 3 reaons and taking into consideration the ‘legal reasoning’ behind allowance of them which is ‘need’. So aslong as there is a ‘need’ to own them for other than those prescribed reasons, it would be allowed.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->b.    <!--[endif]-->Sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen said, ‘so upon this, if the house is in the vicinity of other houses, or in the middle of a country, there is no need to own a dog to safeguard his property. So owning a dog in such cases would be seen as prohibition not permissible, leading the reward from his good actions decreasing with two amount of carats every day. So it is upon them to distant themselves from this dog and not to own him. However, if the house was in an open area, away from other inhabitants, and there is no one surronding them, then in that case it would be allowed to own him for guarding the house and those living inside it. And safeguarding the house is more important than looking after crops, or cattles etc.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->3-     <!--[endif]-->Reasons for decrease in good deeds?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.     <!--[endif]-->It is said because the Angels do not enter in a house where dogs resides.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->b.    <!--[endif]-->Because it may harm the passer by

<!--[if !supportLists]-->c.     <!--[endif]-->Because some of these dogs are devils (like the pure black dog)

<!--[if !supportLists]-->d.    <!--[endif]-->Because owning them is in contrary to the commandment of Prophet

<!--[if !supportLists]-->e.     <!--[endif]-->Because the dog may lick in a utensil, so the owner maybe unaware of this, hence the dog may have made filthy something which was pure, so the owner may have made ablution from that container licked by the dog which became filthy, so his ablution was incorrect, and therefore the prayer he prayed was also invlaid. So the reduction from his good deeds would be for due to this reason.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->4-     <!--[endif]-->The amount of germs found in dog:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.     <!--[endif]-->The doctors have talked on various occassions that dogs sliver is very filthy, and we know from the cases where a person was bitten by a dog and had to be given several jabs of medicine. So, owning of dog is really not the characteristics of a Muslim where he is engaged in a filthy commodity.

So our advice to this brother is to abstain from this dog, and to revive his commitment to his family. The scholars have also agreed that dogs sliver is filthy and would need to be washed 7 times, so why would you want to risk in carrying filthy in places of worship such as your house?

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/general/c … house.html

Last edited by usmarine (2008-12-14 00:02:56)

Wreckognize
+294|6486
Religion as social control?  Never!
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
Yeah!

For meh ( Sorry if I offend a family member of yours) , but dogs are:

Not a family member!
Not for sleeping in my bed!
Not for licking my face!
Not for sexual activities! <-- am sorry, but it just makes me sick!

A dog is a dog, belong outside the house, guarding. You take care of it as an animal, feed it and make sure it has a warm safe home OF ITS OWN -still outside,not mine!

I remember back when I fixed cars, I hated getting into a car of a dog owner! fucking smell made me sick!! I could tell at once as soon as I opened the car door!

I remember also refusing to check the spare tire air pressure , because of brown spots in the back of the car, right above the spare tire placement.
The supervisor started yelling at me cause i wrote it in the paper the car owner will receive when he picks his care :
Spare tire is not checked because of filth and bad smell!
I took him to the car and showed him why I wrote that! He just went back to his office without a word.

So yes, dogs belong outside, but that is just meh...
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Beduin wrote:

Meh as in, that's just "me", or "that's nothing, I/people in Yemen go further"?
VolksRepubliek
+2|5640|Nederland:D
I Have a dog to..
He is inside but he is the most of time outside..
It sleeps inside in his own box not a box from paper but like a dog thing..
He haves his one couch
We clean him every day..
Its a good dog
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
I have two dogs that sleep either on the floor, the couch, or on my bed.

Same as cats really, just bigger. And less annoying.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
We have dogs at home. They bounce all over the place and are always happy. They jump on chairs, sleep on rugs in front of the fire...

I can't believe people don't like dogs. And don't even get me started on an ancient book that tells people not to keep dogs because they're 'filthy' which people follow because they can't decide for themselves. Except that man in question that got the dog ^^. Good on him.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5932|Somewhere out in Space
I have to take care of a neighbors little mutt for a weak.  Barely larger than my 2 cats, and annoying as fuck.

Crazed, you must be high or some shit.
Beduin
+510|5751|شمال

some_random_panda wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Meh as in, that's just "me", or "that's nothing, I/people in Yemen go further"?
Me!

In Yemen, people are fighting to feed their kids... "humans"
Dogs are animals running wildly in the streets.

My wifes family have two dogs for security, but thats because they are politically active and sort of loaded!
The dogs have their own room outside the house with a fan to keep the summer temperature down!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6786|Anaheim, CA

Dogs are tasty.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

I have to take care of a neighbors little mutt for a weak.  Barely larger than my 2 cats, and annoying as fuck.

Crazed, you must be high or some shit.
If it's barely larger than your cat, then your cat is either a mountain lion, or it's not what I consider a dog.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.     <!--[endif]-->The doctors have talked on various occassions that dogs sliver is very filthy, and we know from the cases where a person was bitten by a dog and had to be given several jabs of medicine.
rabies? what the fuck kind of dogs are these people taking into their homes?

so... they're saying wild dogs you find in the streets are dirty? and these are supposed to be "scholars"?

I think sleep deprivation is making me miss something profound here
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
I wish I had a dog. Obama promised me a puppy! Seriously if you don't like dogs there is probably is something wrong with you. Intelligent animals but their are only as smart as their owner.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6230|NSW, Australia

i dont want a dog but its not that i dont like them, i just wouldnt be able to take care of it as much as i need to
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone

Nappy wrote:

i dont want a dog but its not that i dont like them, i just wouldnt be able to take care of it as much as i need to
Thats responsible to say. Some people want a dog, they know they won't be able to take care of him properly but they get one anyway. And then the poor animal suffers when you're not home for several days. +1
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
My Dog stays inside, it is part of my family and does not smell. I would gladly chose the life of my Dog over certain humans.
Beduin
+510|5751|شمال

jord wrote:

My Dog stays inside, it is part of my family and does not smell. I would gladly chose the life of my Dog over certain humans.

Brick Top wrote:

But you do have all the characteristics of a dog. All except loyalty.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

jord wrote:

same
Malloy must go
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

deeznutz1245 wrote:

jord wrote:

same
word.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Yes , quote me, quote me! Agree with me! Oh make me hot, can I get a QFT!?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

jord wrote:

Bagsy'ing isn't a real word.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Tripulaci0n
+14|6157

jord wrote:

qfmt
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

krazed wrote:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.     <!--[endif]-->The doctors have talked on various occassions that dogs sliver is very filthy, and we know from the cases where a person was bitten by a dog and had to be given several jabs of medicine.
rabies? what the fuck kind of dogs are these people taking into their homes?

so... they're saying wild dogs you find in the streets are dirty? and these are supposed to be "scholars"?

I think sleep deprivation is making me miss something profound here
ya....that's what caught my attention.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Korean advice for owning dogs:

1) Kill dog
2) Set oven to 400 degrees
3) Place dog in oven
4) Wait 30 minutes
5) ?????
6) Dinner time, chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildren!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Dog meat ftw

The real question must be asked why the fuck usmarine was reading islamic-sharia.org or whatever the fuck that website is

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard