Should I get one?  Anything better?
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6677|West Yorkshire, U.K
Get one, they are not that expensive

I would if I wasnt getting a new tower.
Tripulaci0n
+14|6149
I have an iPhone so I can't tell you about the iTouch completely but when my phone is on wifi it's pretty sweet and I'm pretty sure the iTouch does everything except make phone calls.

On that note, I'd still just get a regular iPod because it holds a LOT more music/whatever and you can use it as a portable HD and when you're using WiFi you could just as easily be on a laptop or a regular computer even so meh.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6631|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Ya get one, it's nice, pretty cool and not that expensive
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6836|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Andoura wrote:

Ya get one, it's nice, pretty cool and not that but extremely expensive
Cost me $600 in Denmark, would have cost $900 here in Iceland
Microwave
_
+515|6647|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
It's alot better than you think.

I was a major apple doubter/critic but I love mine. I've got a 32gb touch. (the new version) it's awesome, soo many good features
Tripulaci0n
+14|6149
8GB iTouch is $200 in the US
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6612|Mhz

Tripulaci0n wrote:

I have an iPhone so I can't tell you about the iTouch completely but when my phone is on wifi it's pretty sweet and I'm pretty sure the iTouch does everything except make phone calls.

On that note, I'd still just get a regular iPod because it holds a LOT more music/whatever and you can use it as a portable HD and when you're using WiFi you could just as easily be on a laptop or a regular computer even so meh.
iPod Touch + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth headset + Skype or something similar = free phone calls
Microwave
_
+515|6647|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Tripulaci0n wrote:

iPod Touch + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth headset + Skype or something similar = free phone calls
I wish it had bluetooth
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

Shit sound quality, terrible earphones, terrible computer software ( iTunes ), nice interface.

Weight it up. It's a fun toy, but if you are into your music, it's utterly terribad.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6612|Mhz

james@alienware wrote:

Tripulaci0n wrote:

I wish it had bluetooth
Hmm thought it did, theres some way of bodging a headset on it anyway, guy at work is getting one for free with his new mobile and was looking up what you could do with it and found out you could make phone calls on it using the wi-fi connection.

I keep forgetting despite the high price tag they leave out pretty basic hardware. I'll try find the guide on doing it.

EDIT:

http://lifehacker.com/378511/turn-your- … -an-iphone

There you go.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2008-12-12 15:41:23)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336
Get a Samsung YP-P2. I bought one recently, and it´s damn sweet. Not too expensive, touchscreen and bluetooth.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6348|England - Kent
Nah just buy an iPhone 3G, thats what I did
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5924|Somewhere out in Space

Zimmer wrote:

Shit sound quality, terrible earphones, terrible computer software ( iTunes ), nice interface.

Weight it up. It's a fun toy, but if you are into your music, it's utterly terribad.
also shit memory.

Why spent 400 on 16 gigs when you can have 120 for 200?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642
looks sexeh i would
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6612|Mhz

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

also shit memory.

I hate Apple as much as the next guy but it is quite a lot more than just an mp3 player...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

also shit memory.

I hate Apple as much as the next guy but it is quite a lot more than just an mp3 player...
Um.... Not really.

My advice? Get an iRiver. It plays FLACS. Either that or a Cowon, or a SanDisk ( yes, I know what you could say, they look hellishly shit, but they aren't. They have the best sound quality on the market ).

The new iRiver Spinn is supposed to be pretty awesome.

Or go for the new Zune.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand

Zimmer wrote:

Shit sound quality, terrible earphones
Yes, well those two things tend to go hand in hand, I'm hoping you used good quality earphones before making that judgement, because I use top quality headphones, and the sound quality out of my touch is definitely above average at least, not the best.....but no where near "terrible"... a slight exaggeration there me thinks.
I know fucking karate
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
ipod is just an image.

one i'm very happy to buy into though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Yes, well those two things tend to go hand in hand, I'm hoping you used good quality earphones before making that judgement, because I use top quality headphones, and the sound quality out of my touch is definitely above average at least, not the best.....but no where near "terrible"... a slight exaggeration there me thinks.
You clearly haven't used any other sort of MP3. Go read up audiophile reviews on the iTouch. The sound quality is average at best. I use £120 earphones. I am pretty sure they are above anything that most people have here.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
Zune is pretty nice actually, the thing is i had to order it from the states to italy so it costed me abit, and now the screen jsut broke without any reason.
But before it did, it was really nice.
I liked the interface and the audio in general.
Not bad at all.
anyway, the touch is good, a friend of mine has it, but i think that if you really want a touch ipod i guess its better if you get an iphone or jsut buy a regular ipod.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand

Zimmer wrote:

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

You clearly haven't used any other sort of MP3. Go read up audiophile reviews on the iTouch. The sound quality is average at best. I use £120 earphones. I am pretty sure they are above anything that most people have here.
Firstly, please don't tell me what I have and haven't done, I've used quite a few different MP3's, in fact I have 3 other MP3's sitting in my drawer, admittedly the touch isn't the best in terms of audio quality.

Zimmer wrote:

The sound quality is average at best
Terrible and average are two very different levels of quality.
I know fucking karate
Brasso
+1,549|6623

I love mine.  It is SO incredibly useful, especially if you jailbreak it.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

I've had my touch for almost a year now and I still find it really useful.  Obviously its my main music player, but there are so many free applications that are really useful or fun that no other mp3 player has that makes it so good.  I use a pair of shure earbuds though instead of the default ones.  Having wifi is really useful since theres free wifi across my campus so if i want to check something quickly when im walking around or in class it comes in handy
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

justice wrote:

Firstly, please don't tell me what I have and haven't done, I've used quite a few different MP3's, in fact I have 3 other MP3's sitting in my drawer, admittedly the touch isn't the best in terms of audio quality.
I was only going by what you said. My comment never stated that you hadn't used other MP3s, it just states that that is what impression you gave me.

I only want an MP3 for audio quality. If it comes with games and a good screen and some good extras then even better, but I don't need a whole lot of extra shit. Plus, the iTouch is a complete nuisance if you are on the go and just want to go to the next song. It's useless for quick switches.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard