Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6742|Uhh... erm...
Any tips and/or tricks that might increase my chances of victory?
Kez
+778|5714|London, UK
What kind of tournament?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481

Kptk92 wrote:

What kind of tournament?
+1.

Any Div1 / Div2 teams there?

What might increase 'your' chances of victory? Err you need a team, a damn good one. A well practiced and familiar one. You're not going to win anything in TF2 on your own, especially at competition-level .

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-29 03:56:18)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6364|Troy, New York
you could try some Pugs:
tf2.gather.us
on game surge.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6725|Purplicious Wisconsin
What class will you usually be?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6413|dm_maidenhead

Tetrino wrote:

Any tips and/or tricks that might increase my chances of victory?
Get me to play for you ;D
Brasso
+1,549|6641

how anyone could take tf2 seriously is beyond me.  it's the game i go on to have fun and not have to worry about ragequitting.  i laugh my ass off in that game more than anything really.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5976|London, England

haffeysucks wrote:

how anyone could take tf2 seriously is beyond me.  it's the game i go on to have fun and not have to worry about ragequitting.  i laugh my ass off in that game more than anything really.
I get pretty serious from time to time, but the nice thing is that I can combat spy or ubersaw medics whenever I feel like it and still have some fun
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6167|Vancouver | Canada

haffeysucks wrote:

How anyone can take video games seriously is beyond me.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

How anyone can take video games seriously is beyond me.
https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/Flecco/serious.jpg
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481

haffeysucks wrote:

It's probably one of the most successful competitive team-based games around right now: tournaments, LANs, leagues and sponsors are loving it.

So yes, a lot of 'any ones' take the game seriously- me included for a while last season . I recommend it, the game comes into a completely new-light when you play it in an organized and team-based fashion. But anyway, I digress...

What's the scoop on this tournament / your team / your class role anyway?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6742|Uhh... erm...
The tournament is 6v6. I'm the team Medic. So far, it's been a real headache just trying to survive all the flanking scunts. So yea, first order of business is medicking survival tips. And my team could also use a strategy for Granary and Well, those are 2 of our weakest maps at the moment.
Kez
+778|5714|London, UK
Well, with 120+ hours under my belt as a Medic (a bit rusty now, Spy is my love now <3) I can say a few neat pointers that could help:

- Your medigun's beam of health can go around corners. That said, you need to be relatively close to your healing target so you can hide around a corner.
- It is also vital to keep moving to prevent yourself from being backstabbed. Just keep strafing, jumping around and scanning the area for any potential threats that could come from any direction.
- To be an effective team medic, it is important that you have a microphone. It is 10 times easier to speak on the mic than to type or send out character voice commands.
- Make sure you keep a tab on all of your team-mates. You need to analyse the situation very quickly: If you're healing a half-health Heavy and a low health Scout comes to you asking for a quick heal, what would you do? Do you continue healing your big friend, who can take a severe beating before going down or do you heal the little guy whos gonna make a dash towards their post. Keep these things in mind whenever someone comes up to you.

Hope these help Tet, good luck
Eldu
+62|6118|Belgium
Took you 120 hours Kp?
Kez
+778|5714|London, UK
To do what?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6281
Also. If you come under fire, just run fowards through your team mate and use them as a shield. Provided they aren't under fire as well of course.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard