nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6334|New Haven, CT
If/when TF2 goes on sale on Friday (down from $20), should I get it?
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5728|Vancouver, BC, Canada
No.

That coming from the only person on earth that doesn't like TF2.

Let the bashing begin.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6481
Why don't you have TF2 already?

Best Multiplayer game of last year by far, and probably will be the best game this year also when Valve return to update it again.

Worth the price they charge now non-sale imo
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kez
+778|5714|London, UK

TheDonkey wrote:

No.

Let the bashing begin.
rofl

Uzique wrote:

Why don't you have TF2 already?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6334|New Haven, CT
Oh, that's a yes. Okay, I will get it. I don't have it because I wasn't aware it was on sale by itself and I'm really cheap.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6760

TF2 is a very public-community oriented game. The competitive side gets very intricate and complex. It's worth getting, but the first day or two is going to be a huge learning curve, particularly if you've played CS:S or BF2. I would definitely recommend getting it however, it is a great game.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6297|eng

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

TF2 is a very public-community oriented game. The competitive side gets very intricate and complex. It's worth getting, but the first day or two is going to be a huge learning curve, particularly if you've played CS:S or BF2. I would definitely recommend getting it however, it is a great game.
Basically you're going to get rammed in every single game you play for about a week.
#rekt
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6363|Troy, New York

TheDonkey wrote:

No.

Let the bashing begin.
bash bash bash bash bash

I would defiantly get it, tons of fun and replaybility.
Eldu
+62|6118|Belgium
Been playing it since it came out and still play it like 10 hours/ week when I have the time .
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6413|dm_maidenhead
Yes, best game ever.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6464|The Twilight Zone
Offtopic but does BF2s have a TF2 group?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Kez
+778|5714|London, UK
.Sup
be nice

Kptk92 wrote:

Yes .Sup
Thanks Kez. I clicked join, I presume I have to wait now till I'm accepted?
Kez
+778|5714|London, UK
Nope, it is public mate, anybody can join.

If you check out your Steam profile, you can see your list of groups below
.Sup
be nice

Kptk92 wrote:

Nope, it is public mate, anybody can join.

If you check out your Steam profile, you can see your list of groups below
Now I joined. It wouldn't let me join through that link, had to do it in Steam. +1 Kez
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6334|New Haven, CT
Okay, so I've been playing it, and having a +100 ping absolutely sucks. Soldiers are completely useless because the rocket takes half a second to launch after I click it.

Other impressions:

Demomen are OP, and I don't want to imagine what it was like before sticky bombs could be destroyed.
Heavies are very easy to use.
Spies are consistently fun on more open maps (and enemy spy is usually the only useful disguise).
Sniping is very easy.

Its a fun game when the teams are not unbalanced in numbers or in skill, because without balance, you are either getting owned (which is never fun) or just crushing the other team, which gets old quickly and feels cheap.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
Enemy spy is shit disguise.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Enemy spy is shit disguise.
Possibly the worst. There is no reason for an allied spy not to be disguised, so it must be an enemy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York
I'd say Scout is the worst...it's so obvious. Followed by Spy though.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6334|New Haven, CT
Oh, not in my experiences. You cloak until you are in the enemy midst, and when you uncloak, you just look like a spy that got injured and is running back to the medical cabinet. If you are safely behind enemy lines, not having a disguise becomes less of a tell - maybe you just didn't bother to get one after fleeing - and when it comes to uncloaking, it makes the most sense. I always love idiots that uncloak with a demoman or heavy, because its kind of obvious they are a spy.

Also, on that note, I would venture to say that pyro is nearly as bad as scout.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2009-01-07 16:25:08)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

nukchebi0 wrote:

Oh, not in my experiences. You cloak until you are in the enemy midst, and when you uncloak, you just look like a spy that got injured and is running back to the medical cabinet. If you are safely behind enemy lines, not having a disguise becomes less of a tell - maybe you just didn't bother to get one after fleeing - and when it comes to uncloaking, it makes the most sense. I always love idiots that uncloak with a demoman or heavy, because its kind of obvious they are a spy.

If you actually see someone uncloak, their outline is the color of their actual team.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6531|Austin, Texas
Obvious spy would be the scout.

Quickly followed by medic, and spy. After that, Engineer, Pyro, Sniper, Demoman. Nobody does spy heavy and rarely soldier.
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

yes get it omg.. staple game
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479

nukchebi0 wrote:

Look, if I see a spy without a disguise on, I'm gonna think he's an enemy spy. Not only that but the fall back arguement works allot better for engineer and sniper.

Engi and Sniper are by far the nest thing to disguise as. First and foremost they tend to be behind the front lines, and it wouldn't seem so odd to see one walking around away from the fighting. Second the Spy's main target's are snipers and engis so it wouldn't seem odd to see one in a sniper position or in an area where engis built their stuff. Third spy moves as fast as sniper and engi so you wouldn't sacrifice your pwn speed, which is needed to be able to backstab enemies. Demoman would otherwise be the same as sniper and engi but the demo moves slower so it can be tough to backstab guys.
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

MadKatter wrote:

Obvious spy would be the scout.

Quickly followed by medic, and spy. After that, Engineer, Pyro, Sniper, Demoman. Nobody does spy heavy and rarely soldier.
super correct +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard