.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6462|The Twilight Zone
Its not bad but I don't get the part when it underlines everything you write down.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Brasso
+1,549|6639

.Sup wrote:

Its not bad but I don't get the part when it underlines everything you write down.
huh?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
.Sup
be nice

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

huh?
For instance when I'm replying in preview mode it underlines every word with red wavy line.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

Chrome is ALOT faster than firefox

So I use it
It really isn't. If anything FF is supposed to be faster.
Um, what browser statistics have you been reading from?

It goes like this for speed ( overall, taking into account everything ) :
1. Opera
2. Chrome
3. Safari/FF
4. IE8
5. IE7
.Sup
be nice
0. Firefox 3.0
Brasso
+1,549|6639

.Sup wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

huh?
For instance when I'm replying in preview mode it underlines every word with red wavy line.
spell check?

The one major thing that bothers me about Chrome is that it remembers what I type in the address bar in incognito mode.  What's the point?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

So I use it

1. Opera
2. Chrome
3. Safari/FF
4. IE8
5. IE7
I was pretty sure the ones that stated it in that order were from before FF3 was released.
.Sup
be nice

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

huh?
spell check?

The one major thing that bothers me about Chrome is that it remembers what I type in the address bar in incognito mode.  What's the point?
Yeah but I don't have any spell check installed on my lappy.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

I still use FF3. It is faster than Opera 9.6, on this computer at least, and Chrome is just annoying. I do not like the feel of it, and no middle mouse click, well, just can't browse without it.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

1. Opera
2. Chrome
3. Safari/FF
4. IE8
5. IE7
I was pretty sure the ones that stated it in that order were from before FF3 was released.
No. FF3 is still slower than Opera 9.6. Chrome may be the same for certain page loadings. But for cold starts and others it is much much faster.
Brasso
+1,549|6639

.Sup wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

spell check?

Options > Minor Tweaks > Change font and language settings > Languages > Spell checker language: Slovene

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-11-18 14:27:24)

Benzin
+576|6007
Maybe I'll load Chrome onto my EEE and play with it ...
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5756|Croatia
"Thou shall never convert from FF to any other web-browser"-Unwritten laws of the internet,2004

Last edited by blah (2008-11-18 13:06:19)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

1. Opera
2. Chrome
3. Safari/FF
4. IE8
5. IE7
No. FF3 is still slower than Opera 9.6. Chrome may be the same for certain page loadings. But for cold starts and others it is much much faster.
Ok, well Chrome is still gay. I couldn't care less about browser speeds tbh, as long as it loads webpages at a decent speed.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Firstly. No RSS?
Google have left it out, but think they might be planning something which links in with google.co.uk/reader

Zimmer wrote:

1. Opera
2. Chrome
3. Safari/FF
4. IE8
5. IE7
Where did you get those stats from Zimmer? From what I have read, Chrome is by far the faster of the browsers but does hog a lot of memory. However, because of the way Chrome treats each tab as a separate process, it is much better at handing back memory when the tabs are closes.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6559|CH/BR - in UK

I use it as my standard browser, as it starts up 20x faster than Firefox. In fact, IE8, Opera, IE7 and Songbird all start faster than Firefox 3. It's really slow. If I want to look something up, I want to see it NOW, not wait for a minute until Firefox is ready.

However, I do miss some features, and I'm looking forward to seeing RSS and Plugin support. Anything that doesn't work in Chrome I simply put in IE8 (which is fairly decent considering it's still an IE).

-kon
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759
Try creating application shortcuts with Google Chrome, really good for a clean window
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

I was always an IE user (FF fails, tbh) but now use Chrome exclusively.

I don't even use the middle button click...whats the point? Just use the wheel and/or Pgup Pgdwn buttons.
.Sup
be nice

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

spell check?

Options > Minor Tweaks > Change font and language settings > Languages > Spell checker language: Slovak
OMG haff I hope ur joking
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6641

.Sup wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Options > Minor Tweaks > Change font and language settings > Languages > Spell checker language: Slovak
He's slovenian, not slovakian!
.Sup
be nice
https://www.geographicguide.net/europe/maps-europe/maps/europe-map.gif
Brasso
+1,549|6639

Gooners wrote:

.Sup wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Options > Minor Tweaks > Change font and language settings > Languages > Spell checker language: Slovene
He's slovenian, not slovakian!
exactly
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6693|West Yorkshire, U.K

ghettoperson wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

So I use it
I am sorry but on my computer IT IS alot faster than Firefox

I am telling you it is but you are still saying it isnt.. On my own computer..
JoshP
Banned
+176|5698|Notts, UK
It's not bad, but i much prefer opera.

Opera 9.5 beta 2 > all

also ff sucks.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=108566

I want to like it, but I am tired of how much shit doesn't work. Cant scroll with my mouse wheel, highlighting stuff and right click -> copy seems to not work half the time, half the time right clicking an underlined word won't give spell check options, the other half it will (that is on the same misspelling of the same word), no ad block, my laptop can only scroll one way, other stuff I can't remember because Its been so long since I used it.

and to jump into the random other browser discussions, Opera is slower on my comp then FF, Chrome is most of the time faster then both.
FF works better but looks worse then opera, Chrome would be good if it all worked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard