Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville
What is your current level and what do you think of the game ?

I'm on level 19 so far I think it's good but I hate those f'in dogs.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada
Is it the same fast leveling as CoD4, or did they finally do something about it?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville
So far it seems faster, I will have to play it all the way threw level 65 before I can give a proper answer.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I didn't think faster was possible.

I was top rank after 4 days, and I'm just an average player.
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
0 until Xmas
Stimey
­
+786|6112|Ontario | Canada
­
­
­
­
­
­
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Over 9000.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
0 In the BETA I got to 30 the doubble barren shot gun is pure sex
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Obiwan wrote:

What is your current level ?
0, because my profile was lost.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
Anyone who wants the M1A1 early unlock code for xbox and doesn't already have it, I have an extra code and don't want it. PM me and it's yours.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6278|eng
23, and i'm bored with it already.
#rekt
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6456|Tyne & Wear, England
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville
I'm at level 27 now. I've been using the MP40 with scope that gun is my favorite so far.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

DefCon-17 wrote:

Is it the same fast leveling as CoD4, or did they finally do something about it?
Do something about it? I sort of like not having to spend hundreds of hours at the grindstone. It's an FPS, not an RPG.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Do something about it? I sort of like not having to spend hundreds of hours at the grindstone. It's an FPS, not an RPG.
Like what.

There's zero sense of accomplishment.
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

DefCon-17 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Like what.

So...

Sitting in front of a screen for 3000 hours in front of a game just to unlock the very last feature is...an accomplishment? I guess the Unreal Tournament guys didn't have a clue. BF2 had the right idea. You get all your unlocks fairly early, but can still progress farther up the chain of command at a more leisurely pace.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-11-21 20:00:48)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Something like 16. I've been out of town for the past week and my laptop won't run it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Commie Killer
+192|6379

DefCon-17 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Like what.

Accomplishment? Shit....
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Like what.

So...

Sitting in front of a screen for 3000 hours in front of a game just to unlock the very last feature is...an accomplishment? I guess the Unreal Tournament guys didn't have a clue. BF2 had the right idea. You get all your unlocks fairly early, but can still progress farther up the chain of command at a more leisurely pace.
Yes it is.

A somewhat pathetic accomplishment, but one nonetheless.

Unless you're a huge slacker/procrastinator, getting every new thing the game offers in a few days is not an accomplishment.

I'm not saying that I stopped playing after I got top rank like some weirdos did, since I mostly play for fun, but if you're going to add something that is supposed to give a sense of accomplishment, at least make it somewhat harder to attain.

Not to sound like one of those moronic competitive players with his head stuck up his overly large ass, but I think CoD4 was aimed at the newer FPS players.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

DefCon-17 wrote:

Yes it is.

A somewhat pathetic accomplishment, but one nonetheless.

Unless you're a huge slacker/procrastinator, getting every new thing the game offers in a few days is not an accomplishment.

I'm not saying that I stopped playing after I got top rank like some weirdos did, since I mostly play for fun, but if you're going to add something that is supposed to give a sense of accomplishment, at least make it somewhat harder to attain.

Not to sound like one of those moronic competitive players with his head stuck up his overly large ass, but I think CoD4 was aimed at the newer FPS players.
It is? That's like calling the process of getting through a three-hour burst of constipation an accomplishment. I suppose you could technically call it one, and you'd be glad to have it over with, but most people would've rather not have gone through it at all.

As to the rest:

CoD4's crate-sized hitboxes were aimed at new FPS players, I can agree with that much. Pretty much anyone can shoot you in the teeth randomly from any distance with any weapon. Rank-up systems rely way too much on time versus skill.

If I was able to tweak CoD4/5's rank system:

*Enlisted and Officer ranks (alternate skins) would be two separate tracks, advanced through overall score quantity, balanced one way or the other through K:D ratio. Fast-track bonuses given for objective accomplishment:
- Players start off at Enlisted, and get the opportunity to switch to the slower-advancing Officer track a few ranks in.
- Both Enlisted and Officer tracks receive diminishing point returns 3/4 through. Officer tracks receive more of a bonus from W:L ratio than K:D.
*Weapon unlocks operate similarly to paygrade, but individually. Emphasis placed on quantity of kills with one weapon to unlock another of the same class. Fast-track through kill streak.
- Skin unlocks attached specifically to their weapons and none other of their class (except the gold skin scheme). Emphasis on kill streaks
- Attachments locked to 'accomplishments' while using specific weapons (might end up being a bit wishy-washy there, though).
Sure, it's a bit rough, but you should get the idea. Beyond all that, make all unlocks available after about a couple weeks of average playing, but institute diminishing score returns to get higher ranks and 'bling' for the kind of people who want the grindstone that otherwise has no place in the world of the FPS. In other words, put people on even ground after they've plugged away for a bit, but leave in a high-end chest puffing stage for anyone who just has to have the best boots and the best hair.

Why punish casual gamers with pea-shooters because you've made it an unbelievably steep slope to acquire anything mechanically superior? This is one of the things that made Dark Messiah's online play so unattractive to me. Whatever team gets the first kills dominates the rest of the match with obscenely overpowered ability rewards, I'm not even going to get into its horrible synergy with the team stacking that occurs. Why deal with that when you can just go to CoD4 and get back on even ground?

About the above underlined, not everybody wants to grind at an FPS (that's what an RPG is for) when they have an entire library of other games to swap through, so I don't see how anyone could criticize an FPS for lacking that feature.

Now if you'll excuse me, my 'Doom Guy' is level 93 and I've gotta get another rank up in cyberdemon land so I can add another 5 points of strength to handle that BFG-9000. Or should I add it to dexterity and get the Invisibility Sphere instead?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville

GR34 wrote:

0 In the BETA I got to 30 the doubble barren shot gun is pure sex
I unlocked that yesterday, I will try it out.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6416|Canuckistan

Just got it bitchesss
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

I don't even really want it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard