commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6383|Michigan, USA

I imagine I should include some form of an introduction, but I'll keep it short. I really love this girl, so much I'm even thinking thoughts of marriage (but that wouldn't come for at least another 3 years at least, 25-ish probably).  I thought to myself, there's no better Christmas gift to give her than a promise ring. As one article on promise rings said, "If you're sure she's the right one for you, but not quite ready for engagement, a pre-engagement, or promise ring expresses commitment to the relationship and a promise for the future together." Some stats before the pics:

10ct. White Gold
2 small diamonds
2 lab-created, heart-cut alexandrites (amazing stone, it changes color in different lighting!)
Got the ring with a 3-year warranty for $194.
Updated: Got it at Rogers and Hollands Jewelers in the US.

Pictures:
Side view:
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/3013981937_b98269bdab_b.jpg

Front view:
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/3014815506_e599770eb1_b.jpg

Overhead view:
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/3014814896_73189793b7_b.jpg

I'm so excited, I don't know if I'll be able to hold off from giving it to her until December 12 (when we'll be together before Christmas break). Thing is, we won't be able to spend our Christmas breaks together (she'll be in Michigan working, raising money for the always constant college money demands; I'll be in California visiting grandparents), so I'm thinking I might just give it to her on Thanksgiving so she can show it off to her family when I'm with her, or if need be, get it resized in time so she can wear it while I'm gone to California for those 3 weeks.  For those of you who read all this, what do you think of giving it to her at Thanksgiving instead? Yes, or no?

Last edited by commandochristian (2008-11-09 09:46:59)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
looks promising she better say yes
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Tell her it's an engagement ring, lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

She'd better like it.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5687|Vancouver, BC, Canada
If she denies, PM me her Last name and Social security number

/Mr and Ms Smith reference.

But yeah, I wants that ring naow >.< and your macro photography is brilliant! What camera?
Benzin
+576|5968
Nice work, dude. I say give it to her on a special occasion, though. Just take her out to dinner or whatever and give it to her then.
Defiance
+438|6641

TheDonkey wrote:

Too bad the meaning is completely different in the movie.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5687|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Defiance wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Too bad the meaning is completely different in the movie.
Well I actually meant it in the way that I'd go and murder her for hurting a not-so-friends feelings, but I now see how it can be taken wrong >.<
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6488|USA
pics of her please. haha (i'm drunk(

and a promise ring is like JV marriage
and what if she thinks it's marriage? what will you said? acutallly...this is just a ... promise. and promise for what?
i guess i don't get it.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6444|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
How much was it mate? im actually looking to do the same thing for my wonderful girlfriend too
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

ELITE-UK wrote:

How much was it mate? im actually looking to do the same thing for my wonderful girlfriend too

commandochristian wrote:

Got the ring with a 3-year warranty for $194.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

commandochristian wrote:

I imagine I should include some form of an introduction, but I'll keep it short. I really love this girl, so much I'm even thinking thoughts of marriage (but that wouldn't come for at least another 3 years at least, 25-ish probably).
OK, I'll be the first one to say it (unless Seal was trying to say it in his drunkenness).

It is absolutely stupid.

If you want to marry her, then get her an engagement ring, set a date, and move on.  What you are demonstrating in this act is an absolute inability to make a commitment, which basically means that you will not marry her in 3 years because you cannot make a commitment.

If you want to marry her then do it.  If you are not yet sure, then wait.  Otherwise, this looks like nothing more than a cheap ploy for getting sex.

Yes, I deal with this stuff a lot ... I really need to start a "Dear OrangeHound" column.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

OrangeHound wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

I imagine I should include some form of an introduction, but I'll keep it short. I really love this girl, so much I'm even thinking thoughts of marriage (but that wouldn't come for at least another 3 years at least, 25-ish probably).
OK, I'll be the first one to say it (unless Seal was trying to say it in his drunkenness).

It is absolutely stupid.

If you want to marry her, then get her an engagement ring, set a date, and move on.  What you are demonstrating in this act is an absolute inability to make a commitment, which basically means that you will not marry her in 3 years because you cannot make a commitment.

If you want to marry her then do it.  If you are not yet sure, then wait.  Otherwise, this looks like nothing more than a cheap ploy for getting sex.

Yes, I deal with this stuff a lot ... I really need to start a "Dear OrangeHound" column.
I concur
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England

OrangeHound wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

It is absolutely stupid.

what he said tbh
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

reminds me of baseket ball with the pre-commitment ring
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6709|Comber, Northern Ireland
gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Running the risk of sounding very much like a girl, I think it's sweet.

I'm sure your girlfriend would rather you gave her a promise ring than nothing. Hell, at you guys ages probably she'd rather have a promise ring than an engagement.

But if it's a cheap ploy for getting sex, well, you're gunna get some.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
22 is too young to get married so he's waiting another 3 years and in the meantime he's getting her this. What's the problem?

3 more years with her will let him know if she's the one.

Aint stupid is it. Stupid is getting married at 22.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

jord wrote:

22 is too young to get married so he's waiting another 3 years and in the meantime he's getting her this. What's the problem?

tru dat
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng
If she says no then you're fucked.
#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Eh.... I dunno, chances are you two are probably not going to get married. 3 years is a long time, a long time for a relationship to fuck up.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

Mekstizzle wrote:

Eh.... I dunno, chances are you two are probably not going to get married. 3 years is a long time, a long time for a relationship to fuck up.
you would know about fucking things up

Spoiler (highlight to read):
low blow, bite me
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616
Promise ring = you better not cheat on me bitch
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine

Mint Sauce wrote:

If she says no then you're fucked.
Nah, he's only fucked if she says yes.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478

jord wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard