Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
I love how people are one person's review from the demo influence them. No offense to you or anything Zimmer whatsoever, I just don't think people should decide based on your review alone. Maybe if there was an overwhelming majority saying it sucks it'd be different.

I'm still getting it for sure.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

Poseidon wrote:

I love how people are one person's review from the demo influence them. No offense to you or anything Zimmer whatsoever, I just don't think people should decide based on your review alone. Maybe if there was an overwhelming majority saying it sucks it'd be different.

I never said they should. I just stated my opinion. I wont buy it until it's gone down in price.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Zimmer wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I never said they should. I just stated my opinion. I wont buy it until it's gone down in price.
Lol value for your money eh?

Idk if I had steam I'd be pissed at Valve over L4D's price tbh. After The Orange Box it seems pretty friggin expensive.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

Zimmer wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

No, I know you didn't. I'm just saying people shouldn't take one bad review and use it for their reason to buy or not buy it.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-11-06 14:28:30)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

well i like it
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6549|Scotland
So is there anyway to play it without pre-ordering?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267

White-Fusion wrote:

So is there anyway to play it without pre-ordering?
We have to wait until next week. The demo is avaliable to everyone on the 11th, whereas the people that preordered it get to play this beta-demo thing. Which has heaps of serious issues from what i've read.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-11-06 14:41:21)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

its so lol when a fuckin shit load of them run at you at once, shotgun 8 zombies in the face then smash one back into the wall whip out your pistol(s) and shoot the shit of him

even sp is fun
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
The game is fun, simple and easy.

Don't buy it if you're expecting strategy-heavy story-driven action, because that's not what it is and not even what it presents itself as. The engine and AI is quite intelligent (by 'quite' I mean very good on a technical-level, yet obviously executed through the dumb-zombie cliché) and the graphics/gameplay is typical Source-style; feels like a Source game, looks like a Source game.

It's just simple fun, log into a Multiplayer lobby and shoot exploding shit and throw grenades at crowds of zombies for an hour or two. It'll be a lot more fun when the full game is released and we get the full selection of weapons, maps, enemies and campaign. Not sure if it's worth the price- but that's the current exchange rate and Steam's dodgy price strategy for you- I would definitely recommend picking this game up as a good casual-hour-here-and-then title.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
dill13
+67|6191

SamTheMan:D wrote:

its so lol when a fuckin shit load of them run at you at once, shotgun 8 zombies in the face then smash one back into the wall whip out your pistol(s) and shoot the shit of him

even sp is fun
you can headshot like 3 zombies at a time so hilarious to hold a choke point by yourself
Edit auto shotty ftw

Last edited by dill13 (2008-11-06 20:20:42)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas
Indeed. I thought it was a lot of fun, completed the SP on normal without difficulty.

Then I played expert a few times co-op. I'm not happy about the dedicated server bullshit (pings sucked, even mics were screwy), but the action was intense. It wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination, and that's just the first 2 chapters. After about 3 different games, getting shot off servers due to shittiness and having the demo just kill itself randomly, I finally found a stable server/players.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Took us 2 tries to get through the first chapter, but the 2nd chapter is rough, especially when you have to use all the medpacks to heal yourself off the bat. After 4-5 times of everyone dieing, we got the uber weak horde, with molitovs lining that last room. We all took auto shotties, but I'm quite found of the sniper (hunting?) rifle. Noscope headshots are quite lol, I emptied an entire clip into zombies attacking a friend in a stairwell. Worked nearly as well as a shotty due to noscope, semi-auto and aim

Maybe not worth $45 due to replayability, but it's a well developed game. Definitely worth the lulz if you've got some mates to play it with.
Defiance
+438|6668

It's a bit tough with pubby idiots on your team, but I can't wait to play through the full thing with some friends. Not to mention the 'Versus' mode.

I get the same feeling of little substance that has been said here. It has me a bit worried, though since most content is locked, I'm not about to take away the benefit of the doubt. The demo is fun, I feel that much, some changing scenery will make it better. The apartment/subway maps are very claustrophobic, adding a bit to the atmosphere but taking away in gameplay. FF is too big of a problem with so many zombies in a small area.

Supposedly, other chapters are more open. Let's see.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas

Defiance wrote:

I get the same feeling of little substance that has been said here. It has me a bit worried, though since most content is locked, I'm not about to take away the benefit of the doubt.
I can already forsee bitching about replayability and cost/hour on valve forums, because tbh valve is pretty good at low costs/high fun. Guess what that means.... free content updates!

Probably new chapters or guns or things... mmm
Defiance
+438|6668

MadKatter wrote:

I can already forsee bitching about replayability and cost/hour on valve forums, because tbh valve is pretty good at low costs/high fun. Guess what that means.... free content updates!

Probably new chapters or guns or things... mmm
The game was made for replayability, says Valve. I'm having a little trouble repeating the first two levels of the game over and over again, though it's actually a lot more then I could say for the first level of any Half Life game. I've noticed plenty of cases where the game gets easier/harder as the team works very well or like crap.

It's only a demo, I'll reserve judgement until the full game is playable.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6434|Brisbane, Australia
Well, I like it.

Its easy to play, easy to jump into and good for letting off steam. This game is decent. Shot gun is hilariously fun to use, and other weapons own pretty well. I've been waiting for a decent zombie game and I believe I have found it.

I dont care if the its not that great of a story or that people thin it repetitive. Its a game to let off steam, that you can pick up and play for 10mins before doing something important.
Defiance
+438|6668

It'll probably end up playing like a social game. Halo was fun but it wasn't fantastic until you got your friends in a room and sat down with it.
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6731|California
Just played the demo before I go to bed (bad idea, I know) and I enjoyed it a lot. Not a big fan of the length, but it's free so I can't complain.
Broodbeleg
+34|5850|The Netherlands
I just encounterd a Witch, scary bitches :$
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
From the Steam forums:

In the L4D demo, in the first room after going down the staircase, there is a table. On said table there is a ceral box. ON said cereal box, there is a easter of TF2. It shows a picture of the heavy, says something about 6" toys, and at the bottom, it says... collect all TEN!!!

TENTH CLASZSZ!?
Can somebody here with the demo take a screenshot of this?

Omg etc if its true.

Edit: https://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/iigor/l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment0034.jpg

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-11-07 06:46:10)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
The Civilian tbh.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433
I was really borderline about a pre-order but now that amazon.co.uk has left 4 dead for £20 that's done it for me. That's a pretty reasonable price, the price of an expansion pack.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Left-4-Dead-PC- … amp;sr=1-1
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6543
Why are they giving demo access to people who pre-ordered only? A demo is supposed to convince someone who hasn't bought it to buy it, not convince someone who bought it to cancel their order.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6549|Scotland

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Why are they giving demo access to people who pre-ordered only? A demo is supposed to convince someone who hasn't bought it to buy it, not convince someone who bought it to cancel their order.
Very good point, the demo for everyone is coming in a few days. And alot of people will pre-order the game so they can play the demo right away.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

From what I understand, (not being able to play it - no PC at the mo',) this Demo is more a "Beta-Demo". By the 11th it just becomes just a Demo so at that stage yes, it's purpose will be to convince those who haven't bought the game to buy it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

From the Steam forums:

In the L4D demo, in the first room after going down the staircase, there is a table. On said table there is a ceral box. ON said cereal box, there is a easter of TF2. It shows a picture of the heavy, says something about 6" toys, and at the bottom, it says... collect all TEN!!!

TENTH CLASZSZ!?
Can somebody here with the demo take a screenshot of this?

Omg etc if its true.

Edit: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/i … nt0034.jpg
Well I've never played TF2 before but if there's 5 classes and there's two teams (a red and a blue team) well you do the maths...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard