Crap15%15% - 6
not very good10%10% - 4
Nothing special27%27% - 11
Ok22%22% - 9
bloody briliant25%25% - 10
Total: 40
Guttridge
+0|6688
i have recently taken to being engineer and have found the mp7, which was described to be very bad by BF2S a bllody excellent gun, just last night i went 2 rounds with over 100 points and several others with over 70 with just this gun!!

i don't know whether its just me and the gun have... bonded but i find it quite the killing machine, generally.

i just want to know what the rest of you out there think of it...

Last edited by Guttridge (2006-01-23 02:21:03)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

It's a so-so gun... but crap when compared to the others. The Pumps and MK3A1 are around even, if you like power and have good aim or rather go for sheer speed and less aiming skill.

When you can pick one of those, the MP7 doesn't seem so great. And you shouldn't be going to the front line and using any engineer weapon except pumps if you really really know how.
glock1974
+0|6780
i like the mp7 too....gives you more of an edge or medium distances and can still unload quickly when it gets up close and personal.prob choose it as my next unlock as well as maybe the p90.
banndontv
+-1|6747
not a fan.  I find i can use my pistol at medium range, or toss some grenades.  Up close well, the jackhammer just rules.  1 shot and yer dead.  cant complain there.  Only prob is coming across another eng with it, or an AT with the DAO.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
its ok. i prefer the pump over all the other guns. if you use the pump right, its sooooo freakin good. i dont use the mp7 because i can do just as good or better against someone at medium range with a pistol.
emperorphoenix
+5|6774|Westeren Australia
it owns
comet241
+164|6765|Normal, IL
i think its a great gun. i was picking snipers off of buildings all day with it yesterday. only problem is, i would prefer a pump in close combat. totally depends on map and situation which to pick. jackhammer and mp7 are both great guns
cyric
+0|6669|Orange, NSW
I use the MP7 if I cant use the remington.
Big_B1347
+0|6767
I Love It. The Rate Of Fire Is Amazing At Close Quarters ITs The Best. Hold Down The Tigger And Go To Town!
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6675|Moscow, Russia

glock1974 wrote:

i like the mp7 too....gives you more of an edge or medium distances and can still unload quickly when it gets up close and personal.prob choose it as my next unlock as well as maybe the p90.
P90? Where did you see a P90?
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6688
I tried it for the first time on a bf sf server they let you unlock any weapons you wanted so i tried  the enginer class cause i never tried it.

Its a pretty good smg alot better then the mp5 from anti tank class i went over to a sand bag little base and there was multiple enemies i took them all out with the mp7.

Killed two of them reloaded went back and killed another guy pretty nice smg.
Mike_J
+68|6669
awesome gun, aren't they nerfing it though with the patch?  lame...
Icleos
+101|6742
Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad...  Depends on how you use it.
Kinda like the PKM.  If you don't know how to treat it nicely it will be your worst nightmare...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693

Mike_J wrote:

awesome gun, aren't they nerfing it though with the patch?  lame...
kinda...they are making it less damaging BUT they are giving it a larger clip (possibly 40 rnds) (In RL the standard mag sizes for it are 20 and 40).
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6744
I just recently tried it by picking it up from another player...my first reaction was HOLY #&$@*.  This gun will rip anyone who comes near you to pieces.  I ran into a squad of 4 guys and took them all out.  I killed the first guy who was a bit isolated then I hid around a corner to reload.  I ran around to corner after reloading only to encounter the other 3 guys and I took them all out with one clip.  I havent tested it out at very far ranges but wow, this thing is equal to the Jackhammer.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752
Dont like it too much... Unlocks arent 2 good for an engeneer. Pump-action is a way better for me
Mike_J
+68|6669
"Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased"

That's on EA's list of fixes on the upcoming patch...so fewer rounds in the magazine and deals less damage.  more mags though...lame

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-01-23 18:33:44)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.

Mike_J wrote:

"Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased"

That's on EA's list of fixes on the upcoming patch...so fewer rounds in the magazine and deals less damage.  more mags though...lame
actually that means more rounds in the magazine, and less extra magazines.
i think they should keep the damage up to make the engineers more usefull.
Esker
+1|6727
^^ Totally agree with that it should remain the same power for sure. Or maybe they could replace it with an MAC10. I do love the MP7 though, simply because it sounds awesome, it's a fun gun to play with when you're fucking about (like the UMP or TMP on CS)

Saying that though I would choose the pump action or jackhammer over it normally.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard