Tripulaci0n
+14|6157
Hypothetical:

You're the President and which ever people (within the U.S. government) are needed to make things happen are behind you 100% of the way. The plan is to get out of Iraq as soon as humanely possible without ... you know ... just leaving. What can we do?

I really don't see the answer.

It's nice to say "let's get the FUCK out!" and bring up all sorts of points about why we shouldn't've been there in the first place, but what's that simple solution that Bush is so stubborn about then?

------------------

Again: Has nothing to do with the past. We're starting from TODAY with the current situation.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Train more Iraqi policemen who will take over after you leave.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6168
Pack things up and leave.  Let them to fuck themselves, nobody cares.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Dead Wrong. There are over 150,000 US Armed Forces members that I would love to see you say that to their face. We do care, you obviously dont so STFU. Fucking bitches.

OP: The Iraqis will be asking us to pick up and leave the major security to their forces. Only a few places where we are actually the main force. Patience really is a virtue. Pray for patience, I dare you.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
"Get the Fuck out" is still valid.

For me staying one day in Iraq, means adding one month to total time "++".
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

Tripulaci0n wrote:

Hypothetical:

You're the President and which ever people (within the U.S. government) are needed to make things happen are behind you 100% of the way. The plan is to get out of Iraq as soon as humanely possible without ... you know ... just leaving. What can we do?

It's nice to say "let's get the FUCK out!" and bring up all sorts of points about why we shouldn't've been there in the first place, but what's that simple solution that Bush is so stubborn about then?

------------------

Again: Has nothing to do with the past. We're starting from TODAY with the current situation.
You can't for another 10-15 years, sorry bud.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6168

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Dead Wrong. There are over 150,000 US Armed Forces members that I would love to see you say that to their face. We do care, you obviously dont so STFU. Fucking bitches.

OP: The Iraqis will be asking us to pick up and leave the major security to their forces. Only a few places where we are actually the main force. Patience really is a virtue. Pray for patience, I dare you.
I didn't mean nobody cares about the Armed Forces, I meant nobody cares about Iraq.  Fuck 'em, let them fix themselves.
icecold2510
+31|6294

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

I didn't mean nobody cares about the Armed Forces, I meant nobody cares about Iraq.  Fuck 'em, let them fix themselves.
No, he meant our Armed Forces over their care about Iraq.  They wouldn't like it if they just pulled out and said fuck it would they?  They'd (our Armed Forces) would think it's a waste of their time and our money.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

i know people who haven't fired their weapons in quite some time over there.  i find it refreshing that other arabs got pissed at other arabs trying to stop progress.  that has helped a lot.  took too long, but the time has come.  now maybe they won't have to rebuild shit two to three times because some suicide bomber blew it up.
san4
The Mas
+311|6689|NYC, a place to live

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

icecold2510 wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

No, he meant our Armed Forces over their care about Iraq.  They wouldn't like it if they just pulled out and said fuck it would they?  They'd (our Armed Forces) would think it's a waste of lives.
More to the point.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

12/f/taiwan wrote:

any way to back that up or are you just going to say that all the time?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
51st state, anyone?   
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6168

icecold2510 wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

No, he meant our Armed Forces over their care about Iraq.  They wouldn't like it if they just pulled out and said fuck it would they?  They'd (our Armed Forces) would think it's a waste of their time and our money.
I bet some of them would like it if the US pulled out (just as some would not like it).  Thing is, its their country, their problem.  Not the problem of the US.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
That's a far cry from 'fuck them'.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

usmarine wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

No.

Explanation of things on this forum=big waste of time.
dan673
+46|5983

12/f/taiwan wrote:

lol, QFT
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

12/f/taiwan wrote:

usmarine wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

No.

while i agree with that, some may not like that in this section.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
I just rather risk getting an AWM then get sucked into arguing with someone who in the end will act as if he/she has won the debate and walk away without a single changed though on the subject.

Just look at Cameron/Braddock/lowing/flaming_maniac etc. post. You can predict who will say what in their debates almost every time.
Vax
+42|5853|Flyover country

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Tripulaci0n wrote:

Hypothetical:

------------------

I don't know but it looks like it might be a lot sooner than that, and it isn't up to bush (or mac, or obama)

Democracy means it's up to them

kind of amazing we have to ask the russians to please don't veto a UN extension, if we want to stay..
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

12/f/taiwan wrote:

I just rather risk getting an AWM then get sucked into arguing with someone who in the end will act as if he/she has won the debate and walk away without a single changed though on the subject.

Just look at Cameron/Braddock/lowing/flaming_maniac etc. post. You can predict who will say what in their debates almost every time.
Woah, almost 2 paragraphs. You better be careful or people will start to think you actually care about what the internet people think of you.

As for Iraq, train em till they can handle it, establish friendly diplomatic relations and leave.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Train more Iraqi policemen who will take over after you leave.
Policing is done by consent, not force.
The US and Iraqi govts need to engage with the various ethnic and religious groups and work out a deal which more or less satisfies everyone.
Not just pick one side and try to impose their will on the rest.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

I bet some of them would like it if the US pulled out (just as some would not like it).  Thing is, its their country, their problem.  Not the problem of the US.
That's funny, last time I checked, the invading countries created the problem in the first place by not preparing for the aftermath of the invasion. So yes, it is our problem, and yes, it is our responsibility.
Our Governments are taking responsibility for our their actions, whether we like it or not.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Donate billions of dollars of our modern weapons and aircraft and train them up on the systems for 9 months. That's the only quick solution.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Snake wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

That's funny, last time I checked, the invading countries created the problem in the first place by not preparing for the aftermath of the invasion. So yes, it is our problem, and yes, it is our responsibility.
Our Governments are taking responsibility for our their actions, whether we like it or not.
A) How do you prepare for the aftermath?  Do you think you can stop suicide bombers?  Not without a soldier every 5 feet.  You would need like 100 billion soldiers.

B) Something people forget.......the US DID consult with iraqis about the aftermath.  Less you forget there are tons living in the US and other countries since the first gulf war.

C) We tried to rebuild things in a timely matter, but other arabs (mostly not iraqi) keep blowing shit up.  Who's fault is that again?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard