CameronPoe
+2,925|6564
This interesting exercise by right-wing magazine 'The Economist' demonstrates how the world feels about America and in particular about American Republicans:

http://www.economist.com/vote2008/

Strangely Cuba is 'Leaning McCain'... and what about the 'Democratic' Republic of Congo, eh?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-10-22 12:41:05)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

Landslide for Obama
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
Wow that's interesting..
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Wonder if McCain has seen that
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Those 30 in the Congo probably are missionaries or similar with internet service.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

How are the Economist right wing? I've read it for years, never especially noticed a slant one way or the other. Sure the odd article you pick up on bias, but it's never consistently one way or the other.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

ghettoperson wrote:

How are the Economist right wing? I've read it for years, never especially noticed a slant one way or the other. Sure the odd article you pick up on bias, but it's never consistently one way or the other.
Because it's not decidedly left-leaning, most likely.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5973|London, England

I love China's 1900 electoral votes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6681|A sunburnt country
Here is the Australian sentiment (Punter is Australian slang for a Gambler):

Aussie punters not keen on McCain
13:46 AEST Thu Oct 23 2008

Australian punters are putting their money on Senator Barack Obama to win next month's US presidential election, squeezing his odds into just $1.10, bookmaker Sportingbet Australia says.

His Republican rival Senator John McCain is virtually friendless at $6.00.

"So confident are they of an Obama victory, a couple of Aussie punters have had hefty $50,000 bets on the Illinois Senator (Obama)," Sportingbet Australia chief executive Michael Sullivan said.

He said the weight of money on Senator Obama showed that as far as Australian punters were concerned "he is home and hosed".

"We did have a punter who was unable to resist the juicy odds of $6 in a two-horse race, and risked $5,000 on John McCain last week, but the bets are coming 10 for 1 in Obama's favour," he said.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker
What does Ireland think? It's so small I couldn't get it to register even when I turned the dpi down on my mouse.
Mutantbear

Stingray24 wrote:

What does Ireland think? It's so small I couldn't get it to register even when I turned the dpi down on my mouse.
87% Obama
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6527|USA
wtf is with the greatest country on the planet United States?
Obama 81%
McCain 19%

how am i supposed to take the rest of their projections seriously? kthanxbai.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

If this Global Election was only in the US it would mean only about 500 people voted.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
1) Obviously I don't understand something about this, because it says Obama has a 81% percent of the votes in the U.S.

2) I don't understand how someone can take this seriously from the perspective of an American voter. I don't really understand how you could possibly have a greater conflict of interest. You want what's best for your country, not ours.

I want a president that looks out for my interests and the interests of my country. I swear, if I have to hear any more crap about who the rest of the world wants us to elect I might just have to go mail copies of the U.S. Constitution and Dec. of Independence to you foreigners with all the parts about sovereignty and "do ordain this Constitution for the United States of America" highlighted.
Mutantbear

It seems like a blatant bias towards Obama but like Cam said its a right wing rag so I'm a bit confused

I don't think its taking every citizen into account, it might just be people voting on the site, not every person
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85

Mutantsteak wrote:

It seems like a blatant bias towards Obama but like Cam said its a right wing rag so I'm a bit confused

I don't think its taking every citizen into account, it might just be people voting on the site, not every person
Oh well fuck the fact that rich conservatives that do not mingle with us commoners and don't use the internet, and certainly don't vote in "what if" polls.
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6244|Texas
I remember when the economist was the magazine for the "intelligent right." It's sad seeing them do irrelevant polls, if you can call them polls.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Yellowman03 wrote:

I remember when the economist was the magazine for the "intelligent right." It's sad seeing them do irrelevant polls, if you can call them polls.
When was this?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

LOL at the red countries. They're all only just slightly leaning McCain, while the blues are landslides for Obama.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6768|San Antonio, Texas
Israel - McCain 32% Obama 68%?!?

Yellowman03
+108|6244|Texas

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

When was this?
Before the old writers either died or got replaced. The magazine wanted to appeal to more people, so they made their views more moderate. I hope Fox News never changes.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Yellowman03 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

When was this?
Before the old writers either died or got replaced. The magazine wanted to appeal to more people, so they made their views more moderate. I hope Fox News never changes.
You've read the Economist that long, eh?  Fair enough.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6352|tropical regions of london

Yellowman03 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

When was this?
you admit you like recieving your information skewed to one side?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

God Save the Queen wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

When was this?
He is saying nonsense that he probably heard somewhere else.
Yellowman03
+108|6244|Texas

God Save the Queen wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

When was this?
I like my information to come from the right side.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard