DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6152|Vancouver | Canada

chittydog wrote:

It's not like that at all. That comparison doesn't even make sense. All there is to experience about a song can be experienced by listening to it. Everything. You hear a song and you've done everything that can be done with it. A picture doesn't give you any experience of a country at all. You have to go there and see it, smell it, travel around and talk to the people. Countries have a million little aspects to them that a picture can't convey. A song has nothing to it outside of listening to it. A song doesn't even technically exist unless someone is listening to it.

I understand the example you're trying to give. You're trying to say people hear one rap song and discount the entire genre. But get real, I doubt that anyone who says they don't like rap has only listened to one song and made their judgement. It's been around for damn near 30 years now. Unless you live in some tribe in the Amazon, you've been inundated with rap for at least two decades. I've heard hundreds (maybe thousands) of country songs and hated every one of them.

You're still missing my point. When I say I hate country, I'm not claiming to be an expert on it, I'm only claiming my personal preference. My point is that I know my tastes in music and when I spout them out, I most definitely know what I'm talking about, just like everyone else in the entire world.
Yes, but all those people have been exposed to is the watered-down shit rap, like Lil Wayne and Soulja Boi.

I actually agree with them on that. The majority of rap artists you hear on the radio are complete shit, but what's played on the radio is about...5% of rap music.

How many rap haters have heard any Wu-Tang, Gang Starr, Jurassic 5, Mobb Deep, Redman, De La Soul, Big Daddy Kane, etc etc etc?

Edit: Here, do some comparing yourself:

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-10-17 22:51:50)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6634|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Okay, I understand at 100%, and im with you when you say that you don't like rap... 

I don't think we can argue on tastes.

Still instead of saying : '' Nah I don't like this kind of music, it's not my type'' people will say :

usmarine wrote:

sucks
or

TheAussieReaper wrote:

fail music
Can't wait for the day people on this site will say:

usmarine (or anybody else) wrote:

Sorry i don't like this kind of music but could be good for rap fans
That was my point

Last edited by Andoura (2008-10-17 22:50:04)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6831|Kubra, Damn it!

DefCon-17 wrote:

Yes, but all those people have been exposed to is the watered-down shit rap, like Lil Wayne and Soulja Boi.

I actually agree with them on that. The majority of rap artists you hear on the radio are complete shit, but what's played on the radio is about...5% of rap music.

How many rap haters have heard any Wu-Tang, Gang Starr, Jurassic 5, Mobb Deep, Redman, De La Soul, Big Daddy Kane, etc etc etc?
Probably almost none. I don't really blame them, though. If you all you knew of Mexican food was frozen burritos and Taco Bell, you probably wouldn't have much interest in learning more about the quality stuff.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

chittydog wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Probably almost none. I don't really blame them, though. If you all you knew of Mexican food was frozen burritos and Taco Bell, you probably wouldn't have much interest in learning more about the quality stuff.
Actually, I probably would.

Not to sound like some moronic non-conformist, but I try not to be part of the whole "sheeple" thing.

To be honest, the country songs I've heard were horrible, but I'm not close-minded enough to think country sucks because of that. I'm just not interested enough to delve deeper into country music, so I'm neutral on it.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641

chittydog wrote:

You don't have to know anything about a type of music to make a decision whether or not you like it. You hear it, and either you like it or you don't. I don't know shit about country music and don't care to learn because that shit makes my fucking ears bleed. When I say that, it doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about, because all I'm talking about is my opinion that country sucks. I am an expert on my opinion and therefore DO know what I'm talking about.
hahah I definitely agree /thread this statement is pure gold "you don't have to know anything about a type of music to make a decision whether or not you like it. You hear it, and either you like it or you don't. "
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6542
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
ParadoXic
+11|5731|Vancouver, Canada
"You don't have to know anything about a type of music to make a decision whether or not you like it"... How ironic is that?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

usmarine wrote:

ya...boo hoo "i grew up on 8 mile."  well cleveland was not palm springs either.  get over it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
Eminem was good during his Slim Shady days, then he went all emo and shit.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Eminem was good during his Slim Shady days, then he went all emo and shit.
Lies, everyone wants to know about his mom and daughter.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6658|USA
I though tit was to be called "king mathers"
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6658|USA

usmarine wrote:

usmarine wrote:

ya...boo hoo "i grew up on 8 mile."  well cleveland was not palm springs either.  get over it.
Hater
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6503
why/how do people like this song?

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I though tit was to be called "king mathers"
Yup, I heard this also, seems like it was just rumors...

Source: http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/10160 … -year.html
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Canadianloser wrote:

why/how do people like this song?

"Why/how do people like Lil Wayne?" would be a better question.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
You diss Eminem when you don't even know what he does and do...

he does not always rap about money, cars, clothes, weed, hoes etc... Yes he have some songs where he is having fun like ''my name is''  ''the real slim shady'' ''without me''  but you can't compare his music style to other rapers that always raps about cars, hoes, money and drugs...

Here is ONE example:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard