ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6471|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
About 8 months ago, i ate pretty much what i wanted and still stayed slim and have a pretty nice stomach, now i am doing weight training, lots of sit ups (at the work gym) and i walk for 1:30 hours a day, but i seem to be putting on weight on the stomach. Im eating much heathier (i dont eat chocolate or crisps and i dont drink), to try and get rid of excess fat but still get the calories to burn for the weights...Im only just turned 20, everything else on my body is nice and toned, but my stomach seems to be getting bigger!
When i tense up i can see my pack, but when i let go its quite a bulge and its disturbing me, i work really hard on it!

I eat:
Cereals and fruits for breakfast
Fruit as snacks
4 sandwiches for dinner with lots of fruit
and more fruit as snacks after i workout
and a large meal at 6 or 7, then i wont eat anything until the next morning.

Why is this happening?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6623|Canada
too much fruit. fruits have a ton of sugars in them, and if you eat too much, then its like eating sweets.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6744|The United Center
Sandwiches and cereal both have a lot of grains in them which means you're eating a lot of carbohydrates.  Although they're good for your body, too much of them and your body will store them to use as energy later.

Either cut out a bit of the carbs...or do more cardio.  Situps will develop muscle but they won't decrease fat.  Try running or jogging to get your heart rate up, or if you'd prefer (since it's better for your knees) biking.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

instead of walking, try something that keeps your BPM at a little less than your target rate (maybe about 80%)
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
Try exercising.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6457|UK
You can't spot reduce fat?
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6226|NSW, Australia

lipo-suction
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6649|pimelteror.de

ELITE-UK wrote:

Why is this happening?
you´re from england. it´s in you.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

wah1188 wrote:

no, that's one of the biggest myths
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

It's the beer.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
I think you're metabolism is getting into the normal category rather than fast. Mines till at fast, and I need to put on weight quickly for the Army BMI test. I put on 2 pounds in like a month which is bad...

I'd get to the gym on a multi trainer, then a bike, then the treadmill. Mix it up with some strength work in between.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6457|UK

haffeysucks wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

no, that's one of the biggest myths
You sure?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa72.htm
http://ezinearticles.com/?Help-to-Reduc … mp;id=6628
http://www.formerfatguy.com/fatloss/200 … fat-on.asp
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6718|Sydney, Australia
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
Yeah, I remember reading about something like that before. It's all about intensity rather than length/time period. That looks pretty intense though. You'd obviously have to build up to it before you could do it full whack.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah, I remember reading about something like that before. It's all about intensity rather than length/time period. That looks pretty intense though. You'd obviously have to build up to it before you could do it full whack.
That'd work the same on an exercise bike right?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643
Solution:
1)Eat a big filling breakfast everyday
2)Workout till you throw it all up
3)...
4)Sixpack
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

3)...
This is always the hardest bit imo
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

No. This is what you are doing:

You think that basic weight training and sit ups, crunches and the sort will give you a lovely stomach.... they don't. You, first of all, need to shed off ALL the fat from your stomach... When I say that, I mean you can only have like a few MM of skin on top of your stomach. Why? Because if you have a bit of fat over the stomach, doing these excercises will NOT reduce that fat, but just build the muscle UNDERNEATH your stomach. So, essentially, it looks like your stomach is getting larger. You are still building your abdominals, but you can't see it because you still have puppy fat around the waist. You need to eat carefully and make sure you do a lot of cardio before you can start to have a nice stomach. Don't worry, that nice six pack is there, you just cannot see it because of the fat.

It's something many beginners get wrong. They think that doing weight training and excercising the stomach immediately will allow them to lose that fat and build on the abdomen. You cannot simply do that. You need to do rigorous cardio and eat very healthily ( less than normal ) to lose that fat. No other way.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6385|New York
Your metabolism is sloooooooooowwwwwwwing down. Welcome to the club.

Also, try more cardio, that'll get down the extra flub you're trying to get rid of. As others have said, the situps just put on more muscle, they won't slim you down.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6738|OctoLand
Seems like you have a pretty irregular eating pattern too, where is lunch? and nothing after 6pm?

Whenever you eat in patterns like that, it can slow your metabolism down.

Also, way too much fruit, try veg instead.
I know fucking karate
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6646|Washington DC

Zimmer wrote:

It's something many beginners get wrong. They think that doing weight training and excercising the stomach immediately will allow them to lose that fat and build on the abdomen. You cannot simply do that. You need to do rigorous cardio and eat very healthily ( less than normal ) to lose that fat. No other way.
Actually, when I first started weight training (and not also watching what I ate), I gained muscle ... but I also gained fat.  The weight training must trigger something in your body to desire or want more food.

Only once I learned to be meticulous about what I ate did I begin getting rid of the fat.  I now know how many calories I need in a day to maintain weight.  I keep a log of what I eat to regulate the calories that I put into me.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

Welcome to the world of adulthood. Metabolism goes down, you get fat. It's the natural order of things. Grab a beer and live with it
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643

OrangeHound wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Actually, when I first started weight training (and not also watching what I ate), I gained muscle ... but I also gained fat.  The weight training must trigger something in your body to desire or want more food.

Only once I learned to be meticulous about what I ate did I begin getting rid of the fat.  I now know how many calories I need in a day to maintain weight.  I keep a log of what I eat to regulate the calories that I put into me.
My appetite didn't really change at all due to weight training. Teenagers just like to eat a lot in general.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6484|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
You need to do more cardio. Walking is ok, but does not burn the sugars you are talking in.

You also have to take into account that you will gain weight before you loose it, muscle weighs more than fat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard