Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5770|loves Stimey <3 |
Guys, I'm so angry right now. If you don't like rage threads or if you don't care, this is your point of leaving the thread.

As for the facts,
-I'm 15.
-Living with both parents at home.
-Having 2 week vacations till Monday

What you may want to know, the fucking problem is my parents view of the internet. They tell me all day that I'm bitchy, have a bad mood or that I never go downstairs. They tell me that I sit too long in front of my screen, that's even right, but I fucking have vacations and 0 of my mates are here. I don't know what to do, seriously. I've been out for jogging, practiced dancing (with youtube tutorials) and mostly I've been playing games (20 hours the last week), designing stuff, editing photographs or just browsing the web. The problem is, I don't know what else to do and they always tell me that I'm playing too long, doing nothing for school.

I fucking work for school, but how would they know it if they never come to my room?
I fucking sit in front of my computer, because my dream is to become a fucking websdesigner when I'm older.
I fucking sit lots of hours in front of my pc, because I even spend hours on being on the social network of my city or being on MSN.

How the fuck could I go out if everyone was on holiday? When I ask them, they answer with sentences like "See, playing games makes you that dumb, you don't even know anymore what to do?"

I mean wtf, just because they have problems right now, why let it out all on me?
Raphi, tomorrow you won't go on your computer in the morning, and we'll see howmuch time you'll spend in the afternoon. When you get to school, you'll only have 1 hour a day.

I mean, wtf? Alone reading social network messages, reading emails or listening to my suicide-mate on msn what he's got to tell me takes that long not even mentioned gaming or designing stuff. I couldn't even download something in that time. I know on some days before a exam or something I wont go online but restrict it? There are some days I have nothing to do ect.

What could I do in that time? Oh wow, I could learn for school. I could go out (with mates that are +~500km away)

And the best thing is, my other mate returned from his Germany trip and we talked about going to a hip hop jam in a near city. You know what they tell me? Raphael, you're just too young for that (age limit is 15 ffs). HOW WOULD I FUCKING BE ABLE TO GO OUT IF YOU DON'T ALLOW ME TO.

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF NOONE IS HERE.

WHAT SHOULD I DO IN THE MORNING WHEN THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO.

HOW CAN I BE A WEBDESIGNER IF I CAN'T USE MY PC.

HOW CAN I EVEN ASK PEOPLE TO GO OUT WITHOUT MSN, NETWORK OR MY iPHONE.

TELL ME.

What I get is a "no discussion", all the time.

Does anyone else have parents like that? I was thinking about ragequitting the internet just to show them that I can do it but why would I stop something that kills time and makes fun (i.e. designing websites and stuff)?

/rant

edit: even our freaking teachers send us email's to anounce changes in the lessons and stuff and I need wikipedia for all my essays-.-

edit V2: I'm on girlhunt right now. I need something else than the net to consume my time

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-10-10 14:19:36)

Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Parents are like that all the time, you just have to wait until you get older and wont have to deal with thier bitching.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

I love my parents. They tell me the same things, and I know i need to cut down on internet time. It's because they care for you.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

Roc18 wrote:

Parents are like that all the time, you just have to wait until you get older and wont have to deal with thier bitching.
3 years to go.

PS: Roc, you look sexy

And gooners, I know that. I just don't like the way they do it

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-10-10 14:18:46)

Wallpaper
+303|5985|The pool

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Does anyone else have parents like that?
Mmmmyup. I do know I need to spend way less time on the computer, but (mostly my mom) wont let me go anywhere to do anything besides the mall and... Biking around the neighborhood (oh yes, loads of wholesome fun and excercise. After a swimming workout, no thanks). I would go to the mall, but its small and none of my friends live close enough to meet me there. So I play games/talk to friends all day on the computer, and she tries to limit gaming time because its "bad for your brain". She seems to think it would be better for me to sit and watch TV instead

Im getting my permit soon (held off a while for various reasons) but even then I wont be able to go places very often cause one of them will have to be in the passengers seat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6733|London

Get your parents to sign up on bf2s and read this thread, and we'll convince em not to be such douchebags.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5922|Somewhere out in Space

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

3 years to go.

PS: Roc, you look sexy

And gooners, I know that. I just don't like the way they do it
Just sounds like a bunch of naive little shits if you ask me.  The classic stuck-in-the-80's mom/dad, but dont think anyone else had a perfect family though.  At least i could convince them that its better than going out and doing stupid shit, now they basically leave me alone.  Just be ignorant in return, cold shoulder, etc., show them how you feel you are being treated.  I know it sounds histrionic to guilt trip them, but it sounds like they need a wake-up call, and nothing works better.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

"girlhunt"? Are you truly that desperate?

Find evidence that shows that gamers are healthier than most other human beings ( BBC, I believe, has an article on it ) and prove them wrong.
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6372|Bromley, London

My parents said the same things about 3-4 years ago. I am 18 now, almost 19. They said I will never succeed if I carry on being on the PC and playing my games. They make me stupid etc. etc. Just stick it out and show them you can do something good. Once you have that "trophy," Just shove it in there face the next time they say something. Its what I did and eventually they got off my back.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

Dauntless wrote:

Get your parents to sign up on bf2s and read this thread, and we'll convince em not to be such douchebags.
No chance, BF2 IS KILLING PEOPLE WITH KNIVES

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Just sounds like a bunch of naive little shits if you ask me.  The classic stuck-in-the-80's mom/dad, but dont think anyone else had a perfect family though.  At least i could convince them that its better than going out and doing stupid shit, now they basically leave me alone.  Just be ignorant in return, cold shoulder, etc., show them how you feel you are being treated.  I know it sounds histrionic to guilt trip them, but it sounds like they need a wake-up call, and nothing works better.
Yeah, I'm about to break some rules and ignore them.

Zimmer wrote:

"girlhunt"? Are you truly that desperate?

Find evidence that shows that gamers are healthier than most other human beings ( BBC, I believe, has an article on it ) and prove them wrong.
Yes, I am and there are a few girls I like. I don't care anymore about seriousness I just want to have fun right now.

"They don't care about what others say." {~quote}

teek22 wrote:

My parents said the same things about 3-4 years ago. I am 18 now, almost 19. They said I will never succeed if I carry on being on the PC and playing my games. They make me stupid etc. etc. Just stick it out and show them you can do something good. Once you have that "trophy," Just shove it in there face the next time they say something. Its what I did and eventually they got off my back.
What was/is your trophy?

They can never stop telling me that I'll fail everything. The last school - I got to the good school. Last year - I passed. This year - I'm going to pass hopefully. But everytime I have to hear that I'll fail stuff n shit
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
All the same here..3 years ago that is.

"They don't care about what others say."
Ya right, they don't care about what others say, UNLESS they can use it against you.

Last edited by RDMC (2008-10-10 14:44:52)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD
lol
i wasn't allowed to play video games on weekday nights until early this year

all i can say is get used to it, unless you'd rather rent out an apartment yourself. thank god i'm only here for 8 more months.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6662|UK
i wasnt allowed to play video games full stop...i got the "it will make you dumb" and so i missed the whole SEGA megadrive SNES thing.

i went out and played footy all day instead.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6436|Lisburn, NI
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7621412.stm##

If you want it.

I had the same thing too, but I just explained that it's what I want to do, it's not bad for me and I do talk to other people, by typing and by talking to them.
Best one is "Would you rather I went out drinking every day or took drugs (that you know about lolol)?"

Basically they say "okay, you're right" or they obv dont care about their child. (That was meant to be in a kinda retort way, not saying your parents dont care for you or anything.... >.>)

Last edited by ilinear (2008-10-10 14:55:07)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London
My parents used to whine about me playing games.

Then I got into med school and they shutup.
Defiance
+438|6662

Do your chores, do your homework, do everything they ask you and do it right. Do this consistently and tell them that you deserve your time to do with what you wish.

Basically, come out to them that you're gay. They obviously have some pre-determined notion of who you ought to be, the problem is that you are not that person. That aside, tell them they can't choose what you do for leisure just because it's not what they would.

I don't have parents as draconian as you make yours sound, but my mom was never and isn't ever happy that I spend so much time on my computer. She doesn't like violent games and jumped in horror when I showed her Crysis. Specifically, the "grab the north-Korean by the throat" move. She thinks it detracts from school. Grades, tests and my behavior show her I'm not fulfilling any of her worries, so while she can't not think about those things, she doesn't bug me about them.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6689

I remember if anything went wrong, it was the Internet's fault. Good times.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

m3thod wrote:

i wasnt allowed to play video games full stop...i got the "it will make you dumb" and so i missed the whole SEGA megadrive SNES thing.

and what would u had rather done
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6662|UK

Gooners wrote:

m3thod wrote:

i wouldnt have minded be able to play 'some' games, fuck i was the loser that couldnt join in the video games conversations at school!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

m3thod wrote:

Gooners wrote:

m3thod wrote:

i wouldnt have minded be able to play 'some' games, fuck i was the loser that couldnt join in the video games conversations at school!
yeah... my parents dont want me to play any games that involve shooting because they think it makes me aggressive. but its all about the balance
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5922|Somewhere out in Space

m3thod wrote:

Gooners wrote:

m3thod wrote:

"Hey guys i was playing WoW last night and x happened so y did this and z was the result so we all fucking lolled"

no really, that is all i hear.

WoW is for fags.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada
Find a paintball field in your area.

I can't keep track of who is who when you're all being constantly perm-banned, but if you are who I think you are: Go take more pics.

srsly
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6471|Somewhere else

The way things are currently, is that your parents don't understand the internet.

Try to explain to them about the internet/computers.... here is a good analogy:

tell them to research about the opinions of people when "electricity" was introduced.

There was a large pool of people who talked down about electricity.  Where are we now?... exactly.

The future, as of now, is the capabilities of the internet and computers.  You should stress that to them.  The internet/computer use in everyday society has no comparison in history, on top of that, look at it's current use.  It is in everyday life.  even cell phones are into the internet.

Tell your parents to find ONE ONE ONE company that DOES NOT use internet/computers ON A DAILY BASIS for standard operations.

Tell them that you understand their point of view (AND YOU SHOULD) but also ask them to try to look at yours.   tell them to try to look at it from a point of view as extra credit, or even researching further, what your school is teaching you.... cause really, that is the truth.  By learning computers in your spare time, you are essentially learning skills that will DIRECTLY apply to a career.

try to tell them that internet savvy is about as important as any degree.    STAY CALM and BE RATIONAL when talking to them.   But ask them STERNLY to research and answer YOUR RETORTS, and ask them to prove you wrong.  If your parents are reasonable, they will maybe see the truth of it all.

keep in mind that your parents mean well, and even though they are your parents, they don't know EVERYTHING.  Don't act that way though.  NO PARENT will tolerate their own child correcting them.   Just offer them some ideas and view points to your side of the opinion.

Acting calm and mature is your best weapon against them.  Acting like an adult will/should get you the best, adult responses.

Then again, your parents might be closed minded freaks, and if that is the case, there is no help that ALL OF the internets can offer to save you from willfully ignorant parents.  IF that is the case, godspeed and get out as soon as you can.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6123|Scotland!
It's clear they just want a son who's less of a nerd.

Its fair to accept parents being scared their son is turning into a socially retarded shut-in.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5675|SQUID
THey don't want their kid to become a hacker on steroids or a social pariah. Just tell them you've got nothing better to do and all your friends are away.

Also: Parents know best.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard