h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
I downloaded RA the other day and now I cant delete the .iso from the soviet disk from my desktop. Have restarted etc. serveral times. Any suggestions?

karma for (good) help.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6709|Devon, England
Is it mounted with Daemon Tools are anything?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6586|NYC / Hamburg

safe mode
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6602|England
Unlocker
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6689|UK
just reset your pc and then delete it.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5714|Adelaide, Australia

max wrote:

safe mode
0akleaves
+183|6632|Newcastle UK

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Unlocker
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
Ill try an unlocker, thanks for the replys.
GAH!
Its still there! Unlocker just says "could not be deleted, do you want object to be deleted at next reboot?"
select yes, reboot, still there. : /

Last edited by h4hagen (2008-10-01 17:13:00)

0akleaves
+183|6632|Newcastle UK
just google unlocker, worked many a times for me unlockers the name of the program
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
Ill try again tommorrow, as well as safe mod. mebe Im cursed by mah 666 days.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

Restart in safe mode, and then delete the file.

Another simple solution is to try renaming it and then deleting it.

Still no luck? OK, here is the best trick of all. Most sites give you cryptic Windows registry and DOS commands to remove a file, but the answer is so much simpler. Get a copy of MoveOnBoot. It's free and this simple tool allows you to Move, Copy or Delete files before Windows can lock or alter the files. The changes are made to your hard drive before Windows starts, hence it requires a restart of your system after you give MoveOnBoot its instructions. There are no messy boot or DOS commands, just a simple 3-step process.

Step 1: Locate the name of the file that is causing your problems.

Step 2: Decide if you want to copy, move or delete the file.

Step 3. Choose a destination for moving the file, or a new file name for the rename option (this option won't appear if you are deleting a file).

Click OK to confirm you want to process. The nice thing is that the program doesn't make you reboot straight away. It's a good idea to reboot ASAP, but if you are in the middle of something and want to wait, the program will simply run next time you start Windows.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5866|one windy city
get a new PC, the old one is already obsolete anyways
Afroman.exe
Banned
Just outta curiosity..whats the file called
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

never mind all that other stuff ... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi … 96653.aspx

Close processes and even close the files other process have handles on with killing the actual process.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-10-01 18:53:50)

mikkel
+383|6619
Get Process Explorer, go to Find -> Find Handle or DLL, then enter the name of the file in the search field. It'll tell you which process is maintaining an open handle to the file in question.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
The file is called: CD2_SOVIET_DISC.iso
Its from Red Alert 1 that EA is giving out free. Ill try process explorer and aussies ideas, thanks for replys all.
Afroman.exe
Banned
u sure u have un mounted it....sounds like the file is still locked somewhere
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6373|England - Kent
Are you "sharing" it?
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
Its not shared (im the only one who uses this computer - btw its not old, its this: http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668123.php), not sure about mounting and how to check. Really appreciate the help all, more karma when it recharges.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6586|NYC / Hamburg

Just delete it from safe mode. Simple and fast solution
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6697|In You Endo- Stoke
As an .iso is a dvd image you normally use a tool to be able to act as though the disc is in your drive.
If the .iso is being used by a program like daemon tools it will not let you delete it.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
SOVIET DISKS BE CRUSHING MAH COMPUTERS!!!!!

Nothing works! I may reformat, I hate that file.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
ah, managed to get rid of it by uninstalling magic disk/
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6457|King Of The Islands

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Restart in safe mode, and then delete the file.

Another simple solution is to try renaming it and then deleting it.

Still no luck? OK, here is the best trick of all. Most sites give you cryptic Windows registry and DOS commands to remove a file, but the answer is so much simpler. Get a copy of MoveOnBoot. It's free and this simple tool allows you to Move, Copy or Delete files before Windows can lock or alter the files. The changes are made to your hard drive before Windows starts, hence it requires a restart of your system after you give MoveOnBoot its instructions. There are no messy boot or DOS commands, just a simple 3-step process.

Step 1: Locate the name of the file that is causing your problems.

Step 2: Decide if you want to copy, move or delete the file.

Step 3. Choose a destination for moving the file, or a new file name for the rename option (this option won't appear if you are deleting a file).

Click OK to confirm you want to process. The nice thing is that the program doesn't make you reboot straight away. It's a good idea to reboot ASAP, but if you are in the middle of something and want to wait, the program will simply run next time you start Windows.
Here y'are.
https://www.wpclipart.com/money/sack_o_cash.png
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard