What's in it?
Any problems with it?
Should I download it?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6361

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

Probably a good idea. It'll likely fix some security issues like the other service packs have.
jsnipy
+3,276|6572|...

no issues here
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5745|Adelaide, Australia
There has been some know issues with Active Sync and programs like that and i also think that microsoft is bringing out some new programs that support service pack 2 and BELOW not above, in an attempt to push more ppl to Vista

Not 100% sure on that tho, maybe im just paranoid
Wallpaper
+303|6043|The pool
When I installed it on my laptop it would cause it to (fairly often) make the System (NOT the System Idle Process) process consume 100% of my CPU power after hibernation or standby. Not sure if its a wide spread problem though
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6502|The Twilight Zone

jsnipy wrote:

no issues here
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6766|Riva, MD
With all but one installation of it that I have done, it has desynchronized some sort of Microsoft thing, which means you can't install any Windows updates or install Windows Live messenger.

Fortunately I made a thread asking about how to fix this and got an answer and it's worked every time I've had this problem.

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Try this.

1. Open a command prompt.
2. Type NET STOP WUAUSERV and press Enter. Wait for the notice that service stopped.
3. Type REGSVR32 %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WUPS2.DLL and wait for the message that the dll was registered.
4. Type NET START WUAUSERV and press Enter.  Wait for the message that the service was started.
5. Try installing your updates.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6512|cuntshitlake

Installing it just made my bootup time 10 seconds longer and increased the time it takes to open FF by 5 seconds (from 1 second)

I won't install it next time when prompted to.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
CrazeD
+368|6722|Maine

_j5689_ wrote:

With all but one installation of it that I have done, it has desynchronized some sort of Microsoft thing, which means you can't install any Windows updates or install Windows Live messenger.

Fortunately I made a thread asking about how to fix this and got an answer and it's worked every time I've had this problem.

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Try this.

1. Open a command prompt.
2. Type NET STOP WUAUSERV and press Enter. Wait for the notice that service stopped.
3. Type REGSVR32 %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WUPS2.DLL and wait for the message that the dll was registered.
4. Type NET START WUAUSERV and press Enter.  Wait for the message that the service was started.
5. Try installing your updates.
I've installed it several times and have never had that problem...

Maybe you got a bugged version or something.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6879|Denver colorado
I`m at my school right now. I installed service pack 3 on my laptop at home. I think I didn`t disable my nod32 so something effed up and my laptop isnt able to use a browser correctly. 

I`m going to use system restore to roll back a few days earlier. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Ill try again when I have properly shut down all other processes and programs and then tell you how it goes.

In my case is a system restore the best idea?

Email ur reply back asap.
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5745|Adelaide, Australia
SP3 creates a restore point right b4 the install....just roll back to that and it will be like it never changed
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
Thanks mate. class just ended. Ill catch you on the flipside.
csmag
+92|6496|Canada
You should be fine if you have an intel proc anyways. I see no harm in upgrading.
baggs
+732|6253
My experience with an SP3 installation was a repeated BSOD and restart cycle, only cured by spending an hour getting into safe mode and managing a system restore, quite annoying.

But anyone i've spoken to about SP3 since then have told me never install SP3 via the windows auto update function, just download it manually and install. Apparently then, its a perfect, problem free installation.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

Last edited by baggs (2008-09-30 03:28:59)

lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
nod32 told me that the service pack changed a file and asked me if I would allow it. After I allowed it everything works now.

No need to system restore.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6278|NSW, Australia

first time i installed it, it fucked all my games, rollback didnt work so i rerformatted and installed it first, and everything was fine

but ive swapped laptops and had to reformat again so this time i stuck with sp2
Benzin
+576|6048
Never installed it here on my Acer (I don't think, I can't remember TBH) but I did it on my EEE PC 900 and I've never had a problem with it at all.
Defiance
+438|6720

Never had a problem with it.

Install it.
GR34
+215|6594|ALBERTA> CANADA

.Sup wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

no issues here
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6785|Salt Lake City

When I found the resolution that _j posted it was because the issue was appearing, but randomly.  I haven't had the issue with every install, but have yet to find out why some systems do have the issue and others do not.  I have SP3 downloaded on my file server, and have installed from the Windows update function, and have had the issue appear both ways.  However, I have not had any issues, like crashing (BSOD) or lockups.

The reason I like SP3 is because, as an IT person, it includes most of the major updates that were released after SP2.  When I restore a system now I don't have to download 100+ updates from MS to finish the installation.  Now it's around 20-25 including any office updates.  This saves me loads of time on system restores.
Dex Luther
+32|6487|Canukastan
I used to be able to play BF2142 at medium-low settings with absolutely no problems at all. After installing SP3 the game is completely unplayable even at absolute low settings and the resolution set to the minimum available.

The game is jerky and other players skip across the screen. The only way the game is somewhat playable is to sit way off to the side somewhere as a sniper, and that sucks. I have no unlocks for that kit.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping the 2 month old thread.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2008-11-21 15:34:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard