GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
I've been playing since 2005, It's still pretty fun me just getting back into it, I mean theres a learning curve in it, it feels like CSS but a little more realistic (as far as getting shot, bleeding, the training, CEM, etc...)

For people who dont know what it is: It's a FPS by the US Army, its basically trying to recruit people or send some type of message, and its free.

www.americasarmy.com

/\ Some gameplay

If your looking for something fun to get into then this is a pretty cool game, quite a bit different than a lot of other FPS's out there, but most people give up in the first hour, they dont like the training or the tests (hell, the medical test helped me stop my mom from bleeding out after slamming a whine glass through her hand  [slipping and catching herself on it in her hands] 2.5 hour drive from Liberia, the shit capital of Costa Rica in the middle of NOWHERE)

Anyone else play? Like I said, been playing since 2005 and am 52 honor
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5666|Adelaide, Australia
Yea i've played it before, passed all the trainings even the special forces one. The main reason i stopped was casue it wouldnt let you change your controls.  This problem still exist or am i blind?

When i stopped i was around 25 honor.

Hooah soldier
GodFather
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

Afroman.exe wrote:

Yea i've played it before, passed all the trainings even the special forces one. The main reason i stopped was casue it wouldnt let you change your controls.  This problem still exist or am i blind?

When i stopped i was around 25 honor.

Hooah soldier
Settings > Configuration > Controls

You can change everything... Idk what version you were on but It's always been able to do it as long as ive been playing
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5666|Adelaide, Australia
ZOMG!!!!!  you mean i been playing with the default controls when i didnt need 2..................oh mannnnnnnnn

maybe its time to crank out the old AA again
GodFather
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

Afroman.exe wrote:

ZOMG!!!!!  you mean i been playing with the default controls when i didnt need 2..................oh mannnnnnnnn

maybe its time to crank out the old AA again
Add me to xfire Ill be down tomorrow (bout 5-6 MST or something)
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6566|Michigan, USA
I recently reinstalled, and realized why I stopped playing, I can't take haf the maps anymore, especially bridge, 203 spam right at the start is such crap, makes me wanna tear my hair out.  I also can't stand the rounds that go on forever, spend 15 minutes waiting for the afk guy to be killed, tons of fun.

That said I still am a fan of the game, used to play it a ton with a few friends, Ive aced every training mission, even the firing range(although the new firing range is extreamly easy to get 40/40 on, wasn't before.  Think im an honor level 42 or something, don't play it anymore, only on the very off chance my one friend wants to play other then that it lies dormant.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6407|Brisbane, Australia
it gold old.

I hear AA 3.0 is coming out soon on the unreal 3 engine. All free of course, ill re-download then.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'll get the one with the U3 engine. I missed the first boat entirely because in the early version I tried, my character kept getting stuck IN the terrain during training.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

nah, the multiplayer blows.  rounds end WAY too fast.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I remember playing this a long time ago in 2005 or something. I didn't really like it. Too much crappy spraying CQC that pissed me off. That was in 2005 though, I found the game to be unrealistic and crap. Might be better nowadays.
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6621|United States
I haven't played this game in months.  What version do I need to download?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
Its pretty cool, specially for a free game.

But when I played it it was almost impossible to find an active server that let low ranked players in.
When I did find a game it was that fucking bridge level, nothing but people throwing grenades from one side to the other and its near impossible to move up because the defending team is just sitting there with sniper rifles.
r2zoo
+126|6566|Michigan, USA

VicktorVauhn wrote:

But when I played it it was almost impossible to find an active server that let low ranked players in.
When I did find a game it was that fucking bridge level, nothing but people throwing grenades from one side to the other and its near impossible to move up because the defending team is just sitting there with sniper rifles.
Sort of the point of the map, defense is supposed to camp and make sure you don't get across, but most matches end up with defense rushing the assualt forces because they just sit and camp.

As for the low honor level thing, pretty common, gets really annoying some games where a newbies snags the sniper and can barely shoot, waste of a good weapon.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

usmarine wrote:

nah, the multiplayer blows.  rounds end WAY too fast.
Sometimes, but so much more often rounds do not end until the time limit because some little pansy is stupid/scared of having his character die and wanders around only to get shout anyway. It's even worse when these types of players are AFK (my least favorite instance being people who stay in the plane for the airborne missions). God, I now remember why I quit playing that game.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

r2zoo wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Sort of the point of the map, defense is supposed to camp and make sure you don't get across, but most matches end up with defense rushing the assualt forces because they just sit and camp.

As for the low honor level thing, pretty common, gets really annoying some games where a newbies snags the sniper and can barely shoot, waste of a good weapon.
I know that the point of the map is for defenders to camp, and in general I have no problem with defenders camping... Most games I wish the defenders would do that more often, its what they should be doing...

Still makes for a shitty experience IMO, due to the absolute lack of options on that map.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

I used to play it before I bought BF2
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

use top d but i got well boed in fact the only rason i played it in the first palce was bcause jord acked me to
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

I played it once, didn't like it.
r2zoo
+126|6566|Michigan, USA

VicktorVauhn wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I know that the point of the map is for defenders to camp, and in general I have no problem with defenders camping... Most games I wish the defenders would do that more often, its what they should be doing...

Still makes for a shitty experience IMO, due to the absolute lack of options on that map.
My thoughts as well, Mostly play the co-op maps now, more fun rushing in with the 20mm grenade launching humvee blowing ai up then it is playing "dodge the grenades spam"
Brasso
+1,549|6600

i finished all the trainings, then decided i didnt like my name.  bad decision.  i mistyped the email address and hit enter, and as i was doing so, said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in slow motion.  the account was registered to the wrong email address and i was never able to play again.  i contacted support 3 different times with no response.

i think you know the story though, i might have told you a couple years back.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

haffeysucks wrote:

i finished all the trainings, then decided i didnt like my name.  bad decision.  i mistyped the email address and hit enter, and as i was doing so, said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in slow motion.  the account was registered to the wrong email address and i was never able to play again.  i contacted support 3 different times with no response.

i think you know the story though, i might have told you a couple years back.
That sucks
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
MECtallica
+73|6474|jalalabad
I got up to around special forces training and gave up, apparently im clearly visible in bushes and behind trees, prone, not moving
r2zoo
+126|6566|Michigan, USA

MECtallica wrote:

I got up to around special forces training and gave up, apparently im clearly visible in bushes and behind trees, prone, not moving
Early on the whole thing was super glitchy, you had to follow a very specfic path to pass it(I had to use a guide personally)  Now though its a fair bit easier, now that the bugginess got ironed out(I have since beat SF without a guide )
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6164|Schofield Barracks
can beat the sf training
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

MECtallica wrote:

Same here.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard