CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6101|Carnoustie MASSIF
I'ts been bugging me the past couple of days, what do you guys out there do for a living? You all seem to have better computers thatn me so where do you make your money?
I'll start:

I'm a sales advisor with Bt, I get phone calls and I'm expected to sell stuff to the customers. This ia only part time as I'm at college studying Business Management,
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

Tesco, it's fair LEGION.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

TNT Logistics Driver
internship with a Communication company (Communication & Multimedia Design (college)

and I worked at Royal Dutch Shell also during summer break. (0600 1400 Shell, 1500 2000 TNT)

worky worky...

now it's college during the day and evening it's driving shit around The Hague for TNT.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

I'm a lawyer
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6505|Valhalla
2nd Line Support for me.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6193|Brisneyland
Research Assistant, or Scientific Technical officer.
Work in a lab extracting DNA from blood and then sending it away for genotyping ( amongst other things). Pay OK, job security average ( think carefully before taking a career in science folks). Work varies from vaugely interesting to mind numbingly boring.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
Studying electronic engineering.
Have a part time job as a school caretaker.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5970|The Mitten
Working at my school's theater when I'm not in class.
EE (hats
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
i whore myself out on the best street corner in wales....kinda like surgeons
Slarty
+37|5935|Ingerland
Mechanical/electrical maintenance.

Basically repairing and maintaining CNC/NC machines, automation and overhead gantries.

4 year apprenticeship and shift work = £££'s
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6101|Carnoustie MASSIF

Slarty wrote:

Basically repairing and maintaining CNC/NC machines, automation and overhead gantries.

I served 4 months of an apprenticeship in that field, mechanical engineering, but I loathed it. £2.23 an hour. 40 Hour weeks:(

Interesting stuff though guys, seems to be a wide diversity of occupations.
Slarty
+37|5935|Ingerland

1n_n07h1ng_w3_7ru57 wrote:

I served 4 months of an apprenticeship in that field, mechanical engineering, but I loathed it. £2.23 an hour. 40 Hour weeks:(
Don't get me wrong, for the 4 years of the apprenticeship the wages were crap, but that's to be expected. Plus, getting into bed at 7:30am isn't what I call fun

The work can be very hard, physically and mentally, but it's a challenge
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

*Certified electrician (but i dont work as that anymore)
*Certified logistics automobile engineer (sounds a tad better than it really is)

Work as a spare parts manager and aftersales manager at a medium sized Toyota dealership
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

Varegg wrote:

*Certified electrician (but i dont work as that anymore)
*Certified logistics automobile engineer (sounds a tad better than it really is)

Work as a spare parts manager and aftersales manager at a medium sized Toyota dealership
+ the stig in Top Gear

EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
bum
LOG
dain bramaged
+51|6092|Punta Gorda,Florida
roofer,   i do it all   tin,rubber,shingle,hot tar done it close to 20 yrs now. 

roofers are good on top   
you learn the true meaning of life when you see houses and cars blow by like leaves on a windy day.
Surgeons

Slarty wrote:

40 hours a week is nothing thats only 8 hours a day
Parker
isteal

The Sheriff wrote:

Slarty wrote:

40 hours a week is nothing thats only 8 hours a day
40 hours a week is a happy memory
Surgeons

For the past 2 months i've been doing 60+ hour weeks, most I did was 67, it feels good to have a break from it, but even then, they didn't really take their toll on me.
Parker
isteal

The Sheriff wrote:

For the past 2 months i've been doing 60+ hour weeks, most I did was 67, it feels good to have a break from it, but even then, they didn't really take their toll on me.
worst i ever had was in texas....20 hour days for ten days in a row.

THAT fucking nearly killed me.....great $$$ though
Surgeons

I bought a ps3 and hdtv with my overtime money (Was supposed to be spent on food when im at uni but i can live off bread and water )
Nintendogamer
+72|6558|Chelmsford, UK
Sainsburys, checkout boy, had some woman faint at my till the other day. pay is okay i suppose, but we get paid every 4th friday.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

I was an Electrical Engineer (MSEE)  working in business development, system engineering and project management in communications systems (DoD Classified stuff).

Company sold.   I cashed out and resigned.

Since then I've been working in small, developing non-profits & volunteer groups that help people in crisis (homeless, transitional, financial, families in crisis, etc.).  I do everything from running the business & logistics, to counseling, to street-level work.

I'm in a better place.

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6546|London
pr0 gamer

Spoiler (highlight to read):
read: student

Last edited by Aries_37 (2008-09-22 06:18:45)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6293|Orrstrayleea
Butcher/student.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard