X.Mod|^uk
+2|5709
Hello. If you are wondering how to make a Waib server on BF2 then here it is......

What is What?

antispawncamp.zip: When a player spawns on a spawn point, a 5 second timer runs. If the player gets killed before this time is up then it counts as a spawnrape kill. 4 Spawnrapes and you are kicked from the server (on the fourth). If you get killed after 5 seconds then it
does not count as a spawnrape.

Karkand_flags_WAIB.zip: A file which changes the flag layout of the 16 Player Karkand Map Size. Instead of MEC having Hotel, Square and Market at the beginning of the game and USA having the uncap on the hill, MEC start at USA's normal uncap position and USA start by having Market. Market is also an uncap. Square and Hotel start as neutral. 32 and 64 Player sizes are not supported.

BF2Oldschool.zip BF2 Oldschool is a Battlefield 2 python script made for few things:     

- Restrict some weapons on server                     
- Kick or kill player for using restricted weapon     
- Kick commander (or just throw info)                 
- Manage script via rcon 

At First

1. Create a new folder in your documents and call it something like 'Waib Server Files'

2. Download the 'antispawncamp.zip' into the folder you created.

3. Download the 'Karkand_flags_WAIB.zip' into the folder you created.

4. Download the 'BF2Oldschool.zip' into the folder you created.

5. Stop your Battlefield 2 Server.

To access the files, PM me.

Installation

Installing the 'BF2Oldschool.zip'

1. Extract the 'BF2Oldschool.zip' in your 'Waib Server Files' folder in your documents.

2. Go to the following directory in your BF2 Server:

/mods/bf2/python/game/

3. Paste there the following which was included in your 'BF2Oldschool.zip' file:

'bf2_oldschool.py'

4. Edit the '__init__.py' file in the directory mentioned in your BF2 Server Files and add the two lines:

import bf2_oldschool                                     
bf2_oldschool.init()

5. To configure the script once placed in the correct directory (to create auto admin), read the bf2_oldschool.py which is located in the 'BF2Oldschool.zip' file.

6. Delete the files you extracted from 'BF2Oldschool.zip' in your 'My Documents/Waib Server Files' on your computer. This decreases confusion for later.

Installing the 'Karkand_flags_WAIB.zip'

1. Extract 'Karkand_flags_WAIB.zip' in your Waib Server Files folder in your documents.

2. Go to the following directory in your BF2 server:

/mods/bf2/Levels/Strike_at_Karkand

3. Make a back up of the 'Strike_at_Karkand' folder just in case something goes wrong.

4. Paste in your BF2 Server in the directory mentioned above, the 'server.zip' which was included in the 'Karkand_flags_WAIB.zip' file download.

NOTE: Overwrite the server.zip that is currently there with the one included in the' Karkand_flags_WAIB.zip' file download.

5. Delete the files you extracted from ''Karkand_flags_WAIB.zip' in your 'My Documents/Waib Server Files' on your computer. This decreases confusion for later.

NOTE: Launch the server as you normally would, with the map size selected as the 16 Player Map size. 32 and 64 Player sizes are not supported.

Installing the 'antispawncamp.zip'

1. Extract the 'antispawncamp.zip' in your Waib Server Files folder in your documents.

2. Go to the following directory in your BF2 Server:

/mods/bf2/python/game/

3. Paste there the following which was included in your 'antispawncamp.zip' file:

'antispawncamp.zip'

4. Edit the '__init__.py' file in the directory mentioned in your BF2 Server Files and add the two lines:

import spawnrape
spawnrape.init()

5. If you like, delete the files you extracted from 'antispawncamp.zip' in your 'My Documents/Waib Server Files' on your computer. 

NOTE: Don't forgot the file '__init__.py' in your /mods/bf2/python/game/ on your BF2 server used to configure the 'antispawncamp.zip' is the same one used to configure the 'BF2Oldschool.zip' file. Therefore I have included a screen shot on what it should look like at the end of this tutorial:

https://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee208/JBYUT/initpicture.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

Please credit the makers of these files and follow the licence at all times.

Please give a great thankyou to Titch for helping out with the 'antispawncamp.zip' .  Please speak to me if you have any concerns over this.

"Waib Infantry by InQursion Gaming Powered by Rackage.com"

www.inq-gaming.com

X.Mod|^uk.

Last edited by X.Mod|^uk (2008-10-19 08:26:37)

Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK
do you even know what waib means
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6161|Dublin
Its German, its related to whining about usersettings and god reg
X.Mod|^uk
+2|5709

Simon wrote:

Do you really think I would make this post if I didn't know what a waib server was?

Last edited by X.Mod|^uk (2008-09-26 15:32:53)

Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

Simon wrote:

I don't....
Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK

X.Mod|^uk wrote:

Simon wrote:

Do you really think I would make this post if I didn't know what a waib server was?

Use some common sense and don't post rubbish!
could you tell me what it means then please
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland

X.Mod|^uk wrote:

antispawncamp.zip: When a player spawns on a spawn point, a 5 second timer runs. If the player gets killed before this time is up then it counts as a spawnrape kill. 4 Spawnrapes and you are kicked from the server (on the fourth). If you get killed after 5 seconds then it
does not count as a spawnrape.
Wtf? So you're capping a flag, someone spawns and they have 5 free seconds to shoot at you? Ace
X.Mod|^uk
+2|5709
Yea your capturing a flag and then someone spawns. You can only kill them after 5 secs otherwise it counts as a spawn kill.... This prevents people standing behind spawns and killing you straight after you spawn. It's better then getting spawn raped... especially when market is uncap. 5 seconds may seem a long time but really, it takes about 2-3 secs for you to notice someone shooting at you and find where he is. 2 seconds untill he or you die. If your lucky, the person wouldn't have started firing at you straight after you spawn.
MrAnderson
Anyone who is any good will be constantly scanning for enemies, it's very easy to spot someone who spawns,  and if it takes more than 5 seconds for one to kill the other...Jesus. You know, I hate all the elitist bullshit around here, but now I can see why people do it...
X.Mod|^uk
+2|5709
Often, it does take more then 5 secs to find and kill an enemy after they spawn, especially when your distracted by something else....

I must admit though, 5 secs is probably a little long so we will be lowering it on our waib server.

There is no elitist bullshit around here, I am simply stating a tutorial on how to make a server for those who need it.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6734|St. Andrews / Oslo

Simon wrote:

X.Mod|^uk wrote:

Simon wrote:

Use some common sense and don't post rubbish!
could you tell me what it means then please
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5752|شمال

Ec0li wrote:

Simon wrote:

I don't....
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
X.Mod|^uk
+2|5709
Waib...

Medic Only,
Karkand 16 player maps,
20 slots,
No Baserape,
No Unlocks,
Unranked,
Flags changed as described at the top of my first post.
MrAnderson
Wasn't saying you were talking elitist bullshit, I was implying that a 5 second 'spawn shield' might incure the wrath of said elitist bullshiters
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
I can't find a damn WAIB server with people in it.
robcr9
+111|5983
I dunno what waib means xD

I bet he will be on google soon
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371

X.Mod|^uk wrote:

Waib...

Medic Only,
Karkand 16 player maps,
20 slots,
No Baserape,
No Unlocks,
Unranked,
Flags changed as described at the top of my first post.
people dont game there, this ^waib thingy you are all talking about is no gaming, its work.

Just enter the server once with the thought
"for every kill/revive they get here they recieve 40$"

Last edited by GateKeeper{NL} (2008-09-26 01:01:00)

X.Mod|^uk
+2|5709

MrAnderson wrote:

Wasn't saying you were talking elitist bullshit, I was implying that a 5 second 'spawn shield' might incure the wrath of said elitist bullshiters
Ohh ok... well yeah people do get annoyed when they cant kill someone for 5 secs. Saying that though, the victim gets more annoyed and no one gains any kills or death by spawnraping so there is nothing to lost or gain.

Its not that bad.

----------

Rob... I explained what waib is allready ^^

Last edited by X.Mod|^uk (2008-09-26 15:32:31)

thanatos74
+1|5780|Germany
hi, can i have the files plz, or where can I find the files

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard