Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6477
omg I can´t belive it actually worked. BUt why didn´t he show up? And why did noone mention BF2s!!?!?!

Still, Katy is a naughty chick. To use Kanye West´s words, "I´d never hit a girl, but I´d shag the shit outta you!"

Way to go bf2s! With Europe it starts...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6943|Nårvei

Epic lulz

Now ... firstly we have to get the democrats to change the law that concerns natural born citizen and then we elect him Potus 2012

Astley/Palin 2012  ... lez do it
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
GR34
+215|6678|ALBERTA> CANADA
I would say between bf2s and 4chan we casted at least 2 million votes.

But this is truely an EPIC win for the internets

Last edited by GR34 (2008-11-07 12:01:40)

Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6429|Bloomington Indiana
telegraph.co.uk wrote
The 42-year-old Englishman received 100 million votes – more than all the night's other winners combined – to take the title ahead of international stars such as U2, Britney Spears and The Beatles.

Astley's career has enjoyed an unlikely revival in recent years thanks to an internet trend known as Rickrolling, in which people are tricked into watching his videos by clicking on more enticingly-labelled links.

His 1987 hit Never Gonna Give You Up now been watched more than 20 million times on YouTube, winning over a new generation of fans who have now handed him MTV glory.

Astley's name was not included on the original award shortlist, but the public were allowed to nominate their own favourites and a groundswell of support quickly built up around the Lancastrian.

"We've been well and truly Rickrolled," Richard Godfrey, a senior vice-president at MTV and executive producer of the awards said. "We wanted to see who our audience would nominate and, given that we're in Liverpool, we thought it would be someone like the Beatles. But before the nominations were even announced he shot into the lead."

Astley did not attend the awards ceremony at the city's Echo Arena, but issued a statement thanking those who voted for him.

"I am honoured that my fans worked so hard to help me win Best Act Ever at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards," he said.

"This is the first time I have been nominated for the EMAs and I would like to thank everyone who voted for me."
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5999

HellMilky wrote:

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

WTF is going on here who is this rick fellow? If he is on MTV then my assumption is he is like some sort of pop star? I thought bf2s was cooler than being obsessed with teeny boppers and MTV, the worst cable network... MTV is destroying the youths view of the real world in America and abroad.. Death to viacom and this rick roll guy!!!!
as 4chan nicely says it: LURK MOAR!

guys, we've rickrolled the world. ultimate achievement

edit: and seriously, why the hell is that crowd going nuts over rick astley? I bet that the half of them dont even know him
My guess was most of them cheered because they didn't want to "look stupid" because they didn't know who he was.
But srsly.
We all get awarded infinite internets and we get a free divide by zero card.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6524|fåking denmark

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

HellMilky wrote:

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

WTF is going on here who is this rick fellow? If he is on MTV then my assumption is he is like some sort of pop star? I thought bf2s was cooler than being obsessed with teeny boppers and MTV, the worst cable network... MTV is destroying the youths view of the real world in America and abroad.. Death to viacom and this rick roll guy!!!!
as 4chan nicely says it: LURK MOAR!

guys, we've rickrolled the world. ultimate achievement

edit: and seriously, why the hell is that crowd going nuts over rick astley? I bet that the half of them dont even know him
My guess was most of them cheered because they didn't want to "look stupid" because they didn't know who he was.
But srsly.
We all get awarded infinite internets and we get a free divide by zero card.
You are going to "auditions" before you get to buy a ticket.
If you don't  cheer at everything they say, even how much you hate them, u gon get ur arse kiked.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6679
Next year, write in Rick Astley for every category. Then, continue to do it every year until mtv stops broadcasting.

www.rickastley.co.uk wrote:

BestActEver.com Reports over 945million Votes
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard