The#1Spot
+105|6538|byah
https://www.autospies.com/images/users/carlover99/bugatti_veyron_fbg_par_hermes_3.jpg
Few months ago there were only rumors, but now, according to our sources the new Bugatti Veyron GT has been confirmed and it will be launched in the first months of 2009. The massive engine of the vehicle will deliver now an astonishing 1350 hp and 1280 Nm of torque while the top speed will be of 425 km/h while the sprint from 0-100 km/h will be made in just 2.4 seconds. The Veyron GT will also feature a new back spoiler and a reduce ground clearance for better stability at high speeds and a new ceramic brake system to be able to stop in time. No words about the price yet but be sure the new Veyron GT will be built in a limited version at some astronomical prices…
For the people who do not know what 425km/h is. Its 264mph. Most likely tire life limited.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2008-09-16 17:34:50)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

What. The. Fuck.

That's Amazing.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5846|one windy city
impressive max speed, impressive 0-60, insane HP, most likely insane $$$$ and not that good looking for Bugatti.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6411|Michigan, USA

Wow, those are some ridiculous stats.  Yeah, at those limits, everything probably comes down to the performance of the tires.  But what would work better than rubber?!  There's Michelin's tweel (click for pic), but it's noted that "above 50 mph, the Tweel vibrates considerably. That in itself is a big problem, but it also causes two other things: noise and heat. A fast moving Tweel is unpleasantly loud."

ANYWAYS, this Bugatti has some uber stats, but I imagine with an even more limited run, we should expect what, a billion dollar price this time? (half-joking)
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
ahhh shit, now i got to find one of those, sit in it and get the driver to rev it

like ive done with the vanilla veyron
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

the top speed will be of 425 km/h while the sprint from 0-100 km/h will be made in just 2.4 seconds
No sane person is going to travel at that speed, at any time, for any reason. You would die attempting it.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
The#1Spot
+105|6538|byah

TheAussieReaper wrote:

the top speed will be of 425 km/h while the sprint from 0-100 km/h will be made in just 2.4 seconds
No sane person is going to travel at that speed, at any time, for any reason. You would die attempting it.
Captain slow did 407km/h with the current Veyron.
Home
Section.80
+447|6846|Seattle, Washington, USA

The#1Spot wrote:

1350 hp
Holy shit!

Last edited by Home (2008-09-16 18:35:34)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin
Nice speed, too bad there are speed limits
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

commandochristian wrote:

Wow, those are some ridiculous stats.  Yeah, at those limits, everything probably comes down to the performance of the tires.  But what would work better than rubber?!  There's Michelin's tweel (click for pic), but it's noted that "above 50 mph, the Tweel vibrates considerably. That in itself is a big problem, but it also causes two other things: noise and heat. A fast moving Tweel is unpleasantly loud."

ANYWAYS, this Bugatti has some uber stats, but I imagine with an even more limited run, we should expect what, a billion dollar price this time? (half-joking)
Why do you bring those up... they are rubber too, and most the pictures you see of them are from YEARS ago with no new news...They won't be used because they are stupid.

How well do these cars turn? Seems like its kinda useless for anything other then a close off very long flat strip.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

VicktorVauhn wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

Why do you bring those up... they are rubber too, and most the pictures you see of them are from YEARS ago with no new news...They won't be used because they are stupid.

How well do these cars turn? Seems like its kinda useless for anything other then a close off very long flat strip.
The Veyron was never meant to be a track car.

It was more of a testbed to see what the VW guys could do - they make a massive loss on every car sold.

Think of it like an Aston Martin - Amazing car, but you wouldn't take one to a track
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

FatherTed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

It was more of a testbed to see what the VW guys could do - they make a massive loss on every car sold.

Think of it like an Aston Martin - Amazing car, but you wouldn't take one to a track
But you still could
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Gooners wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

But you still could
you couldnt, for a similar price Ferrari, Lambo, the Aston wouldn't stand a chance
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5828|u fucking wot m8
Hold on I'll ask mum..
https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

Laura wrote:

Hold on I'll ask mum..
Wait...
A girl posting on a video game forum in a car thread? Is the world about to end?

Anyway, back on topic. That is a brilliant bit of engineering. Sure the average owner will never get anywhere near top speed, but its the fact you know what its capable of.

Last edited by bennisboy (2008-09-16 19:27:31)

OxenBreeder
+46|5764|KTRI
I'm trying to remember where I saw a pic of what I thought was a convertible Veyron, '09 or '10,  seems like it was C&D, goes to look

Couldn't find it, but found this video, well, still photos made into a video.

Well, it seems it's a "Grand Sport', and it's even sexier that the HT

btw, mute your volume if you click on the linky, music sucks

Last edited by OxenBreeder (2008-09-16 19:56:42)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

Useless
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
I don't like it lol *flamesuit on*
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
BlackKoala
+215|6323
Still an ugly ass car.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
What BlackKoala said ...
The#1Spot
+105|6538|byah

FatherTed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

Its not an SSC Ultimate Aero. You can race the car on a track. Also the car set a time at the Nurburgring.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2008-09-16 20:53:21)

Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5828|u fucking wot m8

bennisboy wrote:

Laura wrote:

Hold on I'll ask mum..
Wait...
A girl posting on a video game forum in a car thread? Is the world about to end?
Noppee, Just sick of the other forums I've been to
https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

Laura wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Laura wrote:

Hold on I'll ask mum..
Wait...
Noppee, Just sick of the other forums I've been to
Fair enough. Well have fun!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
I want to know what they've done to that W16 to get like 350 more horses out of it! I mean it was already a 16 cylinder 8.0l quad turbo motherfucker...
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

Much as I adore the Veyron I'd much rather have this, it's far cooler

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard