Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
Ok, so yesterday out of nowhere I got the blue screen of death. I don't know how I got it. I thought it was because I didn't have enough ram, but that's not the problem. I started up my computer today and like 5 minutes later I got the BSOD again. It's not because of ram, and I can't get the error number or anything. What can cause the BSOD?
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
Should have posted this in tech, oops.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Moved to tech.

What do your temps look like? Have you touched your BIOS recently?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

without an error code this could be anything
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Moved to tech.

What do your temps look like? Have you touched your BIOS recently?
I haven't touched anything. I don't know about my temp.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
You really aren't giving us much to work with. We need something.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
Have you installed/changed anything recently?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
Give me the error code ffs
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Jackabo
+127|6528|Dublin, Ireland
there is none
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

Jackabo wrote:

there is none
Next time it BSODs, take a photo of the BSOD and post it here.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

.Sup wrote:

and be quick because most systems dump rather quickly.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Nah, you can note the error by prevent windows from automatcally rebooting by unchecking the following:

https://i36.tinypic.com/m93m3c.jpg

We also need you to go into event viewer as soon as window reloads to note any critical errors that have been logged.

start --> control panel --> adminstrative tools --> event viewer --> windows logs
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
This is all I could find in the Event Viewer.

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

m3thod wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Nah, you can note the error by prevent windows from automatcally rebooting by unchecking the following:

http://i36.tinypic.com/m93m3c.jpg

We also need you to go into event viewer as soon as window reloads to note any critical errors that have been logged.

start --> control panel --> adminstrative tools --> event viewer --> windows logs
Your also given memory dump file in your root directory.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
BCCode : 1000007f     BCP1 : 00000008     BCP2 : 80042000     BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 2_0     Product : 768_1     

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Resp … 948af7601c

Just got it again. That's the error. The website it linked me to.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

m3thod wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

http://i36.tinypic.com/m93m3c.jpg

thanks for reminding me how to do that actually, +1
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
Ugh, I'm getting pissed. I keep getting the BSOD like every time I try to do something. It's getting really annoying. I can't even do anything it seems because I get it every time I try.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5687|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Whiplash wrote:

Ugh, I'm getting pissed. I keep getting the BSOD like every time I try to do something. It's getting really annoying. I can't even do anything it seems because I get it every time I try.
Then quit trying and "Just Do It"

But yeah, get a screen cap, get the logs, do what they said.
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas

TheDonkey wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

It's impossible to get a screenshot of it. Once it comes up my computer restarts. Even though I don't have the box checked for it to restart automatically.
MasterNe0
+1|6554|New York City
When PC boots, before loading the Windows Logo, go into Safe Mode Menu (Press f8), you should get options including
[img]http://www.techwarelabs.com/guides/misc_mod/cleanupguide/images/pick-safe-mode.gif[/img]

Click on "Disable automatic restart on system failure" to stop it from rebooting.
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
Can nobody help me? I've tried everything. I'm still getting it for the same reason.

EDIT: I don't have the "Automatically restart" option checked, but it still restarts anyways. So I can't see the BSOD when it happens. I don't know what to do. I'm not reinstalling windows though.

Last edited by Whiplash (2008-09-19 22:25:24)

Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6642

Whiplash wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

It's impossible to get a screenshot of it. Once it comes up my computer restarts. Even though I don't have the box checked for it to restart automatically.
Sounds like over heating.  a BSOD will stay there until reboot.  If it is flashing and rebooting, it will do that it you have something over heating.  Either CPU or NB.

I didn't read the whole post so sorry if this has been addressed.

Check heat.

Reinstall critical drivers (mobo, graphics, etc).

Also (I know it sounds strange) if your running a sound card, remove it.  Bad sound card can do a lot of funky stuff.

The easiest (IMO) and best way is to do a complete reformat of your computer.

99% of the time that will fix everything and give yea a great performance boost.  Fresh OS, nothing like it.

If you still get BSOD it's hardware, start removing things.

It's not the easy way, but the best way.  You could have reformatted 10 times over by the sounds of it.

Good luck

Whiplash wrote:

I'm not reinstalling windows though.
Ah just read that, well your really going to need some luck.  Could be one of a million things.  You can eliminate most of them with a reinstall, however if you refuse to do it, your going to have to tinker, google, and getting pissed of for a while.

Seems a little silly to spend weeks trying to figure it out or a few hours reinstalling your OS.

Your call.

Last edited by Stealth42o (2008-09-19 22:42:13)

Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
Well, maybe I need to clean out my computer. It's probably dusty and could be causing some overheating. I'll clean it tomorrow and see if it helps me at all.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6642

Whiplash wrote:

Well, maybe I need to clean out my computer. It's probably dusty and could be causing some overheating. I'll clean it tomorrow and see if it helps me at all.
If you have not installed yet

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/
Will tell you what your cpu temps are, and keep a log of how high it gets.  Free to use and invaluable.  Install it and see how high it goes.  Now getting reading on your NB, you will need a program like everest (Or a lot of mobo's come with software).

GPU temp monitoring with rivatune , ntune, ati tool, depends on your GPU (I forgot what it is).

Definitely clean the dust out, monitor your temps so you can eliminate that as the problem.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Whiplash wrote:

I'm not reinstalling windows though.
have fun with your broken PC
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard