sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
So, I gave Lars Ulrich $11 and bought the new Metallica's album Death Magnetic today hoping that it wasn't a piece of shit like St. Anger.  After listening to the 10 songs album I must say that this album sounds better than Shit Anger, Load, Reload and possibly the Black Album.  I must listen to it more to make a complete review, however the first impression is a definitely thumbs up.  It even has guitar solos.
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6486|Liverpool, England
Pissing awesome album , nuff said
Christbane
+51|6244
I was dissapointed with the first single.  but overall I like it.  it is for sure their best stuff since and justice for all...   but just like all of their CD's I cant download them from my music subscription. so I doubt I will get it
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
The Day That Never Comes is pretty awesome, That Was Just Your Life is pretty good, Suicide and Redemption is AWESOME, Cyanide is pretty good as well, and The Judas Kiss is pretty sick.

Overall, 8.5/10. Very good, but not perfect.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
Ok, we can forgive The Unforgiven III, I'd say it's not Kill 'Em All or Master of Puppets, but it's their best album since And Justice for All.  8/10.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6561|Scotland
I love it too, but I loved all the albums including St Anger lol.

The end of the line is going to be so good live.
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

I'm addicted to this album.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6605
I've listened through it all at least 8 times...

Gets fucking better every listen.

All Nightmare Long, The End of the Line and the Unforgiven III are fucking amazzzzzzzzzzzing.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6561|Scotland
I thought everyone here would hate it lol.

I'm glad they pulled it off, The Unforgiven III is so good, in love with the intro.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

Only heard a few songs off my friends mp3 player and it sounds just awesome in comparison to St. Anger ... And Justice for All is still my fav album with Master of Puppets as a close number 2
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

the Unforgiven III are fucking amazzzzzzzzzzzing.
It didn't really live up to my expectations to be honest. It's good, but nothing really ties it to the other songs (in terms of the guitar riffs and licks).
The End of the Line is my favorite song, followed by All Nightmare Long, and Broken, Beat & Scarred
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California
Haven't listened to it, and isn't really my type of music...

But my first impression is "Death Magnetic" sounds like its trying really hard to be the title of a metal album....Like a bunch of guys in suits just got word back from the focus group.

Good to hear its a worthwhile album though, I was a fan way back when... and Metalica is such a classic group it would suck for them to come back later and release some crap, always so disappointing when groups do that.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6644|South Jersey
and Metalica is such a classic group it would suck for them to come back later and release some crap, always so disappointing when groups do that.
Lol.  Listen St. Anger, and you'll hear crap.. No seriously,  whatever medium you listen to it on will start smoking, farting, and eventually turn into shit.  St. Anger blew.

Last edited by -Gunsmoke- (2008-09-12 22:39:07)

MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6605

Ryan wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

the Unforgiven III are fucking amazzzzzzzzzzzing.
It didn't really live up to my expectations to be honest. It's good, but nothing really ties it to the other songs (in terms of the guitar riffs and licks).
The End of the Line is my favorite song, followed by All Nightmare Long, and Broken, Beat & Scarred
I just love the intro to it, classical piano, trumpets and other instruments make it sound so epic.

8.5/10
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
I really like The Unforgiven III. I didn't think I would, but the vocals are actually pretty decent.

Just a great mix of everything.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
Well, we can agree it's a good album, and that's a lot more than what everybody expected after 20 years of crap.  GJ Metallica, you still can make good old metal music, thx.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

and Metalica is such a classic group it would suck for them to come back later and release some crap, always so disappointing when groups do that.
Lol.  Listen St. Anger, and you'll hear crap.. No seriously,  whatever medium you listen to it on will start smoking, farting, and eventually into shit.  St. Anger blew.
Well then, you guys know what I mean

Honestly haven't really listened to them since I was a kid...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

I'm listening through it now, and so far I'm not especially impressed. I'm only on The End of The Line right now, but if this the best song on the album as everyone seems to think I can't say my expectations are very high. That said I like both Load and Reload so there you go.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5993|Perth, indian ocean
This album fucking rocks
My third favorite, after Master of Puppets and Ride the lightning
Only issues is that Lars needs to turn down his drums

Last edited by belldawg (2008-09-14 21:42:35)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5940|Somewhere out in Space
The end of the line is far from the best song, you can tell since most of the kids are awwed by the fact it uses the same vocal verse style from creeping death.  Its All Nightmare Long that you want to hear.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6555
Garbage.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Listened to the first six tracks during my run this AM. Pretty fucking amazing so far.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6483|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Recent records

Slipknot : All hope is gone > Metallica : Death magnetic

Dull magnetic is dull.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5993|Perth, indian ocean
In cyanide, the best part is when he grunts "Death, here me call, your, naaaaame". Love that part.
The unforgiven three was a little dissapointing, but still a good song.
and OMG AN INSTRUMENTAL WOOOOO
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6158|'straya
Personally didnt dig it. in my opinion metallica took a right turn at Sellout road when they released the black album.

this album is just more of the same they have been flogging out for years... admittedly it is alot better than St anger and half the album between st anger and black album. but really thats not saying much. decent album. but it was an album i had to force myself to listen to... unlike finding a really good album where i cant stop listening.

5/10 imo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard