Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6751|Salt Lake City

OrangeHound wrote:

Varegg wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

You are ignoring 10 years as a business entrepreneur and manager in the oil industry, plus about 5 years as business leadership of the Texas Rangers (baseball).

Combined with the governorship, that's nearly 20 years of executive experience.
How did his business go ?
Actually, quite successful ... if I recall ... it is what propelled him to the governorship.

m3thod wrote:

I want someone who doesnt look like he going to die within the next 2 minutes.
Unfortunately, both Obama and McCain fall into this category ... which is why I'm probably voting for the VP in this election.
Uhhh, not hardly.  He was actually not very successful at all.

http://alaric3rh.home.sprynet.com/science/bceo.html
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6687|UK
I was also under the impression dubya was a failed businessman.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Actually, quite successful ... if I recall ... it is what propelled him to the governorship.

m3thod wrote:

Unfortunately, both Obama and McCain fall into this category ... which is why I'm probably voting for the VP in this election.

Was a little afraid to bring that up after it being one of Micheal Moores points against him in the Fahrenheit movie ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6687|UK

OrangeHound wrote:

Varegg wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

You are ignoring 10 years as a business entrepreneur and manager in the oil industry, plus about 5 years as business leadership of the Texas Rangers (baseball).

Combined with the governorship, that's nearly 20 years of executive experience.

m3thod wrote:

Obama is old? he was born in 61!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6557|Texas - Bigger than France

m3thod wrote:

I'll be honest i have noooo idea what FDR is or indeed the American political system.  I cant even be arsed to go read up on it.

I'm simpley rooting for what seems the lesser of 2 evils.  Not that i have any faith in said political system and its participants for that matter.
No problem, just messing with ya.

FDR - Franklin Delanor Roosevelt.  Brought the US out of the Great Depression.  President during WWII.  Handicapped, lots of health issues.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6665|Washington DC

m3thod wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Varegg wrote:

m3thod wrote:

It is not Obama's age that threatens his longevity as a President, it is his skin color.  I'm talking assassination.  There is still a lot of deep-seeded racism in America, and there have already been two plots uncovered to assassinate him.  Unfortunately, it is only a matter of time, IMO.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

Obama was sworn in as a senator on January 4, 2005

Guess he was a lot on vacation if only working 143 days in 3,5 years
If you read the OP it said 143 days before he through his hat in the ring for the presidency. Not to date.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

If anything I would say a lack of exposure to Washington politics is a good thing, steaming pile of corruption that it is. Isn't that what his message is: change?

Edit: PureFodder beat me to it...
Yes because we all know that a steaming pile of CHICAGO corruption is just the sort of "change" that is needed
OrangeHound

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If you read the OP it said 143 days before he through his hat in the ring for the presidency. Not to date.
But, TBH, Obama has been mostly a full-time campaigner since the announcement ... I can only think of a few days that he's been in Washington since the announcement (for a couple of votes).
Varegg
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

OrangeHound wrote:

m3thod wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Varegg wrote:

It is not Obama's age that threatens his longevity as a President, it is his skin color.  I'm talking assassination.  There is still a lot of deep-seeded racism in America, and there have already been two plots uncovered to assassinate him.  Unfortunately, it is only a matter of time, IMO.
So it has never been more important to check out which VP will do the best job seeing as the possibility to become President for a VP has never been greater ...

So do you choose the "task from God girl" ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

So he was twirling his thumbs the other days is that what you are saying ?
OrangeHound

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Varegg wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Well, looks like that 10 years in the oil industry wasn't good ... (since I'm a baseball fan), I was really only familiar with what he had done with the Texas Rangers, and I just assumed that he had been previously successful.
OrangeHound

Varegg wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

m3thod wrote:

So it has never been more important to check out which VP will do the best job seeing as the possibility to become President for a VP has never been greater ...

So do you choose the "task from God girl" ?
That's my position.  McCain doesn't look energetic to me (he has in the past, just not now), and the Presidency takes a massive toll on one's health so it wouldn't surprise me that he would die in office or be rendered incompetent ... and, I think Obama has bullseye written all over him (we've got enough extremest kooks in America that someone will likely attempt to ice him).

So, I'm looking at the VP list ... I'm not leaning one way or the other at the moment.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Oh no, I am not saying that He and Oprah were working hard on his campaign
Varegg
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

So you spread rumours rather than looking for what he did do ? ... good job lowing
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

So you spread rumours rather than looking for what he did do ? ... good job lowing
Spread rumors?? You might wanna do some internet searches, you can not find ANYTHING about Obama campaigning without the name Oprah attached to it. He hasn't done shit.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6705|Tampa Bay Florida
what about Palin?? (finally I can say it)

And only a moron would think "experience" starts from when he's voted to US Sentate.  Thats "political experience".  Not the same thing.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6691|Belgium

Pug wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Oh good.  Who are you voting for in the US election?
Looking at the influence the US president has worldwide, I believe Europeans should have a vote in this...
Varegg
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spread rumors?? You might wanna do some internet searches, you can not find ANYTHING about Obama campaigning without the name Oprah attached to it. He hasn't done shit.
And this work schedule is the same for all US Senators i reckon, they all just work 143 days pr 3,5 years ? ... 40 days of work and 325 doing nothing ? ... somehow i find that a little hard to believe lowing
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Spearhead wrote:

And only a moron would think "experience" starts from when he's voted to US Sentate.  Thats "political experience".  Not the same thing.
I dunno what about Palin? I don't think Oprah did much for her rise campaign.

Yeah I guess corrupt chicago business dealings would qualify Obama
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

And this work schedule is the same for all US Senators i reckon, they all just work 143 days pr 3,5 years ? ... 40 days of work and 325 doing nothing ? ... somehow i find that a little hard to believe lowing
He did work, he worked very hard on his campaign
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6705|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Your ignorance justifies your beliefs.
Varegg
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

He did work, he worked very hard on his campaign
Source ?

You might want to read this, it's a little piece of information about what he did as Senator: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama#U.S. … .93present
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Your ignorance justifies your beliefs.
Ok well please point out what I have said about Obama that is not true? and enlighten me
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6777

its funny obama spent most of his time campaigning. most of his "experience" in washington has been on his campaign.  sad really.

and you all can argue you all you want, but it is backfiring on him and the numbers prove it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard